• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third version to HGSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Third version to HGSS? NOTE: NOT CRYSTAL REMAKE THREAD

They dont make third versions for remakes.

There might be a Gen V with a new region, but thats a whole different matter.

End thread.

Raine said:
Yeah, because one time DEFINTELY indicates that we won't EVER get a third version of a remake. [/sarcasm]

I think that I don't have to say anything.
But you're doubting a gen V? Might? Why is that?

Unown Lord said:
I've been reading a few Japanese blogs, and there does seem to be a consensus that Celebi will be the movie's secondary promotion, as opposed to the main one. That's just an observation, though.

Really? That's interesting. It doesn't really matter much for me, as I'm probably not going to get any of them anyways, the events seem to hate me or something.

Oh, and since everyone is big on patterns, then there WILL be a game coming out next year since in the past a main series game was at least released in two years.
Before someone else corrects you: You probably meant that a new game will have to be released by the end of 2011.

and I doubt anyone predicted FRLG in the third generation.
Indeed. No generation has ever been exactly the same as its predecessor. Generation II did not have a fourth version due its being shorter by almost a year than Generation I and the anime no longer being as popular as it was when Yellow was released. Generation III, despite being roughly as long as Generation I, had a set of remakes and two console RPGs instead of a fourth Hoenn version and another take on the Stadium series.

Now we have Generation IV, which is most likely going to be around two years longer than Generation III. Why should it have the same amount of games spread across a longer period? Despite HGSS' late release date, the next generation is probably three years away, so the gap will be as long as the entire duration of Generation II.

H-con said:
Really? That's interesting.
One site said that it is likely that Z will be an event Pokémon, and another one said that while a Fateful Encounter Celebi will obviously be distributed to unlock the Giovanni event, it would make the most sense to have it be a downloadable gift for players who pre-order their movie tickets (like Deoxys, Regigias and the Pikachu-colored Pichu). They think that something else will be the main promotion akin to Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

I wish they'd share their thoughts on how a second event would work out, though.

Probably waiting for a 3rd HgSs like the rest of us. Which would be hilarious cause I bet the only ones who are all SHUT THIS GEN OFF FROM HGSS NAO! are the ones who are more on Serebiiforums. Seriously this happens all I have to say is they will be mocked. Hard.

Re: An Entirely New Third Version with the name Crystal? NOTE: NOT CRYSTAL REMAKE THR

I doubt they'll remake Yellow though, it wouldn't fit with FRLG because it would be in 3D now

I think there could be a remake of Yellow, since it ''is'' based off the anime, it would be something like Gen V and might have all the regions.... or at least that "all the regions on it" won't be in a remake of Yellow, but I'm sure of it, I'm telling you THERE WILL BE A GAME WITH ALL REGIONS! (maybe many years later, when nobody then buys any other old game, so they are ready to realise this one.) I'm sure of it.

Whoa. While I have been on for a while right now, I just dozed off and I had one of my amazingly bad epiphanies for Pokemon. Kotone was wearing an overall skirt hybrid(her clothing but not shorts at the end but a skirt)and her bag was normal colored. Gold had his clothes as well but they were different somehow. I think one of the collars went missing. The game had some kinda event with the lock capsule and it involved something. Of course this was me dreaming and won't turn out like this.

Whoa. While I have been on for a while right now, I just dozed off and I had one of my amazingly bad epiphanies for Pokemon. Kotone was wearing an overall skirt hybrid(her clothing but not shorts at the end but a skirt)and her bag was normal colored. Gold had his clothes as well but they were different somehow. I think one of the collars went missing. The game had some kinda event with the lock capsule and it involved something. Of course this was me dreaming and won't turn out like this.

This may be off-topic, but, what does Kotone look like with a skirt? xD It really doesn't seem to fit her.

I'd be very surprised if MindCrystal were released and Kotone still wore clothes that made it hard to tell she was, in fact, Kris. It's Hibiki and Red's turn to have brand new attires.

But I'm not really interested in opening that can of worms before we know that the game is being made.

*eye twitch* Hibiki.

I can't see a skirt being part of Kotone's "main" outfit, she seems to be a shorts type of person along with Haruka, the Pokemon female protagonists that wear shorts opposed to Leaf's and Hikari's skirts. I don't see any major changes in the outfits for the heroes and rival.

I see Kotone receiving a white jacket and might wear a pair of regular blue shorts rather than overalls, but everything else would remain the same. As for Hibiki and Rival, I see Hibiki with his jacket unzipped wearing blue shorts/black jeans instead of his black shorts and Rival with his jacket unzipped as well.

There's no way they'll axe the hat and thigh highs, especially the thigh highs with the "Zettai Ryouiki" fad literally being hip around the lolicons.

This may be off-topic, but, what does Kotone look like with a skirt? xD It really doesn't seem to fit her.
Look at various japanese fanart with her in cascual clothes or look at fanart with her in her TR outfit. Actually don't look at the latter, unless you support RivalKotone. Hard.

Last edited:

I've been reading this 2ch thread to see people's thoughts on what the movie promotion is going to be. The Rock/Lock Capsule is indeed mentioned a few times (though no one dares speculate what it contains), and of course it is agreed that a Fateful Encounter Celebi will be one of the downloadble gifts. But there are people who think that the legendary beasts will be the secondary promotion, and this strikes me as a little odd.

Granted, at least Raikou and Entei are harder to obtain than Lugia and Ho-Oh in HGSS, but they are no longer as rare as Regigigas and the Regis were in 2008 (and probably still are) due to requiring Pal Park. There is also the fact that both Regigigas and the Pikachu-colored Pichu unlocked special events in new games. Supposing that Game Freak didn't have any plans to release another DS title, wouldn't there at least be a hidden event in HGSS involving the legendary beasts? HGSS don't have many references to the Burned Tower incident or any at all to Ho-Oh's connection with the beasts; wouldn't Game Freak have at least added a secret NPC like Platinum's Hiker (say, Eusine's grandfather) to make up for the ambiguity?

Even the Movie 10 Deoxys had the Veilstone meteorites to make it more interesting...

Last edited:

I was reading the HgSs prediction thread for the Manga, and something struck me odd. DP is coming to a close. Platinum is at least midway through with the frontier brains. After that not much is left but the torn world and such. This gives us at least another 5-6 months but even then, why have we not heard of an HgSs manga? I know this is a far stretch but we should at least have notions that there will be one sooner or later.

I was reading the HgSs prediction thread for the Manga, and something struck me odd. DP is coming to a close. Platinum is at least midway through with the frontier brains. After that not much is left but the torn world and such. This gives us at least another 5-6 months but even then, why have we not heard of an HgSs manga? I know this is a far stretch but we should at least have notions that there will be one sooner or later.

You mean Special? That doesn't have anything to do with MindCrystal and the HGSS arc was *unofficially* announced a few months ago. As for the reason why it hasn't started, I assume you haven't heard of the news that Grade 5 and Grade 6 are canceled. Grade 6's last issue will be next month and Grade 5's will be in Febuary. The pages of both issues of next month, so there will be 2 chapters each for Grade 5 and 6 for the following months. Kusaka is trying to finish publishing the DP arc before cancelation of Grade 5 and 6. We probably won't get the HGSS arc until March at the earliest because that's when the new magazine (Gakuman Plus) is released.

Yeah I mean special. And while there was an unofficial, I meant its strange that they don't seem to be hyping it when they should be at least.

I suspect that you don't really know this for a fact.

I this about the no DS sucessor coming anytime soon (the new one that was said to ave Nvidia graphics) or about coding the game? As I know quite a lot of different coding (I have taken courses in java prograaming, visual programming which includes C++, C# and Visual Basic, Web design which includes Java, PHP, XHTML, HTML, AJAX) and I now coding could be converted to work properly, so game could be modified to work, een if some things need to be changed.

They dont make third versions for remakes.

There might be a Gen V with a new region, but thats a whole different matter.

End thread.

Even if we had 4 remakes than that never happened, would that be proof the next wouln't do that? No, one set of remakes before haddly would do that.

Taking a game and sprucing things up when all it would require is 10 or so people isn't exactly going to set back a new generation were the whole department would work on it.

Well, guess thats true, if a third HGSS did appear, it wouldn't probably be as much updates like Platinum got

......AND this is where you lose me. You suggest to release something in 2011 to keep the 2 year trend when the likeliest release is 2012 for the 5th gen while there is no logical explanation to release a game only to get drowned the year after and think that its illogical to release something in 2010 where the option is viable. Yeah okay I think we're just about finished here...

I am saying what others have said, there has always been a game released within two years of another, but as I am saying, just because this is said, its not 100% proof that this will happen. HGSS changed things when it was released when it did. If HGSS had have been released before Platinum, Platinum would have meant the end of Gen IV most likley.

Now since this is not so, we can assume that since things have been broken here with the Gen IV releases being when they were, two things I can think of:

1) If they are planning a Gen V and no more Gen IV after now, last Gen IV main games have been done, the 2 year plan to have games released in could be altered. Or Gen V game could be released within the next two years, by 2011 at most.

2) If a third HGSS game appeared, it would bridge a gap long enough for a Gen V and enerything would be fine.

Now why do people think that Gen V won't come before 2012 or that Z in movie 13 is a new pokemon?

First, aside for the new hirings in 2011, that does not mean that they are reserved for making Gen V by 2012, it could come before then and blow any third HGSS out of the water

Second, the lock/rock capsule could be used for getting a new pokemon in Gen V and not as some think, another HGSS version.

Third, this "Z" pokemon in movie 13 could very well be just a pokemon that already exists, but we don;t know for sure. If its a brand new pokemon, I can see Gen V coming sooner than we think. If its a forme of a current pokemon, a possible third HGSS could be in the works.

Anyone know if the Japanese pokemon fans are taking about a third HGSS? or gen V or anything else like it?

Well, I don't yet know what is coming next, but I am sure I'll like it as they have not really let me down before in terms of what they have brought out.

I just realized that this year (it's coming in a few days, so I'm not using "next") will be the franchise's 15 anniversary. Technically, 2011 is the franchise's 15 anniversary, but I recall 2005 being celebrated as the 10th instead of 2006 (or were both years celebrated as the 10th anniversary?) since Pokemon was trademarked in 1995.

Since there are two anniversaries occurring in 2010, a game to promote the two would be ideal.

I doubt there'll be a third version of the HG SS games. Because those are REMAKES. JDKGHSDOGHLS; I can't wait for Gen V RSE though~

I doubt there'll be a third version of the HG SS games. Because those are REMAKES. JDKGHSDOGHLS; I can't wait for Gen V RSE though~

Yeah, because one time DEFINTELY indicates that we won't EVER get a third version of a remake. [/sarcasm]

Not to mention there wasn't even time for another game after Emerald.

I just realized that this year (it's coming in a few days, so I'm not using "next") will be the franchise's 15 anniversary. Technically, 2011 is the franchise's 15 anniversary, but I recall 2005 being celebrated as the 10th instead of 2006 (or were both years celebrated as the 10th anniversary?) since Pokemon was trademarked in 1995.
Actually, 2005 was not celebrated at all, and was devoid of a main series release (although XD certainly comes close). I don't think that 1995 is viewed as a hallmark by anyone.

I've been trying to find archives of one of the well-known forums dating back to 2004, so as to see what people's thoughts were on there being a third game to Ruby and Sapphire after Munchlax had been revealed. I distinctly remember engaging in a rather heated discussion of SSPf regarding the feasibility of seeing Emerald (which was a codename at the time) by the end of 2004. As it happened, CoroCoro purported the announcement of a main series game merely one month after Munchlax and the DS' unveiling, and so the consensus was that the then-new generation was imminent. Many fans rationalized that the need in a third game had been obviated by the presence of a new kind of games: remakes. Even when Emerald's logo and boxart were leaked, some people actually considered the possibility that it would be a brand new DS game that just happened to use Rayquaza as a mascot.

This really goes to show that nothing is taken for granted unless it happens in three consecutive generations, which is the only reason why Platinum was not met with similar skpeticism. Furthermore, whenever a generation looms closer, the majority of fans will be quick to part ways with the current games, but the same does not necessarily hold true for Game Freak. Most of the people who were against Emerald being released changed their minds and bought it.

Wait....emerald was taken as a DS release, with munchlax no less? Holy shit, thanks man, I needed that laugh.

Actually, 2005 was not celebrated at all, and was devoid of a main series release (although XD certainly comes close). I don't think that 1995 is viewed as a hallmark by anyone.

Really? I thought it was celebrated. Even if it wasn't, either this year or next year will be celebrated as the 15th anniversary, a game should at least be released on the same year as the 15th anniversary or at least prior to it.

Speaking of next year (2011), I don't think there's a chance of getting the 5th generation by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom