• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's the Most Foolish Thing You've done with a Master Ball?

Normally never use mine. It just sits there in my bag, waiting for that off chance that I find a shiny pokemon that knows Whirlwind, Roar, Teleport, etc. and thereby evade capture. That's never happened ... yet.
Back in the GSC days I used that glitch which copies pokemon and copied a bunch of Eevees with Master Balls attached. So I used those copied Master Balls to catch anything I wanted. So cheap I know ...

Groudon in Ruby when I was about 6. You can never catch anything good when you're six.

I also once used a Master Ball on a Wobbuffet in GSC, but it was a cheap copy so that didn't really matter.

I was writing a fanfic and my internet was broken, and I needed to check the Pokedex entries on Volbeat and Illumise. I couldn't be bothered getting a Volbeaet's health down so I just masterballed it. Once I'd finished writing, I saved the game without realising... I was so annoyed when I went on it again.

I think it was in blue or red, I read the discription saying nothing can escape the ball, so I had to test this myself. After I caught a pidgey, and the discription was correct, I saved...
:(
lol

Failed at cloning it in Crystal, ended up losing it, together whit my Eevee :(

well, that's what ou get for not closing well ;) jk. happened to me too, but not a masterball...I tried to clone my lvl 87 typhlosion in gold, turned the games off wrong, and lost the typhlosion and rattata i was trading it for...it was holding a moon stone...

I've got it sitting in my bag. I'm clearly never going to use it.

Of course in Blue I just Missingno'ed up a bunch of them...

i've never even ATTEMPTED cloning in GS, cause I know it will provide disasterous results.

In Crystal, I threw it at a Lv.24 Gligar. Of course, that was years upon years ago.

When I was younger I used my Master Ball on the Suicune in Crystal (where you meet it at Level 40 in the Tin Tower - so dumb!) I later realized it would have been much smarter for me to save it for one of the other two "Legendary Dogs" or whatever they're called...

Small Karuna-tan sees a Raikou. Small Karuna-tan has a master ball. After that incident, small Karuna-tan didn't have the master ball anymore. That's the last time I used master ball - after that, I've been able to catch about everything (including the legendaries) by balls you can buy from marts. So yes, the most foolish thing I've done with it has been the thing that I used it.

Catching Dialga with it. I was kicking myself in the ass when I found out about Mesprit and Cresselia... And now I have two extra Master Balls for that shiny Beldum that I'm never going to find now that I'm prepared.

my cousin used one on a kricketune, he was so proud of it, I had to break it to him that it was a very common pokemon :D

..I once tried to steal a trainer's Milotic with it in Emerald... T_T

cathing a leval 50 heatran after it in the red and use 50 ultra balls then a master ball and saved wasting all those Balls

Tossed it away in Emerald. Srsly, I didn't know what the toss function used to do, so yeah.

Catching a PINECO >_<.

for some reason I had the hardest time finding one in my Silver game, when I finally found one it kept escaping the Pokeballs I threw at it, and I absentmindedly threw the Masterball at it. The saddest thing is I didn't even realize it until AFTERWARDS what I'd done.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom