• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Consider Yourself?

I consider myself:
a pokemon caretaker first(different from a breeder because i'm not trying to BREED them)
a trainer second
and a coordinator last

Definitely a Coordinator. I was distracted for so long in my first Ruby game playing around with Contests that it was not until 4 months after mom bought Ruby version that I was "ohh, whoops, better get that badge from Winoa!" Today, I am almost a very experience Coordinator in-game. I'm still clumsy on the dancing sections of Shinnoh Contests, but in dressing-up/Poffin-making/and appeal rounds, I am unstoppable!

In Emerald, I am definitely unstoppable, even with my less-than-glamorous PokeBlock-making skills.

Second of all, I am just a simple Trainer. Yay me.

Finally, Magma Grunt and Galactic Grunt. D: Not to get fuzzy with their sexy leaders, no not at all!

Last edited:
It would be in that order...

1. Trainer
2. Coordinator
3. Pokéathlete
4. Breeder

1. Loner (except for 2 real friends)
2. Trainer
3. Breeder
4. Coordinator
5. Pokeathlete

1. Adventurer
2. Trainer
3. Collector
4. Breeder
And the rest are on so low level that it's not even worth mentioning...

1. Coordinator - Won every ribbon in Pearl, couldn't get Master Tough though :-(
2. Collector - I've completed my Pokedex and I've got 4 shinys!
3. Breeder - I like making baby Pokemon! :3
5. Pokeathlete - They are fun! Too bad I can't fix my touchscreen up :-(
4. Trainer - Never played a wireless/wifi battle in my life, just battled to complete the game... All my movesets are set toward contests.

As for me, well, I consider myself as:

1st: Trainer
2nd: Pokeathlete
3rd: Breeder
A distant 4th: Coordinator. I'm never good at Contests. (Is that the right one?)

1. Trainer
2. Coordinator
3. Breeder
4. Collector
5. Pokeathlete

I luuuv contests in Platinum (viva la master ribbon! Love my Floatzel...), but I've never tried the Pokeathlete challenge in the HG/SS games...

Collector...eh, not so much. Breeder...I don't have the patience. Trainer, yup, that's more like me.

1. Trainer or breeder, depends how you look at it. I'm not a fan of breeding, but of course I must breed a lot of Pokémon for battles. So it kinda makes me a breeder anyway?
2. Pokéathlete. Pokéathlon is so much fun! I know there's not going to be Pokéathlon anymore in B/W, but I still hope there will D:. The idea of Pokéathlon feels like it could actually have a bigger (optional) part of games beside the oridinary gym challenge.
3. Collector and researcher. I love the feeling, when I found out something new to me.

I couldn't call myself a coordinator. Contests really are boring :(.

Trainer, Collector, and Breeder.

Although I do play through the main story without catching that many Pokemon, I catch/trade for them afterwards. And I breed not really to EV train, although I try to even while doing the main story.

I am, above all else, an EV nazi. My poor pokemon rarely get to hold anything besides the Macho Brace. Maybe the Amulet Coin every now and then ;)

1) Strategist (I do this more than actual playing)
2) Battler (As in, actual fighting)
3) Researcher (Reading up on backgrounds of pokémon and the fenomenon pokémon are based on)
4) Breeder (Haven't been at it for that long yet, but I'm getting into it)
5) Trainer (EVs, IVs, Natures)
6) Collector
7) Gardener
8) Pokéathlete
9) Completionist (Trying to complete all aspects in the game)
10) Shiny Hunter
11) Coordinator

Not saying I'm good at any of these, but this is the way I like to play the games. As you can see, I actually read and think more about the games than I play them... =P Please, someone, tell me that's not -that- sad... A-anyone?.......

I'd have to say...

1. Trainer
2. Pokeathlete (I love those)
3. Collector (I don't trade a lot but I have started a Spinda collection)
4. Breeder
5. Coordinator

1. Trainer
2. Breeder
3. Collector
4. Coordinator
5. Pokeathlete

Breeding is so tedious and boring to me, but I must do it to have the perfect Pokemon to train! I've collected every Pokemon in Platinum, and now I'm on a quest to collect every one of them in Silver!

As you can see, I actually read and think more about the games than I play them... =P Please, someone, tell me that's not -that- sad... A-anyone?.......

That's not sad at all. I do that, too. I don't play the games all that often. I look up the Pokemon, research them and talk about them a lot though. ^^ Once I'm done with the main plot line I'll almost totally stop training my Pokemon. HeartGold is my only exception to this so far.

I consider myself to be mostly a trainer, and just maybe a little bit of a breeder.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom