• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tsutarja, Pokabu, Mijumaru localized: The long wait is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snivy... Snake and Ivy... "Go Snivy!" I can just hear someone congested saying that name in a really annoying tone.

Perhaps, a snivelly tone? I suggested that name too.

One letter off from what? D: Or do I not want to know?

Replace the Y with a W and enjoy.

Indeed.

No more giant mecha-dragon known as the "Black Yang"? D8 What madness is this? Ah, well...

Black Yin, not Yang. Otherwise TPCi would really have a reason to not replace the Y with a W.

So basically, I'm being forced to use nicknames this generation because I really prefer the Japanese names over the English names :(

Oh well, Miju was gonna be the nickname I used anyway.

snivy is quite a good name in my opinion don't like Oshawot and tepig, meh, i'll get used to it
and Unova sounds better than ishuu so over all a good job in naming these

this is the first time i've followed a pokemon game from it's revelation to the english version so it's the first time i've known a pokemon as one name and suddenly have to call it by another (it's like renaming a pet) so i'll see how i do

Snivy: I like it. Nice and simple.
Tepig: I like it as well, but slightly wierder.
Oshawott: Bad name. Definitely not based on an obscure Canadian city.
Unova: Rubbish name. I will always call it Isshu.

Snivy sends my mind to snivel. Although people saw this one coming, yeah?

Tepig doesn't look quite right. Begging for a new meme in 'Teh Pig!!' aside, I think what's bothering me is it (and Snivy) being only five letters. *shrug*

Oshawatt, again begs for an 'Oshawoot!' meme. Certainly creative, but my mind keeps thinking of watts in terms of electricity.

Well, at least the region doesn't sound like a sneeze. But Unova just sends my mind to the gutter and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why. It must be the letter U; 'nova' is an awesome word. With a 'u' in front it sounds kinda dirty.

I'm sorry, but I honestly have to laugh at the concept of "I usually like the English names, but these suck!" Because people say that every. Single. Generation.

What's in a name? That which we call a Roselia by any other word would smell as sweet. So Oshawott would, were it not Oshawott called, retain that dear perfection which it owes without that title.

Well, at least the region doesn't sound like a sneeze. But Unova just sends my mind to the gutter and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why. It must be the letter U; 'nova' is an awesome word. With a 'u' in front it sounds kinda dirty.

UN = United States
OV = How you pronounce 'of'
A = America

Unova. Go figa.

^ No. It's based off New York, not the whole states.
If they wanted to be that over the top they should have just called it 'America'.

DO.NOT.WANT.

When I first saw the name Tepig, I keep pronouncing and thinking it Teh Pig or Tehpig. Oshawatt, weeeiiirrrdddd!!! I wanted Wotter.... Snivy, what a CRAP name for a pokemon. WHAT IN THE NAME OF ARCEUS GOT NINTENDO TO THINK OF UNOVA!!!! I'm calling them; Isshu, Pokabu, Mijumaru and Tsutarja!!! :boom::conangry::conangry:

I like them all actually. :)

Snivy reminds me of Snively from SATAM and Oshawott reminds me of Oshawa. XD

Here are my ratings, on a scale of 1 to 5:
Snivy: 4.5
Tepig: 3.5
Oshawott: 4
Unova: I'm still thinking on this one... probably like a 3.5? Or something?

DO.NOT.WANT.

When I first saw the name Tepig, I keep pronouncing and thinking it Teh Pig or Tehpig. Oshawatt, weeeiiirrrdddd!!! I wanted Wotter.... Snivy, what a CRAP name for a pokemon. WHAT IN THE NAME OF ARCEUS GOT NINTENDO TO THINK OF UNOVA!!!! I'm calling them; Isshu, Pokabu, Mijumaru and Tsutarja!!! :boom::conangry::conangry:

and the name complaints continue....
-.-

and the name complaints continue....
-.-

Do you think you're making it any better by saying that? Just let them complain, if you keep acknowledging it right now they'll never stop

I hate them too but I've stopped complaining at this point. Just let them be and let it out.

Most of the people who are complaining about these names are the same people who complained about the D/P names, and even the names in the generations before that, for those who are old enough. They then always, inevitably proceed to accept the English names and completely forget the Japanese names, and eventually complain to people like Dogasu for using the Japanese names because they're not used to them.

This fandom can be so illogical.

I love the names

Snivy is simple and sounds like a Pokemon's name, Tepig sounds cool and slightly chinese and Oshawott is similar to Mijimaru in that it sounds Japanese. Unova does sound like Almia and Oblivia, but I couldn't really care less what the region's called. It's better than Isshu anyway but Libertyville would've been better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom