• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

WB to shut down, new network in its place

There's no official list yet--outside of the CBS and Tribune-owned stations, no list exists. I'm just going on what is known.

In Springfield, it's a tough call. KWBM-31 is, as you said, run by Equity. They have a full-powered signal, but it's a rimshot from a tower down toward the Arkansas border. K15CZ is actually IN Springfield, but is a low-powered station that's rebroadcast on KYTV's digital subchannel.

If I had to make a call, based on the information at hand, I'd go with K15CZ, just because I like Schurz more than Equity. :p (Schurz owns my local CBS station, WDBJ-7 in Roanoke, and they are an excellent station--EDIT: And to top it off, this is my 777th post!)

I think in the long run, it depends on what Equity does in some of its other markets. There are some places where they own UPN stations (WBIF-51 Marianna/Panama City, FL, KTVC-36 Roseland, OR, WGMU-CA 39 in Burlington, VT), or WB stations (KWBM-31 Harrison/Springfield, KWFT-34 Eureka Springs/Fayetteville, AR, KWBF-42 Little Rock). In Little Rock, KASN-38 and Clear Channel probably want the CW affiliation, and if it winds up there, Equity might do what they did with Pax and dump it off all their stations (one of their station, KQUP-24 Pullman/Spokane, WA just dropped UPN this month, now that I think about it). But then the CW is without affiliates in all those other markets as far as I know, except for Springfield.

I think it's too early to tell. If nothing else, you can rest assured that either way, you'll have The CW in your market.

- Trip

Trip said:
I only listed the Top 60 markets. So in Charleston, WV (which is number 64 or something), it will probably appear on WHCP-30, since there is no UPN station there. Of course, if you're watching with an antenna, WHCP is on a repeater on channel 45, WBWV-LP or something like that.

- Trip
Oh, okay.

Yeah, WHCP-30, that's my WB (and lol, that's cool, I didn't know about that other channel, cause we don't have an antenna). ^^

Anyway, that's great!!

And thanks for finding that out for me, Trip!!!! ^_^

No problem; it's what I do. I've got most of the TV stations in the United States dedicated to memory--I didn't use any references to come up with any of the information in my posts.

If anyone else would like information about their respective station, let me know.

- Trip

Swifty said:
Fat chance this'll really change much in terms of the anime under the guises of "Kid's CW." I doubt CBS is going to touch WB's children's programming department since CBS doesn't have much of their own children's programming department themselves.

Well, they do, actually, but it's a lot of Nick Jr. stuff, like Miss Spider and that crap Lazytown show. Hardly the demographic they'd be going for.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom