• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

United States Politics

Seems like despite the best efforts to spin it otherwise, Trump has lost this debate as well. Really nasty debate though.

Tonight's debate was painful to sit through. I had to stop watching about 20 minutes in because Trump's lying and ugly behavior was just too much to bear. I found his remarks about Bill Clinton to be utterly tasteless (and last I checked, Bill isn't running for president). However, what really had me fuming was his remarks about wanting to arrest Clinton for something she was found innocent of. That is bottom of the barrel atrocrious! We do NOT arrest political opponents in the US. That is undemocratic and goes completely against the constitution. That's something a dictator does, not the president of the US. I also HATE how he keeps referring to African Americans and Latinos as "the African Americans" or "the Latinos," as if they are a different group of people not worthy of being seen as Americans. I don't know. That's one of his many, MANY speech "quirks" and it just sounds wrong to my ears. There is so much I can pick apart from the little amount I did see, and I only stayed for about 30 minutes!

I am glad the American people were able to see through his performance. Clinton won for her substance and policy, which is what matters. Trump only won to some people because his performance wasn't as bad as what was in the first debate, which is an incredibly low bar to set.

Like last time, nobody won, it was another draw, and the media continually says that Hillary won both debates, but that's mainly because of how overly liberal and one-sided most of the American media is anymore, since at this point the media is probably paid by Hillary's supporters in the same way EA pays IGN to give their games good reviews. This is especially true since I believe that the recent video was only released in order to sabotage Trump's already problematic campaign, which is a form of yellow journalism, especially since anyone will believe what the media says about the candidates, showing that the system is anymore rigged.

What really annoys me about the whole Trump video is that the media decides that it's the real story, rather than the recent leak of evidence that Hillary committed perjury in front of congress among other things, something which is almost just as bad as the Watergate scandal. Both candidates are problematic, but the media always makes out one to be worse than the other

My main problem with this election is that it's not even about the people deciding who they want to vote, but the two parties themselves deciding who they want rather than who the people want, since the candidates people wanted such as Marco Rubio and Bernie Sanders have all dropped out, and what remains are the two most controversial candidates possible, both equally problematic and corrupt, and neither I believe are qualified for the presidency.

Last edited:
Emailgate worse than watergate?

Nature of the principal act:
Emailgate: Sending emails via an unprotected email server, which may or may not (most competent lawyers say "not") fall under the definition of negligent handling in the espionage act.
Watergate: Breaking and entering (definitely a crime) for the purpose of illegal wiretapping (also definitely a crime)

Aim of the Act:
Emailgate : Allegedly to hide different emails from repeated probes by dirt-diggers. Subversion of democratic oversight.
Watergate: To spy, sabotage and undermine the riva party. Direct and totalitarian subversion of the core democratic process.

Nature of the coverup
Emailgate : Alleged perjury over some of the details. Destruction of certain email.
Watergate : Ordered CIA, FBI and AG to cover-up the crime. When that failed, directly lied to congress.

Calling emailgate worse than watergate pretty much requires a failure to grasp what watergate was.

I can't believe it hasn't even been a month yet. It feels like an eternity ago.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I am not nervous. I am not nervous. I am not...Oh, who am I kidding? I'm freaking TF out right now.

Alright, I'll come out and ask: just how many women have come forward and accused Donald Trump of assaulting and harassing them, now? What a pig!

None of the sexual assault scandals surprise me. None of them. Trump was ALWAYS like this. I hope these brave ladies are not attacked for their coming forward. It's never easy, especially in regards to this.

I am ready for this election season to be over. I really hate this election year. This is one of the ugliest things I have ever had to witness and I hope I never in my life see something this awful again. My mom, born in '56, told me that out of all the presidential elections she has lived through, this one is without a doubt the worst. I believe that.

Don't get complacent with good polls. The only polls that matter are the ones you go out and fill a ballot. Remember to vote.

Early voting starts about... next week-ish for me, so I'll be there then. Granted, there's not much of a chance of Hillary being voted for here (I'm in Texas), but Texas politics is so disgustingly toxic that I'm hoping to get both our state congress and the seats Texas has for national congress shaken up.

The last Presidential Debate is tonight at 6 pm Pacific Time. Expect this one to be the ugliest one by far.

Well. The debate was nasty, but in a different fashion than I thought it'd be. It was less of a debate and more of a burial for Trump's campaign. He was noticeably agitated at times and allowed Clinton to keep pushing his buttons. The highlight of tonight seems to be his inability to say whether he would accept the results of this election or not. (Although there were plenty of other gaffes.)

@Sarlet Sky

Yeah, at this point I'm wondering if Trump is even trying anymore.

I didn't watch the debate tonight because I watched the first two and I've seen enough. Reading the news sites, it seems now Trump is refusing to concede should he lose since, to him, the whole thing is "rigged" against him. I cannot emphasize how DANGEROUS that is. For over 200 years, the loser always concedes to the winner who receives the most electoral votes. The system is set in a way that electoral votes are not tallied by how popular a candidate is nationally, but through the electoral college. That's how the presidents are chosen in this country thanks to the 12th Amendment. I doubt he'll win the popular or the electoral votes, but the fact that Trump is putting his ego over the peaceful process of concession is really terrifying. His devoted followers are already questioning the process and threatening a "revolution."

Now those killer clowns are also running for office.
These pranks have gone too far.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom