• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia U-Choose Mafia II [ENDGAME]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk. Might be reading all of the thread in one sitting to catch up but your presence didn't feel as strong as it usually does
I kinda arrived a bit late for the Tood convo because I wasn't getting notifs so I only entered after Tood was modkilled and people were trying to remove the RVS votes lol

I think Zinn mentioned earlier that the thread seemed a bit dead and i kinda agree with them but I feel like I been contributing a decent amount? :confused:

maybe not too proactive might be the reason why

What the hell is the Skooma?
:lapras:

A bowl of what. :lapras:

Jamie, this is a family friendly game!
M'aiq feels so innocent for not noticing this originally XD

I kinda arrived a bit late for the Tood convo because I wasn't getting notifs so I only entered after Tood was modkilled and people were trying to remove the RVS votes lol

I think Zinn mentioned earlier that the thread seemed a bit dead and i kinda agree with them but I feel like I been contributing a decent amount? :confused:

maybe not too proactive might be the reason why

It's harder to tell presence when you catch up all at once, so like I said I may be a bit off there. Also I think that I thought this game started longer ago than it did. Lmao.

M'aiq feels so innocent for not noticing this originally XD

I want some of what you're selling.

I want some of what you're selling.
Khajiit-has-wares.jpg

Feel like this is a bit harsh.
I did panic Claire may out a good town power role because of Dawning joke vote.
Don't remember exactly why I quoted this? Think it was because I felt it was good Zexy also claimed his item right away.
Why wouldn't I? The item did nothing for me, I thought it would be a Bulletproof to the correct person since it was a suit, so ideally I wanted it passed ASAP.
ZD has two roleblockers a lot. Usually one town/one scum. So not unlikely that there are ever two in a game
Learnt that the hard way.

First an Austin Powers reference and then a post about not liking policy lynches. Zexy is a man after my heart in this game.
It is actually a ME (Maniacal Engineer) reference, from old TWR joke stuff, but yeah the original idea was from there I guess.
This post had me dying laughing. Didn't understand what it meant for a while.
The forbidden word, you shall not speak it.
Claire is town from this post alone. I'll die on this hill.
Leaning town too. If this is her first scum game it is a good one.

Sorry I will not stay around for the joke stuff, I have something else more important to do.

However, for now, I will try this, since the Minish/Jamie wagons did not pick up (probably for the better), and considering Dawning kinda toned down her game after the early part and the sheeping of Raven reasoning for Jamie is slightly flimsy and even Minish agrees too, wynaut?

VOTE: DawningWinds

Please try a bit more.

the posts are all out of order :bulbaFacepalm:
Toast having played only 2 games, neither of which being town makes me want to give him the benefit of the doubt on not talking either.
yeah, the only time I actually survived longer than like 2 days was my first game. also, that was in 2019, and i don't really remember how i even strategized winning.
Toast is 1) a he 2) kinda sneaky and 3) not even claiming busy or something, just outright using his right to remain silent as if he is arrested in a Hollywood movie, waiting for his lawyer, to avoid having to plea guilty :)
1) what 2) how so? 3) i was busy so I wasn't really able to reply to any of the messages. i was reading them but didnt have enough free time to gather my thoughts.
Please don't edit things into posts like this in Mafia, make a new post instead.
However. NAI RVS stands for: Not Alignment Indicative Random Voting Stage.
sorry, I'll try to keep that in mind
It has similarities though??? Like math and physics???
I meant more like how it gives an overall grasp on their current capabilities if that makes sense
survivor just feels way different than mafia to me. in that game, it's more of eliminating the biggest threat to your own competition. the way to get far is to lay low and make the right allies. here, there's teams. and apparently, laying low is a very very bad choice
Bit of a scummy post. I get that toast hasn't played very many games, but even playing a couple he should realize that not wanting to say something for fear of looking scummy doesn't really help town.
like i said, the last game i played was over 3 years ago. i feel like this is my first game again. it kinda seems like you guys are just overestimating my knowledge of how to play.

anyway, I'm reading claire as town for now. she just seems to be trying her best to understand what's going on. if she turns out to be scum, then DAMN she's good at it

1) what 2) how so? 3) i was busy so I wasn't really able to reply to any of the messages. i was reading them but didnt have enough free time to gather my thoughts.
1) ok he/them 2) Survivor 3) fair enough I guess, glad you are now trying
here, there's teams. and apparently, laying low is a very very bad choice
It is the easy option, and the one most inexperienced scum take :(
like i said, the last game i played was over 3 years ago. i feel like this is my first game again. it kinda seems like you guys are just overestimating my knowledge of how to play.

anyway, I'm reading claire as town for now. she just seems to be trying her best to understand what's going on. if she turns out to be scum, then DAMN she's good at it
Oh really? Thought it was much earlier... Yeah the difference of 3 years can be a lot, source trust me bro I have been away from the game for 5

Fair enough read, but still kind of the easiest one can make, in not an exactly good way...

Could you please give us some more insight on other players? What do you think of the people who have voted for you over the day, as well as Jamie/Minish/Dawning who have all been potential counter wagons?

2) Survivor
alr fair
Fair enough read, but still kind of the easiest one can make, in not an exactly good way...
well judging by the few posts she has, I don't really think she has any particular tells that shes scum yet. maybe that's just me giving her the benefit of the doubt since she's new
Could you please give us some more insight on other players? What do you think of the people who have voted for you over the day, as well as Jamie/Minish/Dawning who have all been potential counter wagons?
i mean, i guess it's fair that they voted me (especially zinn's reason) but again i think most people are just kinda overestimating me.
minish seems to just be busy, and while I don't know much about dw and jamie's meta, it does kinda feel like dawning's holding back

well judging by the few posts she has, I don't really think she has any particular tells that shes scum yet. maybe that's just me giving her the benefit of the doubt since she's new
I did not say I disagree, just that this is an easy read for scum to make to look less scum
i mean, i guess it's fair that they voted me (especially zinn's reason) but again i think most people are just kinda overestimating me.
minish seems to just be busy, and while I don't know much about dw and jamie's meta, it does kinda feel like dawning's holding back
Fair enough, had I known the game they are talking about was so long ago I would not have cared much about it

Agreed on Minish. Fair enough on Dawning. Why not vote Dawning? Or anyone for the matter? It would be better for you to commit somewhere...

Not a good post from DW. Feel like they would know that the items thing like that should be NAI. Again, feels like an easy push to get some kinda mislynch.
Yeah fair. I fully admit I was being stupid on the items thing, I have no defense against that.

However, for now, I will try this, since the Minish/Jamie wagons did not pick up (probably for the better), and considering Dawning kinda toned down her game after the early part and the sheeping of Raven reasoning for Jamie is slightly flimsy and even Minish agrees too, wynaut?

VOTE: DawningWinds
Honestly, I don't really think my game has been all that aggressive so far in general? Sometimes I just don't end up playing aggressive off the bat, which is something I don't consider really AI for me. I've spent entire or near-entire first Days tunneling people based on almost nothing as both town and scum, but that doesn't mean I'm always going to do that. I haven't really sat down and collected my thoughts yet this game yet is all.

I would appreciate if you were to do that at some point in this phase. My vote is staying just a little bit longer.

I would appreciate if you were to do that at some point in this phase. My vote is staying just a little bit longer.
Yeah, I will. I usually like to do that sort of thing in the middle of the night when the thread is pretty quiet and my brain is usually the most active, but I was too tired last night-- probably gonna do it in a few hours instead.

TOWN
Minish - Town af based on her couple posts. Catch-up post was very good, solid points all around. Only take I don't exactly like is my Zinn/Ex townread post being scum CWAC but that's mainly probably just self-bias, because, yeah, it was kinda easy but it was also based on what was available at the time.

JamieIsBored - Just noticed they claimed a self-resolving role lol why did nobody point this out when I was being an idiot. Not necessarily a hard-town but definitely a don't want to lynch today.

Claire386 - Defo newbie who doesn't quite grasp what to do in early phases but trying. Probably newb town on that.

ZinnLav - Townlean. I disagree with them that character claims being an issue outing roles is a major concern but I do think it's a townie concern.

ExLight - Mild town lean. Still stand by my "first person to try and vote for real" tends to lean town assessment, and I also feel like scum Ex maybe doesn't argue that I shouldn't be tr'ing him there.

Zexy - I'm just gonna say probably town here because that's been my kneejerk feel to the majority of his posts and I don't feel like going back over his 76 posts rn. Below Ex because of that laziness.

toastghost - Kinda scum leaning. People are setting kinda unrealistic expectations on them based on Survivor and I don't want to feed into that. But it doesn't feel like they're really trying? Like. There's not really been a post of his that felt like it was trying to contribute. And while I think bandwagoning newbtown isn't something unheard of it still didn't sit right with me.

Raven - Wow I do not like this slot one bit. The response to Jamie saying he's going to be experimenting with his play a bit, while not as upsetting as it could be, does bug me. And actually the ZinnLav case is pretty shit as well and a clear distortion of Zinn's point. toast pressure is the main decent thing of his but eh. and makes me slightly hesitant to think they're buddies. Which means I need to reassess my towns for sure because there's most likely a scum in there (which was probably already the case because I've found a surprising portion of this game towny) but that can wait.
SCUM

Vote RavenRaziel98

Raven - Wow I do not like this slot one bit. The response to Jamie saying he's going to be experimenting with his play a bit, while not as upsetting as it could be, does bug me.
I'm also the one who shut Jamie down from spilling more info about his role and advertised letting him live for now.

And actually the ZinnLav case is pretty shit as well and a clear distortion of Zinn's point.
I can accept that, my actual point was weak indeed.
Still disagreeing on him calling Jamie out for role fishing though.
Yes, Jamie associated it with a town TI, but that might only have happened because of the discussion of the gizmo suit being a potential BP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom