• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What characters do you think are related?

Maya Oak

Reaction score
It could be any of them from one shot characters to Ash finding a half brother or somthing. I was curious to know and is this the right place to put this thread?

Like Harley and Paul are cousin's or something. :boom:

It can be for either the Anime, Games, or from the Manga

Last edited:
Not trying to mini-mod, just answering a question. It could go here if it were more than anime characters, I think, and go in the Anime section if it ws only anime characters. Also, I do believe that Silver is the son of Ariana and Giovanni. Blue is Professor Oak's grandson, Ash is Delia's son, Palmer is Barry's father, Max is May's brother, Flint is Brock's father, the Pichu Bros. are brothers.

As for actual Pokemon, I think Misty's Corsola is the father of the baby Azurill.

In one of my fics (based off a mix of the Anime and the game) I made a brother/sister connection between

Proton
200px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Proton.png

and

Wendy
250px-Wendy.png

Brandon+unidentified woman=Paul and Reggie.

Nothing will convince me otherwise. I don't care what they said in that episode. I refuse to believe that it wasn't the intent of at least one writer.

Also I think that Giovanni is Ash's father but neither knows nor cares because Ash isn't the only random kid he's got.

And I can't help but think that Bashou and Prof Lund/Tory may be related, but I'm not sure how...plus I have a crack theory that Bashou's mother is J.

Finally, I have a sneaking suspicion that Special may be setting up Cyrus and Volkner as relatives. We know from the games that Cyrus is an only child, so...cousins perhaps?

Bianca (B/W) and Barry (D/P/Pt). They have some common traits, both physically and mentally. Even on their clothes' colors. They have similar behaviour in some aspects, despite the fact Barry is always in a hurry and Bianca is always late. But in fact, both of them in fact appear to have different forms or ADHD; Barry having the "impulssive" form and Bianca having the "inattentive" form (she's appears to be airheaded and she's always at Cloudcuckooland). ADHD is genetic, and they have similarities on their looks, so I strongly believe they're relatives.

I think that Gold might have some relation to Red (their mothers might be twins). They both face badass rivals and come from the same intertwined regions.

In one of my fics (based off a mix of the Anime and the game) I made a brother/sister connection between

Proton
200px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Proton.png

and

Wendy
250px-Wendy.png

Oh my goodness, they look almost the same...

I think Ariana and Mars might be related. Both have similar personalities, and both are executives/commanders of their own Team.

Plus, both are red-heads LOL

Ariana must be related to Silver.

Come to think of it, Barry and Bianca really are alike...

Also, Wally and N. No specific reason, it would just be cool.

I always that that Agatha and Bertha as sisters since they have similar hairstyles and the same trainer class

Like tha above posts, Ariana and Mars as sisters.

I have a huch that the notched eared pichu from the twelth pokemon movie may be the ancesors of the pichu brothers or Ash's pikachu. I also have a suspicion that Marcus the antagonist of pokemon movie 12 may be the anscestor of Buck. Riley could be the descendent of Sir Aaron.

Bianca and Barry.
Conway and Max
Ash and Richie
Roxanne and Candice
Brawly and Morty
Seymour the Scientist and Pro.Elm

Lucian and Will as brothers.
Brandon as the father to Reggie and Paul.
Giovanni (or possibly Don George) as the father to Ash.
Giovanni and Ariana as the parents of Silver and Mars.
Byron and Ariana as the parents of Roark. she gets around
Sir Aaron as the ancestor to Riley, obviously.

I'll think of more. :u

Is it canon that Buck and Flint are brothers...?

Professor Oak as the father of all the player characters and their opposite gender counterpart. There's a reason they all only have either brown or black (or shades of dark blue pretending to be black) hair, and why Dawn and Lucas, despite their lack of familial relations in the games look so much alike, and why Oak is so invested in all these trainers.

And the biggest secret? Blue/Gary is actually Oak's child but Oak is pretending to be his grandfather. Daisy is the mother, and is pretending to be his child. There is no blood relation between them. The story of Daisy and Blue's parents dying is all made up.

Professor Oak as the father of all the player characters and their opposite gender counterpart. There's a reason they all only have either brown or black (or shades of dark blue pretending to be black) hair, and why Dawn and Lucas, despite their lack of familial relations in the games look so much alike, and why Oak is so invested in all these trainers.

And the biggest secret? Blue/Gary is actually Oak's child but Oak is pretending to be his grandfather. Daisy is the mother, and is pretending to be his child. There is no blood relation between them. The story of Daisy and Blue's parents dying is all made up.

I'm going to be completely honest.
This is the most far fetched thing I've ever heard.

Ash/Red and Hilbert. They sorta seem alike. Perhaps Ash's grandfather is in Unova?

Ash and Eagun. They're actually the same person (overleveled Pikachu, mentions of seeing Ho-Oh.), which makes Rui Ash's future granddaughter.

Ash and Hilbert look NOTHING alike. @A@; Or is everyone with a baseball cap suddenly Red/Ash? Gold is the only one who could even be MISTAKEN for Red: Black Hair, wears a red coat, baseball cap.

Riley and Sir Aaron must be related, though. D8

Charon and Croagunk. I know it sounds weird, but he kind of looks like one to me. Maybe he was raised by them? And Looker uses a Croagunk on him during the confrontation at Stark Mountain. Coincidence? or all an elaborate gambit by Looker to surprise Charon?!

Rowan and Cynthia. They both like sweets and Rowan seems to have a patronal role over her.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom