• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Since I wasn't able to come up with any ideas for my fic, I grabbed some prompts from pinterest to work on if work was slow today, and it was pretty slow, so I picked one out and worked on it. I ended up writing 2542 words for it, though some of it was this evening seeing as it was almost done and I just wanted to finish it.

Second drafted all of second wind today, and fic’s at around 2205 words! The prompt I’m posting this thing for comes out tomorrow, so that’s plenty of time for me to edit this thing in the meanwhile.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Love at First Flight").

Anyway, the party is back on the road. Nina is still stuck in her Nymph Wing Shaman from. Nova uses the Demon King Ring to identify the problem: the Shaman Magic Bracelet is frozen, so he uses the ring to force reset the bracelet, transforming Nina back to normal. He then takes her bracelet and wears it, since it can't hurt him, and gives her the spare until her original one repairs itself. They then stumble upon a teenage boy named Lucas getting attacked by a Copper Hawk, the next stage in the Tin Hawk family of monsters. Nova aggroes it away from the boy, ultimately killing it, while Nina rescues the boy, although Lucas only thanks Nina and not Nova, to the latter's irritation. The parents of Lucas invite the party to their village even though they've been suffering from a drought and famine. Nina reluctantly turns into Nymph Wing again to restore the crops while Angelo becomes Tsunami Knight to replenish the river, saving the village, who decide to celebrate as thanks. While setting up Lucas gropes Nina's rear, causing her to strike him and call him out on it. His parents take her side, as this isn't the first time the 16 year old has done this. Nova gets in the mix and tries to lecture the boy but he refuses to listen and runs off to prove that Nina likes him more than Nova. They then find him stuck on a rickety windmill, but since Nina refuses to help him Nova goes up and rescues him. Lucas wants nothing to do with Nova but Nova ends up saving him by grabbing him and jumping off the windmill before a second Copper Hawk can attack them, smashing the top of the windmill in the process, using his Hoverboots to get them to safety. Nova aggroes the second Copper Hawk in order to lead it out of the village while the party reflects how much he's grown since the beginning, especially Nina, before she goes after him to ensure he won't get hurt. After learning that Nova successfully killed the second Copper Hawk they return to the village to see Lucas' parents scolding him. Turns out he deliberately got himself in trouble in order to get attention from Nina, although he didn't account for the second Copper Hawk. Lucas apologizes to Nina and thanks Nova, with Nina forgiving him. However, he ruins the whole thing by asking her to "kiss and make up", causing Nina to slap him again and storm off, which Nova rubs salt on the wound with snark. The next chapter, "Princess Elizabeth's Wish", features the party finally getting to Gloria Kingdom's capital.

Reset crew gets some out of sequence adventures in future chapters including 'using the league policies to go on a shopping spree for the Orange Islands' and 'oh god Professor Ivy and the triplets are messy!'

A couple tweaks to second wind before dropping it on the AO3, and by some sort of madness I also wound up writing four and a half pages of lights, camera, action, and finished off the fic’s first draft. Not bad.

now if you excuse me i’m just gonna lie in bed and feel bad over the sheer angst i’ve just written

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("Princess Elizabeth's Wish"). A bit stop-and-go due to how long it is but I got it done.

Anyway, the party makes it to Gloria Kingdom. However, they've been recruited to catch Dominic, who has been stealing things and smearing Nova's name by claiming to be the Demon King's champion. With some help from Phantom and Elora Dominic is apprehended, allowing the party to meet King Jasper and Princess Elizabeth. Elizabeth takes a shine to Nova due to how respectful he is toward women. She then learns that the party, minus Nova, can use Shaman magic, which she has a strong fascination for, and requests a little show-and-tell, which the party complies, although Nina doesn't show Elizabeth her Nymph Wing form at the time due to how the Shaman Magic Bracelets work. After learning that Queen Maria of Emerald Coast Kingdom is gathering intel for the party and will give it to them at the checkpoint to her kingdom alongwith King Jasper giving the party his intel tomorrow the party goes to rest. Nova decides to explore the castle only to be knocked out by a spell. He awakens in Elizabeth's chambers, his arms and legs tied up, and she emerges completely naked. She's become attracted to him and wants him to impregnate her so she can bear the child of a truly noble man, especially since she's very bitter about her past suitors, who have mistreated her. However, before she can attempt to rape him Nina barges in, as her "female intuition" alerted her to the situation. She refuses to let Elizabeth have Nova although she does briefly consider a threesome when suggested, much to Nova's dismay, before refusing, not wanting to share Nova. King Jasper steps in and manages to get Elizabeth to back down. Nova also reveals his policy about women and sex: he won't have sex with a woman he won't spend his life with, thus he hates hookers and call girls, and refuses to impregnate any woman and leave them the sole caretaker of the child, which is what Elizabeth wanted from him, as he takes responsibility seriously, especially when it comes to childcare. Elizabeth backs down and allows Nina to untie Nova, as both were moved by Nova's statement, and wishes them many happy years together. Nova and Nina both wonder why situations like this have been happening, wondering if the universe is trying to drive them apart out of spite for their victory over it when they hooked up, especially since Nova still believes that there are some cosmic forces out to get him. The next chapter, "General Vertebreak", features the long-awaited and long hinted debut of Muu's top Undead General.

Forgive the double post but I got the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("General Vertebreak").

Muu is furious that the party keeps getting in his way, so he sends in the big guns: General Vertebreak. He confronts the party who all use their Shaman forms to gain an advantage over General Vertebreak, actually dealing some decent damage to the massive bone dragon beast. However, the tables quickly turn as Vertebreak barrages the party with strong attacks, with only Nina still being able to fight effectively as her Magic Fire Feathers keep healing her when she's getting into the danger zone. However, soon the party, sans Nina, are pretty much beaten, all having reverted to their normal forms (again, sans Nina), and are pretty much at Vertebreak's mercy. Nova makes a desperate gamble and casts Banish on General Vertebreak, sending him back to Muu and ultimately saving everyone. Nina uses Goddess Blessing to heal everyone. They all agree that today was a loss on their end, as General Vertebreak was too powerful, but the can take solace that they not only damaged him, which is considered hard to do, but survived and still have each other. It's still a victory for Muu, as they now know they aren't ready to take on a threat as big as Vertebreak, and Muu now knows about their Shaman powers, which means he may figure out a way to stop them, since they give the party a huge advantage. Muu, although annoyed that General Vertebreak failed, along with being knocked out of commission for the time thanks to Nova attacking his core and Kettu's curse-like Will-O-Wisp, is still pleased to know that even with Shaman magic the party is no match for Vertebreak, much less himself, and considers this day a win for him. The next chapter, "A Disastrous Day with Dominic", features, you guessed it, Dominic causing more problems, especially for Nova.

Accidentally got a bit too in the groove and finished second drafting lights, camera, action today, and that comes out at around 2668 words. Keyword: accidentally, because I think I intended to spend the weekend doing the second draft and editing it for posting on Monday night, and now that it‘s all just written today…lmao what do I do with my weekend now, revise the ending a million times? Sounds like it.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage ("A Disastrous Day with Dominic"). Also known as nearly 17 pages of Dominic being karma's punching bag.

Anyway, the party is crossing some badlands to get to the next town, doing their best to keep Angelo cool and moist, as Hopper Clan members don't like dry heat. Nova reveals he hates heat, too, and is very good in winter and at winter sports. The party arrives at the oasis town and take some time to cool off. When they're having lunch, however, Dominic appears, having somehow escaped jail, and reveals that Luvar Kingdom has now banished him. He tries to cast Banish on Nova to get rid of him, only to botch it and Nova is now stuck to his back. He tries again only to banish both of them out into the badlands with no weapons, water, or any other equipment (sans the Demon King Ring), forcing the party to try to find them. Nova and Dominic are forced to work together in order to get back to the oasis village alive, not without taking potshots at each other. Dominic keeps trying to put Nova in front of monsters that attack them out of spite only for the monsters to seemingly understand the concept of karma and attack him instead. Nina and Phantom head out to track Nova down, as they got the general idea of where he and Dominic are thanks to a local sorceress giving them advice. Meanwhile, Nova makes an offhand snarky remark about Dominic's "package", since it in particular has been getting abused by monsters today, only for Dominic to accidentally confirm it (see: small). He tries to accuse Nova of the same thing only to learn he has the exact opposite problem (see: gigantic), even saying he's been called the "God of Virility" by his dad a few years ago, and has grown more since then, much to Dominic's horror and dismay. Phantom finds them and retrieves Nina who guides the two back to town, although she fusses over Nova first like a mother hen. When they return Van casts Curse Breaker to break the botched effects of Dominic's spell, separating them. Dominic attempts to kick Nova only to end up kicking a pet crocadog instead, which proceeds to give him some last bit of karma before chasing him around the village. At the inn Nova and Nina share a tender moment together, as Nina is relieved to see Nova alive and in one piece after his misadventure with Dominic. The next chapter, "Gaia Knight Rising", features Sir Reginald gaining the titular Shaman form.

Back
Top Bottom