• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

I'm just gonna call Pokemon Crimson and leave it at that. The name is already trademarked by Game Freak anyways.

That's been my strongest suspicion, too.

But again, there's no way to tell until we actually see the whole list of legendaries for the game - and even then it might not be guessable.

That's been my strongest suspicion, too.

But again, there's no way to tell until we actually see the whole list of legendaries for the game - and even then it might not be guessable.

Especially if they pull the "Orgin Forme" trick by giving the legendary a form not in the coding for the first games. But we could still make a solid guess if we find a pokemon with a level-up moveset similar to that of the mascots of the first two games.

Especially if they pull the "Orgin Forme" trick by giving the legendary a form not in the coding for the first games. But we could still make a solid guess if we find a pokemon with a level-up moveset similar to that of the mascots of the first two games.

giratina was in diamond and pearl, but hidden in a cave, right? do you think there could be something like that in these games?

Last edited:
giratina was in diamond and pearl, but hidden in a cave, right? do you think there could be something like that in these games?

Well we could determine beforehand that Giratina was related to Dialga and Palkia due to the fact that it learned moves at levels similar to those of Dialga and Palkia. If we find a pokemon that fits this case, then we can probably assume it will be the mascot.

Well we could determine beforehand that Giratina was related to Dialga and Palkia due to the fact that it learned moves at levels similar to those of Dialga and Palkia. If we find a pokemon that fits this case, then we can probably assume it will be the mascot.

that makes sense. i wonder when we'll find this pokemon....

And still we were assuming that Darkrai or Cresselia could be the third version's mascot, and even when we said it could be Giratina, nobody thought of Platinum, but instead the name "Girasol" was flying around the forums, so maybe it'll take a bit more than that to determine the name of the third version.

^ Why Darkrai? It's an event Pokemon.

I don't know, but check the discussion pages in the BP articles for Gen IV and DP and you'll see Darkrai was considered by some to be it. But I'm derailing the thread now.

And how many times must I repeat that just because Gray follows the pattern that must be the name? Crystal and Platinum didn't follow the pattern of their original pairs.

And still we were assuming that Darkrai or Cresselia could be the third version's mascot, and even when we said it could be Giratina, nobody thought of Platinum, but instead the name "Girasol" was flying around the forums, so maybe it'll take a bit more than that to determine the name of the third version.

Yeah, Platinum's name must have been planned from the start, but it was pretty well-hidden behind another pun in Giratina's name. Hopefully, though, because the theme of the names seems to be simpler, we'll be able to make a better guess.

Unless they completely change up legendary archetypes in this game, in which case we may just have to wait for the announcement.

Hm. Pokemon Gray has a good chance of being it. Although Pokemon Domino or something trippy like that would be cool, it would just break the pattern.

I'm thinking Gray, though I wouldn't like it.
Brown is another one in my head.

And to go really loopy.
Clear/Colourless.

I also thought Clear. Color is also a viable name, although not quite as good. Maybe Prism?

If they do call it grey, I will personally slap every GF employee.

I know everybody's saying Gray and it seems to fit the theme, But I doubt Nintendo would give it such a boring name. Maybe they'll think of another shade of gray...maybe Slate? Also about the mascots, I highly doubt it'll be a gen. IV Pokemon. It'd obviously be a gen. V Pokemon.

Lesser time spent for thinking= more time to count earn money.

Slate, Chrome, Steel, and anything that is similar to Gray. I would go WTF if Nintendo actually names it gray version.

I'm guessing grey or a color similar to grey that just sounds snazzier like the aforementioned Slate,Chrome, and Steel. Out of those Chrome sounds the best to me at least.

I still think there is a possibility the third game could be called Crimson, because it's one of the names they have already trademarked and Black, White and Red (Crimson) are the color of a standard Pokeball so it would be sort of fitting. I dunno I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

How about Pokemon Asian?
No?
Pokemon Paradox sounds awesome xD
Pokemon Sepia or Gradient?
I would rather have Pokemon Gradient than Gray cuz gray is boring

I think it'll be Gray. If not, I'll eat my own wastes.

Back
Top Bottom