• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Welcome to Eterna!

Zhen Lin

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
Welcome to eterna.bulbagarden.net, Bulbagarden's new server for the next sixth months. Over the course of the next six months, we will monitor how this server copes with traffic, and will decide again on the issue of hardware in December/January.

Special thanks in particular to our [bp=Bulbapedia:Benefactors]benefactors[/bp] who have donated an awe-inspiring total of over $1000.

Wow, this is pretty cool! Here's hoping it works out well!

Um...is it suppose to look different?

It's faster...but from the responses it seems like everyone is seeing something amazing.

Yes.

They're seeing the Bulbagarden forum, as opposed to a "Server busy" message.

That's definitely awesome.

I'm not sure why, but every once in a while when I'm trying to go to a BMG (or UPN) page, a blank page with a few symbols at the top will appear. Refreshing the page will correct it, but I just figured I'd post here just in case, since it didn't happen before the server move and now it does.

It seems that people's avatars are missing as well, though I'm not sure if it's from the new server.

Well, I'm not sure if it's a problem with the server or not, but I don't see Habunake's or S M's avatars. A few others seem to be missing as well.

Just in this thread, as I'm seeing it, the avatars for Bell02something, Paperfairy, Habunake, S M and Chosen of Mana are missing, replaced with a box with a red X. It may have something to do with the browser. I'm using IE 6.0. Also, I got that blank screen with something that looked Japanese at the top. Refreshing took care of that.

That's probably a cache issue then. Should go away after about a week at most, once your computer has updated the paths for everything.

EDIT: Quick fix someone else suggested. When you've got an avatar that doesn't show at all, right click it, and choose "view image". If it doesn't load the image there, then refresh that and it should load from then on. And if it doesn't...then wait a few days, just to make sure it's not a DNS thing, then try again. If it *still* doesn't work....we might have a config problem somewhere.

Last edited:
Nope, clearing my cache didn't work. If anything, I lost more avatars. I just got a blank page with lÐIEND®B`‚ÿÿó®~³€7 at the top.

EDIT: I just got another blank page with Œá+IEND®B`‚ÿÿ3G'zÈ at the top.

EDIT: Some avatars like Kasumi's just plain disappear with no indication there ever was one. No red X, no nothing.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom