• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would your first Pokemon be?

Hmm. A difficult decision. There's so many I like. And Chikorita was my actual first, one I'm quite fond of...

But I'd have to say I'd want my first to either be Vulpix due to the fact that I've known of it since my childhood, and it would make sense as a first or Growlithe as it has always been a favorite of mine and a Pokemon I have used many times. Or Fennekin. Even though it's a starter and we don't know much about it, its evolution Braixen has resonated with me on such a level that it just seems like something I'd begin with and use a lot.

...Yeah, I like my fiery canines.

First pokemon should be unevolved. I want the feeling of witnessing its process of growing up, spending the journey with it from young to old and then look back and recall. I want a soulmate.

I'd pick Munchlax. It and Snorlax are both delights!

Assuming it doesn't have to be a normal starter, I'd go with Riolu.

This is a difficult choice since there is a lot of good Pokémon out there. I will probably go with a Pokémon that I am quite fond with.

I would have to choose Persian as my first Pokémon because it has been my favorite since I first found out that it existed. My second choice would be Snorlax due to its Thick Fat ability and being able to learn a wide variety of moves including Surf, Fire Blast, and Thunderbolt.

Porygon-Z makes an awesome normal-type Pokémon as well. With some choice specs, it gets sky-high special attack, and the fact that it can learn Ice Beam, Thunder and Psychic as well as Tri-Attack is a great bonus. It's definitely a Pokémon worth using at some point.

Last edited:
Probably a Cherubi. Snivy would be high on the list of candidates too; the only problem is that I don't want to end up with a giant ugly snake in my house someday.

Well, Eevee would be the obvious answer...

But I'd go with Mareep. It always had that 'starter' feeling to it, for me anyways. :v

I would start with a Zorua, they're really cute and they evolve into my favorite Pokémon. If I could choose 2, the second would be a Riolu since they're also cute and they evolve into my second favorite Pokémon.

It would depend on the region I started on;
Kanto - Ponyta from Fuchsia City
Johto - Slowpoke from Azalea Town
Hoenn - Wingull from Sootopolis City
Sinnoh - Bidoof, Manager at Hotel Grand Lake
Unova - Vanillite from Driftveil City
Kalos - Flabebe from Lumiose City

My favorite pokémon is Croagunk, but actually, I would rather get a Scrafty. I mean, what's swagger than walking self-proudly while pulling up your pants periodically?

Vulpix, Fennekin or Sylveon (well, an Eevee really but it wouldnt stay that way for long)

We probably wouldn't get far on our journey, we would be too intent on playing and cuddling <3

Before playing Y I would have said Dragonite or Gible, but since then I wouldn't mind to start with a Riolu if I couldn't have one of the other two!

I think Yanma would be a cool starter, or Seviper if it had atleast 1 evolution.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom