• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Manga series are you currently reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there's always my precious Pokemon Special.
And then there's Othello.

Lost Canvas #2 and Naruto #9. Yeah, I'm buying the magazines since I don't have much patience about downloading and reading scans, but I'm up to date with spoilers in both series.

It's about this girl, Yaya, and how her friends treat her like crap. Yet no matter how bad they treat her, she's too naive and trusting to get the idea. So she gains this split-personality, hyper confident Nana, who exposes her "friends" as slimeballs, doles out punishment, and does it all with style.

Tis' a very good read.

Currently reading:

Last Fantasy (Cracking good read, hillarious RPG parody, but with some genuine lass)

. Hack Twilight

Kingdom Hearts II

Inu Yasha

And im REALLY interested in starting Pokemon special, but i cant find it ANYWHERE, online or in stores, any help would be much appreciated. I used to love the origional Toshihiro Ono Pokemon Manga years ago, but its been so long.

Currently reading: The Gentlemen's Alliance (Shinshi Doumei Cross)

+Anima by Natsumi Mukai, and Pokemon Adventures' cruddy American version.

Currently Reading:

Zatch Bell - Brought up to Volume 14 but borders has not had them in stock since then which, really pisses me off. Also was reading the Japanese chapters as they came out (Konjiki no Gash Bell is the Japanese name). I really like the manga originally got into it thanks to the anime which, btw has not shown anything other than the first season, so have been switching to Japanese fansubs.

Naruto - Been buying the manga, reading it in Shounen Jump andalso reading just the translations of the latest chapters (I don't see the pictures I feel violated if I do that). Once again got into it thanks to the anime.

Also been buying Battle Royale which, is pretty crappy and I don't like the Tokyopop translations of it and I prefer the book, but the movie is my favourite of the lot.Its ok, plan to finish the series this year.

Otherwise I buy both Shounen Jump and Shojo Beat and read the chapters in there.

I guess I haven't gotten into that many manga chapters because I was poor for a while there and had no real access to a computer other than at my parents or university since 2003. So everything got pushed back including manga, pokemon forums etc.

Nothing much at the moment. Waiting for the next issue of DP Adventures.

Just Nana now. I got tired of Shaman King.

Death Note, HunterXHunter, Absolute Boyfriend, and Bizenghast.

And IAWTC on Shaman King. After the Faust storyline, it all went downhill, the way many a promising Shonen Jump series is wont to do.

Currently reading:

Tsubasa (vol. 5 finished, now I need to get volume 6)
Absolute Boyfriend (a.k.a. Zettai Kareshi)
Tales of Symphonia

What I'm going to read afterwards:

Zelda Ocarina of Time (re-reading)
Zelda Majora's Mask (re-reading)
FLCL
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Detective Conan (a.k.a. Case Closed)

Last edited:
I'm on-off reading FMA (having watched the anime first), and will probably start on Death Note some time soon, what with having finished that the other day.

Naruto (part 2)
xxxHolic
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Penguin Revolution
Ouran High School Host Club
Doubt (Rabbit Doubt without the exclaimation mark)

Eternal Sabbath. Kinda like death note, but without the crap.

I just received a complete set (English editions) of Death Note, including 13: How to Read. I've already read Volume 1 & half way done with Volume 2. And I LOVE IT!

I finished the best manga sereis I ever read....
Death Note....
No other manga are just quiet as good...
so I'm going back to an old favourite, PokeSupe, I'm importing it from sibgapore...

but I wis that ther was more death note!

PokeSlob~

Did you know there is a novel adaption of the series as well? It's called;
Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases
Written by Nisio Isin.
ISBN13: 9781421518831
ISBN10: 142151883x
Binding: Hardback
Pages: ??
It serves as a prequel to the manga series, with Mello narrating the story of L's first encounter with Naomi Misora during the Los Angeles "BB Serial Murder Case" mentioned in Volume 2 of the manga. Beside Naomi's character, the novel focuses on how L works. Insight was given into Watari's orphanage (named "Wammy's House") and how the whole system of geniuses such as L, Mello, and Near were put to work. Viz released the novel in English on February 19, 2008, however many retailers began selling the books as early as February 7th.

There is also another book called;
Death Note: Fatally Fun Facts: Mysteries and Secrets Revealed!.
ISBN13: 9781932897326
ISBN10: 1932897321
Binding: Paperback
Pages: 192
It's the unofficial anime guidebook series that promises to leave no stone unturned in its quest to reveal the many secrets, subplots, character traits, weaponry specs and behind-the-scenes gossip of your favorite anime. Mysteries and Secrets Revealed! are the only English anime guidebooks researched, written, edited and published by otaku in Japan!

I am having both of them shipped to me as we "speak".

Return to Labyrinth. Jareth can invade my dreams anytime... sigh ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom