• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of features do you want to see?

.... Punctuation is a thing. Maybe look into it?

If you don't like cutesy then they odds are you're playing the wrong video game.

THE WORD IS ARE. IT IS NOT A LONG WORD.

First of all, I am sorry for my grammaticcaly incorrect posting.

Well about the cutesy staff what i meant was the pokemons overall has been more for the looks and less about stats. Down the memory lane a bit, gen. 1 and gen. 2 had a balance with cute and powerful mean looking(Scyther, last evos of all starters,gyarados and more in bussiness end while jigglypuff, clefairy,pikachu, vileplume etc cute types) . Meanwhile almost all base forms were cute, weak etc. when they evolved they had their charisma (most anyway) like vulpix-ninetales. But starting from gen. 3 balance is starting 2 favor more cuddly and cute type and less cool, powerful looking bussiness type. Balance is tipped in favor for the contests.
So overall i don't mind cute that is if it is balanced like the prev gens.

P.S: and i now i think about it maybe they will give pokemon more personality. Like we all see an pokedex that alakazam has a mega mind or ryhorn being an idiot, camerupt gets angry when hit on the face etc. These things might come real amusing and make it a little more spontaneus if they get incorporated.

ouch calm down with the red. But yeah, I'm all for it, bring in the seasons. Though obviously it'd have to be sped up. And whether the changing seasons (which obviously indicate passage of time) would have any bearing on the game as a whole is something that would need to be thought about.

I have been thinking about the concept of adding weather effects to pokemon and came up with a few theories.

Seasons

If they were to incorporate seasons into pokemon then I would expect it to go on a monthly cycle instead of year round because that would take too long. It could have an affect on the plants causing certain kinds to grow better depending on the season. The trees on different routes could see changes in color and it could affect what type of pokemon are hiding in them assuming they bring headbutt or honey back. Remember that not all parts of the world go by the four season system of spring, summer, winter, and fall so game freak may have to work around that factor.

Weather

Pokemon is no stranger to the idea of having weather effects along certain routes. In past games they’ve used rain, sun, sandstorms, snow/hail, fog, and wind. They need to make it more realistic by putting an end to having the never ending weather effects along routes. Lets say they delve deeper into the idea of weather effects by having each route contain a different probability for each. Each weather effect can influence the type pokemon that is present there at each time. To make a weather effect more predictable lets say there is a weather channel on the tv or on a device that will tell you what to expect for the next few days.

The tide

This isn’t necessarily a weather effect but I think it would be a wonderful idea to expand upon. They used the change in tide for the shoal cave in hoenn and lake of rage in johto so why try that on a wide scale over the whole region giving you access to certain areas depending on the tide.

Moon phases

This last theory is a stretch but how about adding the phases of the moon. It may seem pointless but I think it would add a cool gimmick for catching certain pokemon like darkrai on a full moon or cresselia at a new moon. They could also make it to where a pokemon only evolves depending on the phase of the moon. The way in which you would see the moon is by viewing its reflection over the water.

^ Everything above me. I would also like to see wild Pokemon outside of battle. That would be okay, but not too much of it, you know?

If we did get seasons we'd need to get a ptarmigan pokémon that's brown in the summer and white in the winter. It's the posterbird for changing with the seasons.

I was thinking certain pokemon would be able to become "one."

(not really fuse just act like one pokemon temporarily) When

they did that they would temporarily learn a special move that

they use together (like how rotom temporarily learns a move when

it goes into another form until it goes back to normal rotom)

for example mantines sprite could be without remoraid, but if

they became one remoraid would be with mantine in their sprite.

^ Everything above me. I would also like to see wild Pokemon outside of battle. That would be okay, but not too much of it, you know?

eh, i don't know how that would go. one of the main staples of the game are random battles. plus, the overworld would be CLUTTERED

I want:
-Attracting pokemon in safari zone (maybe with berries instead of pokeblocks?)
-poffins (I used them to make my Riolu friendly)
Character Customization

eh, i don't know how that would go. one of the main staples of the game are random battles. plus, the overworld would be CLUTTERED

Maybe have occasional patches of grass shake and potentially move to other patches of grass. Walking into these would instantly cause a battle and such. The PokeRadar would stop this of course though, as would repels.

Maybe have occasional patches of grass shake and potentially move to other patches of grass. Walking into these would instantly cause a battle and such. The PokeRadar would stop this of course though, as would repels.

that sounds cool, kind of like you're seeing the pokemon shift from patch to patch.

A major improvement to the current interface.

Specifically, entirely scrap the whole Withdraw and Deposit thing. With styluses, we can just use the Move Pokemon interface (which is really handy). Without styluses, just use a combination of X, Y, A, B, and the D-Pad to get everything done. Easier than having two annoying-to-use interfaces and one stylus-based interface. For Move Items (which is amazingly nice), just build it in as an option for the Move Pokemon interface (button).

Further, keep HMs and TMs in different menus in the TM Pouch/Case, since it's a pain to flip through four or five pages and THEN find the HMs, especially when you're creating HM monkeys.

As an extension of that thought, limit the number of HMs to things necessary for game completion. Perhaps even add a new designation - Field Machines or something - to cover those moves that aren't necessary for gameplay but are still usable in the Field.

So, for HMs, we could simply keep the current rules, but limit them to, say, Cut, Surf, Rock Smash, Strength, Waterfall, Rock Climb, and Fly, like in Generation IV. Field moves such as Defog, Teleport, Dig, Headbutt, Whirlpool, Dive, etc. could follow the same rules as TMs, but given a different category for organization purposes. Badges wouldn't be necessary for direct usage, but indirectly necessary to access (through HM usage or otherwise) the areas these moves would be used in (although moves like Teleport, Dig, and Headbutt would be exempt).

Throw in some weather conditions as well. Yeah, some random routes have weather conditions, but why not randomize it? Each route has a chance to have a given weather condition for three or four hours during a day, with weather being separated by 'transition points' (cities, towns, route junctions, etc.) A given weather condition (be it Hail, Fog, Rain, bright Sun, etc.) may increase the chance of a Pokemon appearing on the route.

I think it would be cool to have some sort of (optional) external device that would let you import gen 1&2 pokemon into the game in pal park. I know technically thats what the remakes are for but I think it would be pretty cool. Also I know that several of the attributes of the pkmn arent there (cant really think exactly what they are now) but they could be random.

They would never so that. Gen 1 and two were preety much a pokemon game and a action replay packed into one. Missingno. Mew glitch. Should I got on?

I want to be able to have 8 DAMN LETTERS IN MY NAME!!! My name has 8 letters and you can only have 7 so... yeah...

Cause EVs work kinda like an easter egg. The average schmuck isn't supposed to know what they are. They'll just stay a secret like they've always been. They get a shout out with the ribbon, and that's it.

If they're so secret, why are they explained in the official guidebook, whitch, mind you, must be approved by GF

I had a dream. A dream of a pokemon game that could not be hacked. A dream were Nintendo forced Datel to remove AR accesability with pokemon. Does anyone else share this dream.

A black guy in pokemon. Brock doesn't count, as he's a god (See pokemon episode 620). Seriously, WTH. GF has done Americans, French, but why not a quircky black guy. It helped Final Fantasy XIII. NONNONO....YOUR RIVAL IS BLACK

If they're so secret, why are they explained in the official guidebook, whitch, mind you, must be approved by GF

I had a dream. A dream of a pokemon game that could not be hacked. A dream were Nintendo forced Datel to remove AR accesability with pokemon. Does anyone else share this dream.

A black guy in pokemon. Brock doesn't count, as he's a god (See pokemon episode 620). Seriously, WTH. GF has done Americans, French, but why not a quircky black guy. It helped Final Fantasy XIII. NONNONO....YOUR RIVAL IS BLACK

WHich guidebook talks about EVs? I don't really care if people hack thier Pokemon games. They paid 40 bucks for it, they should be able to do what they want. I don't really care about the people's appearances.

That's a total lie. The people's looks are the most importsnt thing to me. Gaa! Another lie. They're important, but not the most important. This seems like a kinda long post. Which is odd, because I don't usually make long posts.

I'd like to see them make the EV system visible so I don't have to keep count in my head or in text files.

I'd also like to see an expansion of the "held items" system into four slots- one for berries, one for equipment (defied as non-berry items which have an effect when held), one for mail, and one for inventory.

I want to be able to have 8 DAMN LETTERS IN MY NAME!!! My name has 8 letters and you can only have 7 so... yeah...

holy crap i have that SAME PROBLEM! except mine is even worse because without that last letter, it becomes the female equivalent of my name! and i hate having to revert to my nickname that no one calls me anymore!

also i totally agree on the randomized weather conditions and the "choosing which pokemon follows you around and an on/off switch to that" thing. both would be awesome. and of course character customization. even if it's just the color of my shirt, anything at all would be fantastic.

i wish they could bring back secret bases, make them a bit more roomy and not put random obstacles, give us a few more kinds of environments besides cave and tree, and make it so that we can fly to our secret base and maybe even heal our pokemon in it. i wasn't a HUGE fan of them in gen3, but if they did all of that stuff i would definitely appreciate them a lot more.

Was just thiking on the previous post regarding the TMs, HMs and the proposed FMs. It's not so much in HG/SS because you can press the left arrow button and it takes you to the end of the list where all your HMs are so it's not so much of a fuss anymore. Maybe, in the bag though, when you go into the TM/HM pouch, you then have to choose an sort-of sub-pouch and go into TM, HM or proposed FM.

I think with the FMs, they should be unbreakable like HMs, because of their importance and constant use. Have to ask though, wouldn't many HMs like Cut fall into the proposed FM category?

Something I thought based on this - what about moves that essentially level up? Like, after you've used Ember so many times or after your Pokémon reaches a certain level, it automatically turns into Flamethrower and then into Blast Burn or another fire move depending on your Pokémon's stats, nature, etc (ie, only Starters would get Blast Burn). This could even apply to HMs - take Surf, Whirpool and Waterfall and amalgamate them into the one move that becomes a three-stage process like the one describe above. So, you get a move that alone allows you to Surf. After it "levels up", it still allows you to Surf, but you can now use it to go underwater (Dive) and after it "levels up" again it can be used to Surf, Dive and cross Whirpools and Waterfalls - essentially you would have all four HMs in one.

Using this process, they could amalgamate Defog and Fly, Rock Smash and Rock Climb. Possibly even pull in some of the other field move TMs and incorporate them into a similar process, if not directly involve them with the HMs. Possibly lay it out like this:

Surf > Dive > Whirpool/Waterfall
Defog > Fly
Rock Smash > Rock Climb

Would even be worthwhile to work in new variants of the HM moves into this aswell, maybe even an extension of the "Rock ---"'s that allows you to really manipulate the earth around you? Would possibly have to rename some of the HMs in this process though...

Phew... long post *mwah*

Region
Tohoku. Both areas that are speculated have enough reason to appear, and both have equal chances. I just would prefer this over the Chigoku/Shikoku area, and there are several reasons as I'll explain later. Anyway with its mountains, it could be similar to Sinnoh, but perhaps they find a way to make em go east west, and have a chance to make North/South Shellos. I can also see it not being the only region in the game, being hinted at with the usage of the Sinnoh Peninsula that hasn't been given any importance yet. Some would say nothing could be done with it, but I believe it has a chance of usage.
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/medi...ohplatinum.jpg
As a note, I'm using this image as a reference to see what I mean. If they put it in, they could use it as the Leagues site, and like GSC create a route to enter Sinnoh from there. The most likely area to enter Sinnoh from there is Canalave, and I would consider it excellent for the first gym you fight to be a steel type. Sinnoh itself, would be quite different, as I can see this game either into the future(even more) or 3 years behind. Meaning a lot of the trainers that are older then others could look younger, some gym leaders might not even exist(Maylene, Roark) or they could look older all together if in the future.
Story
Not too much to say, but I hope to god Cyrus and the Torn World get thrown in. I mean its such a good cliffhanger to base a sequel on, and while it would conflict with a new team and all that, at least a subplot in Sinnoh to work on with Cyrus. Like perhaps you got things happening in this region, but then in Sinnoh Cyrus pops up to cause havoc. Gives you a reason to travel too.
Features
-The touchscreen controls better be how they were in HGSS. Hopefully they have a left handed mode, and actually give us a chance for d-pad and touch.
-The battle screen being 3D is very likely, as we saw through the screens. On top of that, the attacks seem to have improved compare to DPtHGSS attacks. Of course it could be cause whatever Zoroark is using is different from the move thought, but if not, its a good look.
-A rotating pokedex. We've seen it already! I mean rotating like you have the Pokemon's name on top, and a 3D wheel with the sprites on it going back and forth. Like swiping left goes higher in the numbers, and going right lowers them. The seen count would be left of the name, and the caught on the right. Under the sprites would be the button uses. I can't believe we haven't had this one yet.
-Those perma-running shoes better come up again.
-The map is in the same visual appeal field of the pokedex. Not 3D, but your map has a hologram feature where if you click a city, a hologram of it pops up, with points of interest, and a nice block of text next to it. Or perhaps, its info and notes are up on the topscreen, with a 3D visual of the town on the bottom screen to scroll around with points of interest, and if there are layers, show the inner layer(like how the big city we saw has streets going into an area like that. Another note for the maps, when the hell are we going to have cave maps. I mean those things can be Zelda Dungeons sometimes, and if we were to have two regions like Tohoku and Sinnoh, it would be very useful. Perhaps either it could be bought, or instead the areas you travel to are jotted down and as you progress, you can see that you haven't gone through this stairwell, or you can backtrack to the last fork in the road.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom