• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Season '16 Mafia - 9/5/16 - ENDGAME: Everybody Was Elieson... before War Room Day (TOWN WIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work is over, here for the next few hours should you need me.

I dislike the fact that MCH has time to tell us about himself, and by this I mean no offence, but isnt contributing at all by saying these things.

HumanDawn, Elieson, Elementar are all strong town for me, all are putting well thought reasonings into the posts. I think HD's technique of day 1 is actually good, it puts the pressure on us not so active players, by giving a vote out, thus making it almost required to give a decent answer.

I agree with Sunsette on Mido, it is hard to get a clear read on her posts in truth.

ME is a weaker town read for me, same as HD however, they are putting suspicions on lesser playing players, thus again making them do something about it.

Lunaala: Eh, as I said before I think they were just overreacting, and in turn I do not think it was a scumslip.

V-V-V-Votals!! blame zexy if they're wrong

Lunaala II (Elieson, Doctor Floptopus)
Elieson II (Soulmaster, Molten Eevee)
jdthebud II (Midorikawa, HumanDawn)
Doctor Floptopus II (Lunaala, Sunsette)
jackatlasred I (Eye Gel)

Something like...20 hours, maybe? remain in Day 1.

Is it just me or does that seem like it could be a real role in a bastard game?

vote: player
unvote: player
vote: different player
*as much as needed

win

Been there, done that... Kinda.

Dear @Maniacal Engineer, you are Maniacal Engineer!
78329.jpg

I don't think we need an explanation here, do you?
You are wearing the atomic watch. The watch starts at 9. If the watch reaches 6, it will explode and kill you. If it reaches 12, it will explode and kill everyone except you. If it hits 11, you gain a single bulletproof ability. You have a number of abilities:
The Interrupting Knife - If anyone says the words "Maniacal" or "Engineer" in the game thread, you may interrupt them with a knife. This will kill them. However, you may not kill Maniacal Engineer himself. If they areLabour, the clock goes up two hours. If they are Conservative, the clock goes down an hour. If they are Liberal Democrat, the clock goes up three hours. If they are any other party, the clock goes down by two hours.
Maniacal Engineer's Trench Coat (3 uses) - You can wear your trench coat in order to inspect another player at night. Using this adds an hour to your watch.
Safety Glasses (2 uses) - you can use these to limit the visibility of those reading the next update. Using this removes 3 hours from your watch.
Suspicious Fedora (2 uses) - you can leave a suspicious fedora at someone's house at night and they will show up as negative to any inspections. Using this adds 5 hours to your watch.
You are allied with the Monster Raving Loony Party. You win if you are one of three or fewer living players.

Anyone that said either word in his name could be killed by his first ability. Since you needed to say his name to vote for him, you die if you vote for him.

Well we need a lynch, no lynch won't do us any good day 1 so here I go.
Vote: doctor floptupus
I don't know where I am going with this, but like I said, no lynch gets us nothing and I can't seem to find anyone worthwhile even after rereading the thread 5 times.

Hello everyone! Confirming I received my role PM. I'm subbing Slife. Coincidentally, I too happen to like Lelouch and use him as my avatar lol.

Wow you guys like to talk xD. I thought that since it's day 1 I wouldn't have any trouble keeping up, but reading 11 pages in a row sure is a pain.

Hi! Have you ever played Mafia before?
Yeah, I've been playing for about 6 months, but on a much more casual level, meaning that in pokecommunity, where I play, there is exactly zero chance of having 11 pages of posts in 24 hours. Not saying I dislike this, don't get me wrong. I've even found myself annoyed at times at the inactivity a thread might have from time to time.

This won't be a problem for now, but later on I feel like I'm gonna be handicapped since I haven't played any of these games and cannot speculate on other people's roles. But I'll try to find time and read as many of them as I can.

Ive had back to school prep for my little ones today so i apologize for my absense

Elementar ill be back with a response to you specifically later, but in short @everyone;

Scumhunting by analyzing choice of words used and motivation to post whatever you actually posted is what i base 90% of my standard d1 scumhunting on. People say things, but when you think about why, and look at specifically how things are phrased, you can identify genuine motivation vs faked motivation, and emotionally based posts vs emotionally overreactionary posts etc.

Self-reminder:analyze Sunsette and prod Eyegel, in addition to a rereview on lunaala, elementar and eevee

Wow you guys like to talk xD. I thought that since it's day 1 I wouldn't have any trouble keeping up, but reading 11 pages in a row sure is a pain.

Yeah, I've been playing for about 6 months, but on a much more casual level, meaning that in pokecommunity, where I play, there is exactly zero chance of having 11 pages of posts in 24 hours. Not saying I dislike this, don't get me wrong. I've even found myself annoyed at times at the inactivity a thread might have from time to time.

This is nothing, you should check out some other Mafia communities... some even go as far having 80 pages in one whole Day Phase, but those might be even longer than our Day Phases.

Cool, can't wait to hear your thoughts then.

Welcome @Alex Kaz! He's cool. By the way Alex, there's no editing except for formatting changes and the like. Double posting is allowed here though :D.

UNVOTE: MCH
VOTE: jdthbud

Because he's my stalker.

latest
:cry:

The time for joke voting has passed...not to mention I unvoted you. What gives?
but you said it KIND of was, dUN DUN DUN...

UNVOTE: jackatlasred
VOTE: jdthebud

I don't like this lack of posting at all, or more like, players having the time to post but not doing anything with it. I could point the same finger to Sunsette and Calvin (who seemed kind of proud about it??) too.
Okay that's a decent reason. I only had time to respond to direct interactions so far. Will be able to do more today.
@jdthebud your latest post is solely Midorikawa focused unvoting her with your paranoia vote. Is that all that needs to be said? What do you think of Soulmaster and Elementar's votes?
Soulmaster hasn't said much, and nothing since they voted for Elieson. The reasoning for the vote on Elieson seems genuine to me though. Elementar's vote was more of a pressure vote, and I'm leaning town on him now that he has unvoted, it seems to match his town behavior from recent games.
The thing that gets me about Elie is that he's been good and active and is laying out his reasoning well enough, but I'm having trouble connecting the dots. He wanted to see Lunaala's reaction, fair. He laid out the different angles that it could all be coming from, and I get them and they make sense, but I'm not really seeing why he and the other people on the bandwagon still have their sights on Lunaala for essentially not making a stellar defense after they suddenly accumulated a bandwagon. I'm going to go ahead and agree that Flop is the most suspicious person on the wagon right now, given what I said before about not needing a pressure vote when there were already three or four votes on Lunaala (very early on in the day phase, at that) and not providing too much to back it up after the fact. (And I do know Flop is busy irl and hoping to be subbed out, but that doesn't make the wonky vote look any less suspicious.)
I like this post and agree with most of your points. However, it seems like are you are assuming Lunaala is town. Why?
Mido looks like normal Mido now that she's able to post, so null read there. The wallposts don't clear her of course, but they make me a lot less nervous than a vote with no explanation.
What do you think of Mido's latest vote on me then?
Soulmaster's a little sketchy, might be some lowkey buddying and/or bussing going on between him/Elementar/Elie given the various back-and-forths. That's a dynamic I want to keep my eye on.

Vote: Doctor Floptopus
I don't think Soulmaster and Elieson are buddying at all, and he's made just one post since his vote on Elieson. I think he might be worth looking at right now. This is a pressure vote for now.
Vote: Soulmaster

Wow you guys like to talk xD. I thought that since it's day 1 I wouldn't have any trouble keeping up, but reading 11 pages in a row sure is a pain
We're a pretty social bunch, here. . But I do believe we had a game sometime in the last year with over double this game's day 1 posts in one day phase. I can't recall which though.

Mido is usually one of the first players to stop joke voting and get serious... Not sure whats going on there.

What are your reads on all the players, JD?

UNVOTE: jdthebud

whaaaaa you all sound so good...

VOTE: Soulmaster

He didn't make only one post but it seemed like his vote on Elieson was pretty half-hearted and unpersuasive. Elementar's reasoning had more effort to it and when questioned I could believe he thought Elieson was possibly Mafia, while with Soulmaster it seemed like there was a lack of aggresson. There was no push in their post, and I could see more scum motivation in maybe letting Lunaala be mislynched to get Town cred and make Elieson look worse.

Posting from my phone so sorry in advance if any of this gets garbled.

@jdthebud Mido's vote on you could be a joke or she could have her own reasons, or it could be a reaction test. Hard to narrow it down to any one thing at this stage. Re: the Elie/Soulmaster/Elementar thing I was thinking more along the lines of potentiql budding between Soulmaster and Elementar, and bussing between Elie and either one of the other two as a possibility. I think it's unlikely that all three of them are having this exchange as scum but it's not out of the question for one or two of them to be.

That's not much of a reason...
It is. I just phrased it in a joking way. His posts were all about me. That's why I voted him. He didn't make any posts that contributed anything except commenting on me.
Yes I try to post, tbh this is all annoying, but I keep my vote on Doctor for the moment, I do feel that since Elieson seems like a pro player that they are using their skill to put up a big case against what little I done whilst ignoring everything else. My top town reads are Molten Eevee and Elementar who seem genuine in their posts, I'm getting a town read from Human Dawn as he seems to be encouraging and his points kinda make sense. My two scumreads are Elieson and Doctor as the whole N0 seems out of the blue, but Doctor has been hardly posting and her original vote was the 5th on the bandwagon, which I don't like. I'll try to post more.
What do you think of the fact that Flop is subbing out?
I seriously don't think you guys understand my condtition.
it literally is impossible to make leaps and bounds of logic that mafia games require.
No one is asking that. We just want comments. Take it a post at a time. Here start by answering this: What do you think of the fact that Sunsette made a point to explain my vote to jdthebud?

Also @HumanDawn, I could be wrong but you seem to be changing targets quite often.
I've been doing the same thing yet you seem to not be disturbed by me doing it. Why?
Agreed. I have no idea why she bothered quoting the votes though.
That was more for myself. When I was originally reading through the thread I had thought more than one person had two votes on them. That's what I get for quick reading t work.

Eevee is a weaker town read for me,
Fixed :p
Hello everyone! Confirming I received my role PM. I'm subbing Slife. Coincidentally, I too happen to like Lelouch and use him as my avatar lol.

This won't be a problem for now, but later on I feel like I'm gonna be handicapped since I haven't played any of these games and cannot speculate on other people's roles. But I'll try to find time and read as many of them as I can.
Don't worry about role speculation. Heck a few of us haven't played most of them either. Honestly it'll be good to have the opinions of someone who doesn't know playstyles.
1) Who says it's a joke vote? The reasoning seems jokey but it's the same reasoning as Human. You have noncontributing posts, and the only thing you even talked about was me.
2) Why should you unvoting me give me reason to not vote you? You make it sound like we had some kind of candydrug deal going on.
Soulmaster hasn't said much, and nothing since they voted for Elieson. The reasoning for the vote on Elieson seems genuine to me though. Elementar's vote was more of a pressure vote, and I'm leaning town on him now that he has unvoted, it seems to match his town behavior from recent games.

This is a pressure vote for now.
Vote: Soulmaster
Soulmaster is a town read and you decided t pressure a townread..............................................why?
We're a pretty social bunch, here. . But I do believe we had a game sometime in the last year with over double this game's day 1 posts in one day phase. I can't recall which though.
The 100?
Mido is usually one of the first players to stop joke voting and get serious... Not sure whats going on there.
Again who said it was a joke vote?
UNVOTE: jdthebud

whaaaaa you all sound so good...

VOTE: Soulmaster

He didn't make only one post but it seemed like his vote on Elieson was pretty half-hearted and unpersuasive. Elementar's reasoning had more effort to it and when questioned I could believe he thought Elieson was possibly Mafia, while with Soulmaster it seemed like there was a lack of aggresson. There was no push in their post, and I could see more scum motivation in maybe letting Lunaala be mislynched to get Town cred and make Elieson look worse.

What do you think of the fact that jd's vote on SM is just for pressure despite SM being a town read?

@Sunsette Why do you feel the need to mention that stuff to jd specifically?

@Midorikawa I'm posting from my phone and having trouble quoting individual things to respond to so I figured it would be easier to @ people.

geez I keep getting ninja'd.

Mido, I asked Sunsette directly about "that stuff", not sure how you missed that part.

Anyway, I never said Soulmaster was a town read, though I can see why you would think that since I kind of lumped him in with Elementar. Bad wording on my part. I wanted to pressure him because while the reasoning for the vote seemed to be genuine at the time, there has been lots more content since then and he hasn't said anything about it.

As for the reasoning behind your vote on me, I thought that might have been the case after HD said the same thing, but it was still a strange looking post.

What do you think about the current leading vote-getter, Dr. Flop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom