• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your rarest cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think Ho-Oh EX is rare.

In my latest Unleashed packs, I got holo Shaymin and the bottom half of Raikou and Suicune LEGEND to add to my collection of rare cards!

Probably my Shining Gyarados from the Neo Revelation set. It was actually one of the last cards I got before I stopped collecting them in 2002, and given that the odds of finding one were about 300 to 1, I'd say I ended on an extremely lucky note.

I have my holo metagross from the unleashed and the top hal of Raikou Suicoune Legend

I don't really collect the cards anymore, but I have a few Ex's. Typhlosion EX, Muk EX, Aerodactyl EX, Wailord EX, and several others. I also have a 1st Edition holo Machamp from the good ol' days, but I don't think people consider that "rare". Um, I have a Light Dewgong, not sure how rare that is, and a really beast Dark Charizard. I have a holo and non holo Dark Arbok. Lots of legendary cards, oh yeah I forgot Kyogre and Groudon EX. Meh I guess that's all.

Charizard EX. Oooohhhhhh yeah. Plus a bunch of japanese primes/full legends from Clash at the summit/Unleashed... but still. Charizard EX plus Venusaur EX plus Blastoise EX. Muahahahahahaaaaaa ;P

The rarest card I have? I bought ONE Neo 4 Japanese pack once and pulled a Shining Kabutops. Too bad it somehow got marked, but it's still beautiful and my favorite card. :eek:

Probably my Lugia EX I pulled from a booster. I know its worth less than it used to be but still, best pull ive ever had.

Well, I've got a bit of a story involving my two rarest cards, which were both obtained within the same week. About five years ago, my siblings, cousins, their parents, and I were going on a vacation for about a week.

On the first day of driving, we stopped in a small-town collectibles shop which we knew sold Pokemon cards (Which ALL of us collected). It so happened that the only two expansions they were selling were Neo Destiny and Base 2, both in limited numbers, only enough for each of us to buy 2 packs then and 1 on the return trip.

Now, my cousins and I knew that Neo Destiny could contain the ultimate 'shining' cards, which we all desperately wanted. Only my cousin had seen a shining card before, a Charizard that he owned but lost in a rip-off trade, and he hoped he could get another one. Anyways, We left 1 Neo Destiny pack for some lucky one of us to get on the return trip; the rest we bought on the spot. I slowly opened the packaging, sifted through the cards, and... Shining Mewtwo! Man, I was extatic! My cousins were all jealous that I had gotted it, and amazed at the odds that somebody would get any shining card. For our whole trip we admired it, and hoped that we would be the one to buy the last Destiny pack.

It turned out that I lucked out by winning a 'short strsw' game, and had the privelige of first choice of packs on our return. The whole thing was a blur; I bought it, opened it, and... Shining Charizard. My cousin basically threw a fit, and offered me anything he could thing of (including his game boy) for it. He just wanted one. I beleive that that's what made the card so valuable to me.

I've still got both of the to this day, in protective cases. But honetsly, what are the odds that of about 12 packs of an expansion that had been out of circulation for some time, I would get 2 of the rarest cards possible in those packs? I guess I'm just lucky.

I had an original Mew which I traded for 5 holo's, the guy who I traded it with didn't seem to care much about it or it's value. Lucky me... I lost it however, probably stolen during a trade :mad: I have an ancient mew too but it's far less valuable.

The same guy who trade me his original Mew traded a Wizards of the Coast pikachu with me, which is a pretty rare card IIRC.

images

I still have some valuable holo cards like Blaine's Charizard and Misty's Gyarados, feraligatr (they are japanese) as well. I have quite a lot of japanese cards, which I consider to be slightly more valuable than their English counterparts.

006-katsura50.jpg

I have a Japanese Shining Gyarados from one of the neo sets cant remember which on it is. I know its quite rare and I only ever got 1 booster from whichever set it is. talk about luck lol

Let's see... from booster packs, my rarest are:
Salamence ex δ (Dragon Frontiers)
Absol ex (Power Keepers)
Blaine's Charizard (Gym Challenge)
Latias δ (Delta Species)
Rayquaza δ (Delta Species)
Dark Blastoise (Team Rocket)
Kabutops (Fossil)
Dark Flareon (Team Rocket)
Ampharos δ (Delta Species)
Beedrill δ (Delta Species)
Snorlax (Jungle)
Erika's Vileplume (Gym Heroes)
Jumpluff (Neo Genesis)
Misty's Tears (Gym Challenge - yes, the infamous original Japanese version. Can't let my parents see this, lol)

Some of the cards I have bought online are pretty rare or at least holo:
Lapras (Fossil)
Umbreon (Undaunted)
Muk (Fossil)
Crobat (Hidden Legends)
Groudon (Hidden Legends)
Celebi (Mysterious Treasures)
Heracross (Hidden Legends)

I also have a number of rare cards that came in theme decks, such as Mewtwo (Base Set) and Dark Tyranitar and Dark Dragonite (Team Rocket Returns). Then there's some cards from Tom Roos' 2007 World Championship deck, like Rayquaza ex δ (Dragon Frontiers), Mew ex (Legend Maker), Espeon ex (Unseen Forces), Jirachi ex (Crystal Guardians), Vaporean ex (Delta Species), Jolteon ex (Delta Species), and Jolteon * (Power Keepers) - my only Shining Pokemon.

Finally, I have a lot of promos, some of which I think are pretty rare today: Pikachu (from Pokemon: the First Movie), Pikachu (from the 10th Anniversary tour), Kyogre ex and Ho-oh ex (from collector's tins), and Entei (from Spell of the Unown).

But alas... I do not own a Shining Bulbasaur, because they have never made one :(

I also got shiny mew from the world championship deck but im not sure if its one of my rarest cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom