• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Upgrade to Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old computer exploded in the beginning of the month so I got a brand new computer which came with Windows 7 Ultimate installed (our computer technician is awesome). It's like a shiny, speedy version of XP. I heartily approve and recommend upgrades for everyone.

I've been running the RTM for the past few months, and will switch to a legit copy of Windows 7 Ultimate tomorrow once my MSDNAA access is confirmed. Yeah, I'm a cheapskate. ;o

Well, Windows 7 sure seems like its gonna be good for me. Nonetheless, I still have to test it out.

I think the only true thing I hate about Windows 7 is that they no longer include Windows Movie Maker. Well, atleast I can just use XP's and Vista's on it.

Yeah, just get Vistas movie maker. Personally I find movier makers bland and not enough features for what I want and it cant even edit quicktime .mov files either or even MP4, but its good generally for people who just want to make simple videos

Well, I will get it when my RC runs out. It's practically the same as the final.

Yeah, just get Vistas movie maker. Personally I find movier makers bland and not enough features for what I want and it cant even edit quicktime .mov files either or even MP4, but its good generally for people who just want to make simple videos

You can do quite alot actually. I used to make pretty good AMVs with it all the time. I stopped though cuz YT kept on removing my videos due to copyright stuff. But if you really wanna see just watch one of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTxuvEWSXeE

Also, sorry if its a bit offtopic.

I recommend that before you make a decision you should first read this review

Haha yeah as soon as I saw this thread title I thought - "He needs to see this." But you've gotta admit, some pretty amazing features

*snickers* nice one.

Am now officially on a legit, purchased (student email fuck yeah!) copy of 7. Busily cleaning up my computer of various RCs and other generally useless remnants.

I upgraded to 7. It works great, but 2 things:
1. All my steam games in the games explorer with no box art now show the steam icon.
2. Windows movie maker is removed when upgrading, back up the C:\Program Files\ Movie Maker folder when upgrading to 7.

Windows 7 takes up 15 GB (THAT'S MORE THAN MY "SHARED" DRIVE BETWEEN LINUX AND XP). I'll upgrade when I: A) get a new computer or B) find out they have a netbook edition.

I'm so upgrading to windows 7!!!! My laptop is beyond windows 7 ready!!! I'm completely looking forward to it. I ordered it in july, I'm going to get it next week (ships to hawaii a lot slower). I'm going to be so happy when I get it. I dont want to deal with vista anymore and the aero snap is so awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom