• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

No words today. I mostly decided to take what worked in my latest work and retry with giving the main character a different Pokemon related occupation than the one I came up with...though it's given me a headache as it's giving me more questions than answers.

I started a list of special monster breeds for Dawn of Courage. These monsters act as alternate food sources, but are considered somewhat rare, while also boasting various health and bonus effects. And since they're still monsters (albeit look more like animals, thus telling them apart from regular monsters), equipped with elements, attacks, and killer instincts, they cannot be domesticated to make the meat/produce they offer more accessible. Some examples include, but are not limited to: "Fire Pheasant", "Candy Porcupine", "Sugar-Horn Sheep", "Wood Duck", "Gator Ghoul", "Angel Wing Fish", "Sweet-Tusk Boar", "Peach Clobberer", and others. Since these are going to start making an appearance in the series in an upcoming chapter I'm starting soon, which will help provide some worldbuilding in the process, I wanted to get some ideas down beforehand.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I listed the edible parts of the monsters, since I actually had to do some research on the animals they're based off of to see what parts are considered safe for consumption (if at all). Certainly was something of an eye-opener, as I never knew creatures like porcupines were actually edible. You do learn something new each day.

Last edited:
Forgive the double post but I did a small sub-document of the different races/clans in Edyn. This is so I can keep them organized, as I plan to include more of them over time. Examples include, but are not limited to: "Human", "Beastmen", "Werefolk", "Phoenix", "Fairy", "Grassroot", "Insectoid", "Naga", "Elf", "Shaman", "Lemur", and more. It lists the different clans' elemental affinity (Fire, Water, Earth, etc) and their weaknesses (Genox Gas, Anti-Magic, Fire, Ice, Cold, etc).

I finally finished my Halloween contest entry. Written like something you may have read in elementary. I decided to try out a different style. The only problem is it certainly took a while. Check it out, the fruits of my devotion. And yes, I'm having a lot of fun with the promotion.

Last edited:
Just knocked out another section of the Fire Emblem 8 fanfic I've been writing intermittently.i am so tired. I feel a bit embarrassed about writing ship fic, but i really shouldn;t/

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage this morning ("Cooking with Brass"). It's short but it introduces a concept that'll become a mainstay from here on out.

Anyway, the party is heading toward the next town. They soon encounter a Fire Pheasant that caught a mouse. Nova learns that a special category of monsters are considered safe to eat and are often rare delicacies that even some royalty rarely get, and the Fire Pheasant is one such example. Nova is able to kill it with Snipe, allowing Van to pluck, clean, and segment it. Nina offers to give Nova a recipe for Fire Pheasant. A little while later they are attacked by a Candy Porcupine. Van easily kills it by crushing its skull with his hoof before going to clean and carve it up. Nova learns from Zeeker that porcupines in general, not just Candy Porcupines, are edible, as the hyena Beastman ate it a lot as a cub. He also learns that the flavor of the Candy Porcupine's quills can change depending on the monster, such as being chocolate or lemon flavored. Not long after they're attacked by a Peach Clobberer (which is an expy of the Meaches from Chowder, which Nova lampshades) but it's easily taken down from a single Snipe skill. Van is very eager to harvest the peaches off the Peach Clobberer, as peaches n' cream is his favorite food, and the flesh of the Peach Clobberer is also edible. After a while they make it to the village where they buy more supplies and food, especially now that they have some rare treats to work with. Later that night Nova and Nina share a tender moment together, discussing the rare goodies they've got and their future together. The next chapter, "The Defense of the Capital", features the party helping in defending Sunquest Kingdom's capital from Muu's army.

Forgive the double post but I managed to get the next chapter of Dawn of Courage done ("The Defense of the Capital").

Anyway, the party has stopped at a magical campsite where Nova is cooking the Fire Pheasant breast in a recipe Nina gave him. The results are unanimous: it was a success and everyone is gushing about how good it is. The next day the reach Sunquest Kingdom's capital, home of the Ironhide Clan (armadillomen), only to see the outer wall of the capital badly damaged. They learn from the worker Ironhide Clan members that they were attacked by an unknown foe from Muu's army. The party meets with King Norbert and are requested by him to act as extra defenses, as the city can't take another attack and the people are frightened, which they agree to. They learn their foe is Captain Magmarrow, a Fire element Undead Captain, prompting Nina and Angelo to don their respective Water element forms: Sea Witch Siren and Tsunami Knight, respectively. Magmarrow and his platoon soon appear and confirm to the party that the destruction of Vertebreak has seriously demoralized Muu's army, as both he and the Undead Soldiers are hesitant to fight. Which the party capitalizes on, with Nina and Angelo dealing with the lava zombie Undead Captain. They are easily able to defeat him, releasing a trapped soul within him. The soul is revealed to be a female member of the Buzzwing Clan, a race of insectoid people, but she reveals her soul was captured over 200 years ago, thus confirming that Muu has collected many souls from different timeframes, not just recently. She thanks them for saving her and allowing her to finally move on, while the party reaffirms their goal to free all the captured souls from Muu. The next chapter, "Rebuilding Hope", features the aftermath of the recent attacks on Sunquest Kingdom's capital.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Rebuilding Hope").

The party has been summoned to King Norbert's throne room. He thanks them for dealing with Captain Magmarrow but requests that they stick around for a few days in order to reassure his people that they'll be sufficiently protected until the repairs to the city walls is nearly done. They are then introduced to a member of the Buzzwing Clan, a moth girl named Bianca, who is not only one of King Norbert's subjects, but also his girlfriend. She had been out on an assignment and just returned, clearly surprised at the damage she saw and was concerned for King Norbert. He explains that he rescued her from certain death at the talons of a Silver Hawk, personally nursed her back to health, earning him her loyalty, devotion, and eventually her affections. He explains she's a bit flighty and tends to be easily distracted but is a good, hard worker who does her best for the kingdom. The following day, upon Zeeker's suggestion, Nova sets up his magical accessory shop in an attempt to increase the abilities of the Ironhide Clan warriors and troops, as he learned they're experts at Earth magic, and the occasional Healing magic, but struggle in other magical fields. His attempt proves successful, as several Ironhide troops purchase his various magical accessories in order to expand their abilities for future battles. Bianca appears again, having been on an errand, and is immediately entranced by Nova's accessories, as members of the Buzzwing Clan are fascinated with such items. She attempts to buy a Spark Armlet from Nova but, to her dismay, finds she doesn't have enough funds for it. Nova is willing to give it to her for free, since she wants to give it to King Norbert as a gift, but only this once, earning him an accidental face full of her breasts when she hugged him in delight, to Nina's ire. She takes off with the Spark Armlet and the items she picked up on errand, presenting it to her lover. The next chapter, "Glockenspine's Last Stand", features the party dealing with Captain Glockenspine and his Undead Army platoon.

Wrote the next chapter of Dawn of Courage today ("Glockenspine's Last Stand").

The party has been summoned to King Norbert's throne room. He thanks them for sticking around for a bit until the repairs are nearly complete, so he allows the party to go off and track down Glockenspine and his platoon. Along the way they encounter a Sweet-Tusk Boar, another special edible monster. Nova and Van team up to kill it, effectively giving them dinner that night, which Nova has experience in cooking boar. After a good meal the party rests for the night. The next morning they make it to Glockenspine's Undead Base, which has a few Red Skulls acting as sentries, which makes sense, as he's weak to Ice so he's using Fire element Undead to fight back. Nina sends Phantom to scout things out and they learn the reason why Glockenspine didn't attack the weakened capital: he was too afraid to fight the party. After devising their plan they attack the base, with Nina and Angelo becoming Diamond Ice Empress and White Blizzard Knight, respectively, to take advantage of Glockenspine's weakness to Ice. He purposely attacks Nova, calling him the weak link in the party, only to invoke the wrath of Nina, who destroys him with Ice Hammer. Nova is a bit discourage that he's the weak link in the party, despite knowing it's true, though the party says otherwise, especially Nina. They raid the base and then destroy it, allowing them to move on. The next chapter, "Trials and Tribulations", features three certain individuals getting involved in tests of character.

Back
Top Bottom