• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What kind of trainer are you?

I'd say Type B....although I wasn't completely focused on having a balanced team until the third gen. Now I like to plan my team of pokemon I really like but also have some balance of types too. I wouldn't be that into the competitive scene...although I do like my pokemon to have good moves and abilities.

I don't like nicknaming pokemon...or only having one super strong pokemon. It's nice to have a team of capable pokemon rather than one super pumped up one. Plus it feels more like a family. :p

Type B. But, I realized I'll normally have at least two Water-types on my team, and sometimes even 3. It's very rare that they're pure Water though, so I normally have other uses for them.

I think that the only pure Water type on any of my current teams is my Azumarill in Platinum.

BE, I keep a well rounded, well nicknamed, well-raised, happy, professional team for all battles which require such.

I used to be a type A in blue version, with my overleveled Blastoise.

But now I'm a B, I never have more than 3 levels between pokemon.

During RGY I was without a doubt type D

But since GSC I've been type B

I'm not trying to become type E

Live and grow.

Always used to be a B, all the way from Red, through Gold, Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver, then I decided to become a Steel-type trainer in HeartGold, essentially having Piplup, Aron and Riolu as starters and sending Chikorita straight to the Pokéwalker.

Last edited:
On Silver I was a Type A trainer; my Typhlosion, Bill, reached level 98 and my other Pokemon were around level 40. I did nickname my other Pokemon too though, and valued them just as highly as Bill and used them in battles after I'd defeated Lance.

On Ruby my Swampert, Muddy, reached a much higher level than the others as well. But in Emerald, LeafGreen and Pearl I'm a Type B trainer; I raise a variety of Pokemon that I like at even levels, without worrying too much about strategy. The Pokemon I catch early on in the game tend to stay in my team for the entire game, which is reflected in my Emerald Team: Blaziken, Mightyena, Gardevoir, Azumarill, Beautifly and Flygon (Breloom used to occupy Flygon's slot).

I don't find that raising Pokemon at equal levels is very difficult. If you always choose the Pokemon that has an a type advantage against the opponent, things seem to work out by themselves. The trick is to switch your team around whenever a Pokemon levels up, so that your lowest level Pokemon is always at the top.

I'm mostly type B, in that I obsessively fix level gaps in my party and I prefer to have no two Pokemon with the same type. Everyone gets names, as well, and I agonize over the perfect name longer than the time I took to actually catch the darn thing. I'm also an obnoxious bleeding heart softie and I go to pains to makes everyone's Happiness is maxed out. If I even have an inkling that one of my party is the tiniest bit unhappy, I immediately give them a Soothe Bell and have them walk around with me.

Generally Type B but in my recent run through I would train my Luxray so much because I had to.

Type B although my Pachirisu in Pearl ended up passing everyone by 10 levels 'cause it's so easy to train.

I'm definitely a Type B trainer. I try to have a variety of different Pokemon types for coverage against most opponent Pokemon, and I am OCD about leveling up my Pokemon equally.

B, although I tend to be lenient with the level gap sometimes and usually have tints of C.

ima type E because of that i have all lvl 40-45s before the 3rd gym and 3 shinies in diamond! in all others im a B my friends an A on heartgold his feraligator is lvl 97 and all his other pkmn are lvl 20- idk how he is going to beat the ELITE FOR XD

EDIT
----
nvm that stuff im kinda a E and a B combined i keep my pokemon the same levels but i train them to extreme levels

A mix of A and B. I have a few 'mons that are at a slightly higher level than others.

You know, there really should be a poll for this.

Type A and B. I generally decide at the start of the game what type i'm gonna be.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom