• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia USM Ubers Mafia endgame (Town and Genesect victory)

Because I often pull insane stunts or take risks that result in my death.

Also, because I have no idea how to play this role PM, my first five plans are prohibited in some way by game rules, and I'm pretty certain I would get modkilled out of spite for Plans Six through Twenty-Three.

So, uh, I might be forced to play this one straight for once.

Did you discover this problem just now, or when you initially signed up this very Mafia game?

It's nice to be back around Bulbagarden gang. I remember a few names from my one previous venture here, and numerous others are new to me. I'm pleased that a few of us Syndicateers have the opportunity to play here with y'all this time around. It's a nice community.

@JaggedJimmyJay You can quote multiple posts in one post by using the +Quote button on each post and then using the insert quotes button below the post box.

I appreciate you letting me know! I don't really think that's the best way to attack this game thread though. At least for the time being I will decline the multi-quotes.

Oh my god you suck. Bad.

:D

What does my entry into this game suggest to you about my motives? Do you think that I have engaged the thread in such a way that it will discourage the conversation from pointing to me?

Very bad.

I'll expand on my rationale for the good ol' multi-quote. It's a handy convenience for large-scale reviews. I think it's a hindrance for live conversation. I don't want to have to chop up multi-quotes to which I am replying, and I won't ask it of others either with my own posts.

I appreciate you letting me know! I don't really think that's the best way to attack this game thread though. At least for the time being I will decline the multi-quotes.
Okay, I know it's night 0 and all, but I would vote you for that post... Spamming us with a lot of posts when you could just use one is going to get annoying!

Okay, I know it's night 0 and all, but I would vote you for that post... Spamming us with a lot of posts when you could just use one is going to get annoying!

Rest assured I am definitely annoying. Your vote threat implies suspicion. Tell me what I'm doing as you see it.

:D

What does my entry into this game suggest to you about my motives? Do you think that I have engaged the thread in such a way that it will discourage the conversation from pointing to me?
Tbh I'm not judging you yet. I'm more using your own style to show you're making initial judgements on nothing before day one even starts.

I'll expand on my rationale for the good ol' multi-quote. It's a handy convenience for large-scale reviews. I think it's a hindrance for live conversation. I don't want to have to chop up multi-quotes to which I am replying, and I won't ask it of others either with my own posts.
As the Good Eev spake, this is annoying. It's barely a live conversation; it's more you talking and waiting for others to reply. Since you need to wait a minute between posts, why not takw the time to not annoy those of us with mobile notifications turned on.
Also votes don't have to be for suspicion. Anti-town and anti-game actions can be equally qualifiable reasons for votes on day one.

Tbh I'm not judging you yet. I'm more using your own style to show you're making initial judgements on nothing before day one even starts.

There is no time to waste. I have found mafia members quite quickly in my day with little other than their first posts to inspire an initial gut read. Certainly the thread will grow and we'll see where it goes. There is nothing to gain from a slow start. So I won't start slow.

As the Good Eev spake, this is annoying. It's barely a live conversation; it's more you talking and waiting for others to reply. Since you need to wait a minute between posts, why not takw the time to not annoy those of us with mobile notifications turned on.
Also votes don't have to be for suspicion. Anti-town and anti-game actions can be equally qualifiable reasons for votes on day one.

There are clear advantages to what I am doing. You are actively trying to stifle me, which has clear disadvantages. That's no bueno.

I recognize that I might be annoying. Sometimes the most productive townies are the most annoying townies.

I'm not clear on what you mean in the bolded portion there. It'd strike me as a complacent strategy to vote for a town read based on vague "anti-town actions".

There is no time to waste. I have found mafia members quite quickly in my day with little other than their first posts to inspire an initial gut read. Certainly the thread will grow and we'll see where it goes. There is nothing to gain from a slow start. So I won't start slow.
There's literally three people here right now. Maybe two if AE isn't reading atm.
Plus, it doesn't take too much longer to read and react to multiple posts at once. Your first reaftion post may be 1-2 minutes later than expected, and your last one won't be any later.
What's to be gained from moving too fast right now?
Besides, day one reads are fallible af. Day 0 is worse, becayse most people aren't even playing the game yet

There are clear advantages to what I am doing. You are actively trying to stifle me, which has clear disadvantages. That's no bueno.
I am not seeing your advantages. And I'm sure plenty of other players here would agree. Just ask around.

I recognize that I might be annoying. Sometimes the most productive townies are the most annoying townies.
Sometimes yes. But not always. Later on, I can see your agressive attitude being helpful (providing your town), but it's Day 0. Chill out some.

I'm not clear on what you mean in the bolded portion there. It'd strike me as a complacent strategy to vote for a town read based on vague "anti-town actions".
Even if someone is conftown, if they're annoying people too much and making people not want to post or read or get notifications, that can be anti-town without being scummy.

We vig shotted Erish N1 in Danganronpa for being annoying. Would've lynched them day 1 if they hadn't asked for it.

Back
Top Bottom