• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

True pokemon fan

Wow, my sister and I went to all sorts of extremes to prove who was the truest Pokemaniac (this was back when I was 9-10 ish).

Everytime we went hiking, we gathered up rocks and pretended they were pokeballs, then threw then at animals, plants, people, whatever we thought looked like a pokemon. (yeah, it was mean but sooo much fun)

We'd make pokemon RPGs using the trading cards, laying them out facedown and picking a starter, traversing the mazes of cards and catching pokemon by fighting them. The games got so epic we had scoresheets and stats and everything written down and the cards set up all over the carpet for days.

Oh, the nostalgia. I recall writing in my Pokemon journal: "I will always love pokemon, forever and ever." And here I am ten years later drawing pokemon fanart and playing Pokemon Diamond with my sister :3

lolI wrote in all the episodes from Pokemon, I Choose You to March of the Executor Squad in a journal. Every little detail, and my own feelings about it. Along with the progress I was making on my game.

The stupidest thing I've ever done to show I was a 'true Pokemon fan' (didn't know there were fake ones. . =/) Was pretend with my little brother and best friend that we were a certain Pokemon going about our daily Pokemonic lives. XD Now that I look back on it, we were stupid as hell!

Every anime convention I go to, I dress up as a Pokemon Breeder(Ruby and Sapphire male breeder sprite), but I also carry around a bucket full of pokemon plushies(like the later sprites) and an mp3 player to play the Pokemon 2BA Master soundtrack.

True Pokémon fan? You mean there are fake ones?

I bet there were plenty of 'fake fans' back in the fad stage in order to look 'cool'. Nowadays? Probably not so much.

Anyway, biggest/craziest thing I've ever done as a Pokemon fan? "Live Stage Performance of 'Pokémon Theme' dressed up as Ash Ketchum in front of the entire school"? Do I win? >_>

(... Yikes! That's getting close to being 10 years ago now! ... I feel old. D:)

When i was around 10, i would pretend to have Pokemon follow me all around the house and like i would release them from their poke balls, it was kinda fun but i only did it when no one was around. lol

Does trying to sound exactly like Croagunk count?

I also brought my gameboy to school and traded during a school assembly.

Spending endless hours on Pokémon forums and fansites, spending stupid amounts of money on it...

Eheh. To go along with the "cute little kid" stories, I used to draw some awful computer paper-sized Pokémon crayon drawings based on the Sugimori art, cut them out, and hang them up all over the closet walls of one room. They're still somewhere around here in a drawer. Also came up with two series of Pokémon picture books: some kind of weird, alternate reality version of the anime where all the characters and Pokémon looked completely different and there were loads of useless changes (Machamp Beetle Forme!) and one based off Gold and Silver (in which Bugsy was a girl because... well, look at him).

Oh, I feel a long list coming on!

-Even today, and I'm 13 years old, I pretend I'm a Pokemon master, and I pretend to have teams of real life Pokemon for each region!
-One of my old friends and I used to pretend to be Pokemon! She'd usually be Arcanine and I'd be Ninetales.
-I've grown attached to, and I love, my Pokemon within the games. Especally Blizzard, my Empoleon. <3
-Me and one of my friends dressed up as Team Rocket this past Halloween, and we even had my friends's white cat dressed up like Meowth! We ran all over the subdivision, yelling Team Rocket's motto at the top of our lungs.
-For school once, we had to write a 20-page essay on a topic of our choice. I wrote all 20 pages about why I thought Rotom should be a legendary!

When I was like 8 years old, my best friend and I would have sleepovers and play our Red and Blue versions for HOURS. Her mom would have to tell us to turn our Game Boys off and go play outside. Which wasn't a problem, because we'd just have pretend Pokemon games out there. But we were batshit crazy, so we'd mix Pokemon with Harry Potter, and pretend the Tellitubbies were evil (we used our "Tubbyblaster 3000"s and our Pokemon with help from Professor Dumbledore to rid the world of Tellitubbies).

We had over-active imaginations. ...actually we still do.

I used to go around with my sister around my house throwing the Burger King pokeballs at the keychain toys. Sadly my sister has grown to hate pokemon. I feel reel bad about but I am getting off subject.

drbboking8, his sister, me, and my brother used to pretend we were Team Rocket.
We did PMD stuff a few times, too.

One time, me and my brother pretended we were Kecleons.

I perfected my Jessiebelle voice and annoyed my family with it. XD

I show some elements of being a true fan such as defending Pokemon when others put it down and playing the games despite being alienated from the TV show and taking a break from playing the current ones during the AG era. There are others around me who were fake fans and just into it to make themselves look cool when it was in the whole fad stage but I did not get into it because of that.

I trolled the hell out of someone in the Armored Core Online chat room about a month ago by saying "Pokemon is so good". I wasn't looking for an argument when I said that, but he was like "No it's not" and then I proceeded to type circles around him because his arguments were dumb and faulty. No one was there to witness the conversation, but when I show the chat log to people, they laugh pretty hard. I'd post it here, but it's long and the guy was swearing at me waaaay too much.

I also got in a shouting match with a friend over whether Squirtle was a "Squirting turtle" or a "Squirrel turtle". I said it was a squirting turtle. The shouting match culminated in us standing up and kicking chairs over.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom