• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Third Version?

Yes, like Tsutarja said there are still many questions that remain unanswered.

As I said in the other thread. The translation is what it is. Ibe was either mistaken or lying. We don't know if there will be a third version, and if there will be one (which is likely), we still don't know if it will be for 3DS or not.

This. This is why I believe. It's too early, both for Nintendo/Game Freak and for us fans to talk abaout the third version.

Kinda sad that we've been discussing a third game since last year then XD

I believe we'll get one and I'm not going to stop believing until we're in Gen 6. It worked with HGSS and it'll work again. They're business. A third version will sell.

Now I believe more in RSE remakes for DS than a third game for Generation V.

Perhaps the "third version" will be a completely different game that tells the story of Kyurem. And maybe it takes place in the region the Shinto Ruins are in.

Or Mana Ibe is just uninformed...

I've heard that Melkor is going to interview Junichi Masuda. I hope that he'll have the sense to ask him to confirm Ibe's words.

I was indeed offered the opportunity to interview Mr. Masuda last Wednesday, but had to decline the offer (basically I have a job to attend, one that I cannot miss for a day to get on a plane to London).

Finally, one of the people who work for the magazine went to make the interview. What I did, though, was to propose several questions to be asked at the interview, as I am the most knowledgeable guy they know as regards Pokémon issues. One of these questions was indeed related to a potential third version. My wording was specifically this:

With the release of Pokémon Black and White, many fans are already guessing that a third version would be released under the name Pokémon Grey, with Kyurem on the boxart and for Nintendo 3DS, is anything of this accurate?

If and only if this other guy finally asked the question I don't know (I did not get back to him due to my hellish week on my real job). And even if he did so, Mr. Masuda most surely sticked to GF's marketing policies and probably either refused to answer anything as done by Mrs. Ibe with Meristation, or else answered something very vague and unconclusive (which is the kind of response I am expecting at the most).

This was one of many questions I proposed should be made to Mr. Masuda, some of them more BW-related and some more on speculations about the future of Pokémon (third version, Hoenn, social games, augmented reality within 3DS, rumours about new 3DS and Wii games, etc.). All of these questions have a big red cross saying "classified" on Mr. Masuda's good boy interviewee handbook, but I guessed someone should ask them just in case he slipped something out.

The magazine is coming out on 15 Feb. I should get back to them to see what happened and if Mr. Masuda said something interesting for once, but I would not get too excited.

If they didn't want to hurt sales by saying something about the third version that would make people wait for it, why didn't they say it will be a while before it is released?

I know this sounds stupid, but on the poster with all the Pokemon in this month's CoroCoro, Kyurem got a massive space, and its moves were even featured. I'm going to take this as a sign, and again say gray will come this year. I'm sure of it, even if that's pushing it.

If they didn't want to hurt sales by saying something about the third version that would make people wait for it, why didn't they say it will be a while before it is released?

Because that's still telling people "Yeah Black and White are out, BUT WE'VE AN EVEN BETTER ONE COMING OUT! HOW DO YOU FEEL WASTING 40 DOLLARS ONLY FOR A SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY GAME TO COME OUT NEXT YEAR?!" Again, if there was a Grey/Gray, they wouldn't say anything out it at all.

It could be true, but I just find it odd Nintendo has finally said "We have enough money, guys."

Unless nintendo decides to leave the formula for the games that's been working and raking in the $$$ since 2001, we'll probably see a 3rd version. We had crystal, we had emerald, we had platinum. For 3 generations we've had a 3rd version. Why would they stop now?

Unless nintendo decides to leave the formula for the games that's been working and raking in the $$$ since 2001, we'll probably see a 3rd version. We had crystal, we had emerald, we had platinum. For 3 generations we've had a 3rd version. Why would they stop now?

They also had Yellow version

The fact Kyurem doesn't currently have much of a story, in a similar way to Giratina and Rayquaza, does suggest a strong possibility of another Version. I don't really like the idea of Pokemon Grey (Gray) as it is has a laziness about it, but they might throw a curve-bal and call it something not as related to Black and White? Diamond and Pearl are precious Gems, where as Platinum is a precious metal, so it shows their doesn't have to be a complete link.

What version differences do you reckon there could be between Black/White and Grey(Gray)? I think Kyurem could have different forms and have some sort of superiority over Reshiram and Zekrom (similar too how Giratina stopped Dialga 'n' Palkia from breaking the Universe and the like)

I also like the idea of how Kyurem could have two forms; a Yin form where it is more like Zekrom and can use Freeze Bolt, and a Yang form where it is more like Reshiram and can use the attack Cold Flare.

I think Kyurem could have different forms and have some sort of superiority over Reshiram and Zekrom (similar too how Giratina stopped Dialga 'n' Palkia from breaking the Universe and the like)

I also like the idea of how Kyurem could have two forms; a Yin form where it is more like Zekrom and can use Freeze Bolt, and a Yang form where it is more like Reshiram and can use the attack Cold Flare.

This could work, but it seems that Nintendo would be taking Platinum's plot, painting it a different color, sticking it in a new box and calling it Grey. I dunno, it just seems a bit TOO similar.

Very true. I'd quite like Nintendo to go in a completely different direction. But so many people will more than likely definitely get the game, so they could probably afford to be lazy.

What twists do you reckon they could spring on us?

battleable Sages at the storyline and after?
NOW we are returning to what this thread is about!

This could work, but it seems that Nintendo would be taking Platinum's plot, painting it a different color, sticking it in a new box and calling it Grey. I dunno, it just seems a bit TOO similar.
It's not as if Platinum wasn't already a rehash of Emerald's plot if you look at it from the surface.

• A Legendary found in an area accessible, or open only post-game in the pair Versions, is revealed to be tied in with the Legendary Mascots.
  • Information of the 3rd member has been lost by the passage of time, or it's an assumption of an NPC at the face of crisis.
  • The 3rd member stops the cataclysm that initiates when the other two Legendaries' powers are unleashed at the same time.

Really, the only difference is that, while Rayquaza is both the 3rd member and the Master, Giratina is only the 3rd member, with Arceus as their Master. Then, the obvious differences due to how the plot of either game is set up.

If anything, since Black/White's plot isn't centered around a cataclysm caused by either Reshiram/Zekrom, we can expect a more "deep" plot involving a "gray" point of view in the whole Unova's Ruler deal, and a consolidation of which of the two parts agees with N or the player, as well as Kyurem being involved in all of it.

They also had Yellow version

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. :p Ok so throughout the ENTIRE history of the pokemon franchise, there have been 3 versions in every generation.

The fact Kyurem doesn't currently have much of a story, in a similar way to Giratina and Rayquaza, does suggest a strong possibility of another Version. I don't really like the idea of Pokemon Grey (Gray) as it is has a laziness about it, but they might throw a curve-bal and call it something not as related to Black and White? Diamond and Pearl are precious Gems, where as Platinum is a precious metal, so it shows their doesn't have to be a complete link.

Good point. One user on here claimed "Pokemon chrome version". Not sure who it was, but I think there's a chance they would do that.

This. I like this idea. You, my friend, should work for game freak.

I love this idea, much better than mine. :D

battleable Sages at the storyline and after?
NOW we are returning to what this thread is about!

That would definitely be cool. Any time more battles are introduced it's always a good thing. The battle cafe in Platinum was awesome, and everyone loves the frontier right?

At the very least I'd like to be able to re-battle the gym leaders, possibly with updated teams including Pokemon from the first four generations, or maybe a triple battle with Cilan, Chili, and Cress and a double battle with Iris and Drayden. The double battle with Volkner and Flint in Platinum was really cool and really underplayed. I hope they include something like that again, where you can face them over and over.

Also, remember the Trainer House in Viridian City? Hopefully they'll expand on that concept and let you battle trainers you meet through all the different connectivity features in B/W. Also hopefully you'll be able to face more than 1 person per day. HGSS had 10 I think? That seems reasonable.

That would definitely be cool. Any time more battles are introduced it's always a good thing. The battle cafe in Platinum was awesome, and everyone loves the frontier right?

At the very least I'd like to be able to re-battle the gym leaders, possibly with updated teams including Pokemon from the first four generations, or maybe a triple battle with Cilan, Chili, and Cress and a double battle with Iris and Drayden. The double battle with Volkner and Flint in Platinum was really cool and really underplayed. I hope they include something like that again, where you can face them over and over.

Also, remember the Trainer House in Viridian City? Hopefully they'll expand on that concept and let you battle trainers you meet through all the different connectivity features in B/W. Also hopefully you'll be able to face more than 1 person per day. HGSS had 10 I think? That seems reasonable.

i was thinking that, but with a twist, the GLs stay at a trainer's club place, and outside of this place is a guy, when you talk to that guy, you can set the battle style (S, D, T, R and Tag) and when you come in you will battle them in the battle style you chose before, and also, you can set a tag battle (either double battle, triple battle or rotational) by choosing any gym leaders and linking them, like:

i choose tag, then triple, then i link Cilan, Chili and Cress for a triple tag battle with the three, or i choose tag, roatational, and i link Iris and Drayden for a rotational battle with them both.

what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom