• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What trivial thing in the Pokémon games drives you crazy?

That Japan has so many Events. Did you know they have Septile, Blaziken, Swampert, Groudon, Kyoger, Shiny Rayquaza, and six other Shiny Pokemon? And that was withen' like the last 6 Months or something! Can you imagion how many Event Pokemon they have distributed so far!?

I feel discriminated.

That Japan has so many Events. Did you know they have Septile, Blaziken, Swampert, Groudon, Kyoger, Shiny Rayquaza, and six other Shiny Pokemon? And that was withen' like the last 6 Months or something! Can you imagion how many Event Pokemon they have distributed so far!?

I feel discriminated.

Okay, yeah, this.

Kind of a silly thing, but for me, it's all the the text you have to go through when healing at a Pokemon Centre. It's not so much that you have to go through the whole thing every time, it just gets annoying when you sometimes hit "A" again after she finishes her little speech!

For me, it's become enough of a muscle reflex that I never re-initiate conversation with her. Without even having to think about it, I automatically hit the A button the required amount of times to get her to shut up. No more, and no less.

I always avoid this by simply mashing the B button, so then you can't possibly re-engage Joy in conversation! Also, I always hate how Joy says "we hope to see you again!" after healing your pokemon. Thanks, Joy, for hoping that my pokemon all get seriously wounded again. You're such a nice lady. :mad:

That some of the protagonists/rivals haven't got names that aren't also the name of a game version. Argh! Minor, yes, but I still find it stupid!

One thing from Black and White. When you try to leave the Pokèmon box the question will sometimes read "Continue box operations?" or "Do you want to turn of the PC?" Since I just absentmindedly press the same button over and over it can get pretty darn annoying.

Black and White introduced a lot of ridiculous controls.. like the fact that unlike HGSS you can't JUST use the touch screen anymore (I loved having the meny on the touch screen! C-gear? Who has that on all the time? Honestly...all it does is eat your battery. Just have the C-gear as an item or something so I can enable it when I actually need it!)

Nyeh... First official 'Joey' comment! Nyeheheheheheheheheh!

But seriously, what annoys me the most (although, even this doesn't annoy me much) is the fact that the games aren't more like the anime.

WHAT. Actually, the ANIME should be more like the games. They should've gotten rid of Ash a long time ago, when the Gold/Silver era started. Just like they do with the manga, where they always have new protagonists each season, with previous protagonists making eventual appearances. The anime nowadays is just so ridiculous and bad it's not even funny. I swear to God the dialogs of the last seasons are the most stupidest things EVER.

What I hate is the Rare Candies being so freaking expensive. I mean, 48 BP?! REALLY?! For just ONE level?! I could easily spend that time I pass battling on the subway, battling with wild Pokémon and I would go even more levels up! They do need to be expensive, around 20 BP or something, but 48?! Come on! That's nonsense!

Actually, that's not what I meant. What I meant was things like cities and town that are much smaller in the game than the anime, 3rd and (especially) 4th generation contests were nothing like the anime contests, things like that.

-The default text speed bring slow
-Some items that you need to evolve Pokemon with being so rare (Metal Coat, etc)
-Items in the Battle Frontier/Battle Subway being overpriced

Kind of a silly thing, but for me, it's all the the text you have to go through when healing at a Pokemon Centre. It's not so much that you have to go through the whole thing every time, it just gets annoying when you sometimes hit "A" again after she finishes her little speech!

This. I love how after you get a certain number of stars on your trainer card in HGSS, Joy just says, "Oh hey, Player! The usual?" But I wish she would cut her speech down after the first time you see her! There's no need to have her repeating herself all the time. We know what she does after the first time.

Having to withdraw and deposite and just dealing with the PC, it just feels tedious at times. Wish the only option in the PC with regards to doing that was simply "move Pokemon" without saving. A better system in general would be nice actually.

Not really a big deal I guess, just something trivial.

Evolution stones and items being almost non-existant to get in-game instead of being available in stores and someplace like the underground.

Not being able to run indoors. Joey never really annoyed me.

They fixed that with Gen IV and V.
What, they fixed the fact that you couldn't run indoors, or they fixed the fact that Joey never really annoyed people?

Either Brendan's hat/abnormal head tumour, or the stupid fishing minigame introduced in Gen III. I just want to fish for a Pokemon, damnit. I don't want to go through a crappy minigame that probably won't work in the first place, thank you.

Not being able to run indoors. Joey never really annoyed me.

They fixed that with Gen IV and V.
What, they fixed the fact that you couldn't run indoors, or they fixed the fact that Joey never really annoyed people?

Either Brendan's hat/abnormal head tumour, or the stupid fishing minigame introduced in Gen III. I just want to fish for a Pokemon, damnit. I don't want to go through a crappy minigame that probably won't work in the first place, thank you.

It's a hat... it was comrimed to be a knit hat awhile ago...

Yeah the fish thing is annoying

This. I love how after you get a certain number of stars on your trainer card in HGSS, Joy just says, "Oh hey, Player! The usual?" But I wish she would cut her speech down after the first time you see her! There's no need to have her repeating herself all the time. We know what she does after the first time.

Have any of you ever worked in service? You see, very often, there's this little thing called a "greeting" that they force you to repeat with every single incoming customer, until it's ground so hard into your unconscious that you start "greeting" people when you open your front door.

I'm not annoyed by Joy. I feel sorry for her.

"Do you know how to use the Phone?"
Yes mom.
"Well fuck you, I'm going to read the instructions anyway!"
:\

Have any of you ever worked in service? You see, very often, there's this little thing called a "greeting" that they force you to repeat with every single incoming customer, until it's ground so hard into your unconscious that you start "greeting" people when you open your front door.

I'm not annoyed by Joy. I feel sorry for her.

I do know what greetings are, I'm not dumb. If you didn't notice, the people at the PokeMarts do that, too. The difference is, all the people at the PokeMarts say is "Welcome to the PokeMart, how can I help you?" If they can have short greetings, why can't Joy? From what I've seen, people use the Centers more than the Marts.

I do know what greetings are, I'm not dumb. If you didn't notice, the people at the PokeMarts do that, too. The difference is, all the people at the PokeMarts say is "Welcome to the PokeMart, how can I help you?" If they can have short greetings, why can't Joy? From what I've seen, people use the Centers more than the Marts.

I never said you were. =(

And probably because her employers just want it that way. It doesn't matter if you're saying more than is necessary. Even if Joy thinks it's stupid. Even if every single Joy thinks it's a ridiculous waste of time. As long as the boss man wants it, that's what they have to say. They're probably forced to say "We hope to see you again", too, come to think of it.

Of course, I am working on the assumption that there's more to the Pokemon Center business than what we see in the games.

I feel discriminated.

Okay, yeah, this.

This is the only thing that has actually ticked me off about these games. They have the ability to do worldwide Wi Fi events, but they....choose not to? Wouldn't it be better to just allow us to have all of the same Wi Fi events, and then people would play the games more often? I have a friend who only plays B&W when he wants to have a multiplayer RPG battle (yeah, don't ask) or there's a new event Pokemon, which he then levels up. It would certainly make me play the games more, as I would have more really, really cool Pokemon to level up!

I never said you were. =(

And probably because her employers just want it that way. It doesn't matter if you're saying more than is necessary. Even if Joy thinks it's stupid. Even if every single Joy thinks it's a ridiculous waste of time. As long as the boss man wants it, that's what they have to say. They're probably forced to say "We hope to see you again", too, come to think of it.

Of course, I am working on the assumption that there's more to the Pokemon Center business than what we see in the games.

I think you just came off as if you though we weren't familiar with a simple concept, but I understand what you're trying to say. I have retail experience, and I can say that when you're saying the same repetitive phrase all day, it sometimes doesn't even sound like English anymore! I bet poor Joy says that whole thing in her sleep every night! :(

And yeah, the Japan Wi Fi events. That really annoys me, because there really is no reason why they can't let us participate, too. Not sure if it's for the sake of making the Pokemon "rarer" or not, but either way, it's annoying!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom