• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

whats your favorite pokemon in the 5th gen.

Shandela without a doubt that thing is awesome but it's first forum is awesome as well.

Wargle is probably my favorite Isshu Pokemon at the moment. D8 American Eagle for the win, man.

Let's see... Pokabu, Chaobu, and Enbuoh are awesome. Zorua and Zoroark as well, as is Sazandra. Tabunne is also adorable. Oh, and Zekrom. Mecha Dragon? Fuck yeah.

And ooh, ooh! Victini! Psychic/Fire! ;A; I've wanted one ever since Yellow version! Now I finally have onnnneeeeee! -cries tears of joy-

I think I like all the Isshu Pokemon, though. D8 Probably my second favorite group now, right after Hoenn.

Spr_5b_564.png
Spr_b_g5_564.png
Spr_5b_564_s.png
Spr_b_g5_564_s.png

Purotoga, the lovable leatherback. It has a fairly bad defensive type combo, but that's nothing a few Curses can't fix. And who needs speed when you have Aqua Jet? Plus, it just looks so cool. Both fossils were nice this gen, but I like this one the best out of the two.

Also...

Spr_5b_518.png
Spr_b_g5_518.png
Spr_5b_518_s.png
Spr_b_g5_518_s.png

Musharna, aka Drowzee shows its feminine side. There are plenty of bulky psychics in Gen V, but Musharna shows up so early in the game it became the one I stuck with the most, even if it's not exactly a powerhouse. Sleep abuse and Trick Room are its favorite nap time toys, and it's great for catching wild 'mons.

Last edited:
Mine is Shinbora- the flying/psychic pokemon. I love my shinbora because it's actually kind of overpowered, especially at the time you get it and to me, it's the strongest flying pokemon in the game. Actually I have 7 badges right now and I still have yet to find a flying pokemon as powerful as shinbora.

Otherwise, I also like my starter, and that dark/fighting pokemon. I'm also looking forward to my fire/ghost pokemon hitting his final evolution as he will be a powerhouse too. Oh wait, I think that one might be a she... anyway, there are some really strong ghost pokemon in this game. I'm having a tough time deciding which ghost pokemon I should raise.

Miju ^___^ I love alot of 5th gen 'mons but Miju is the best.

I really like a lot of them, and my favorite changes nearly every week. For now though I'll say Victini is my favorite.

I have a hard time thinking of favorites, so instead heres a top 5 sort of list after thinking about it for a while.

Spr_5b_528.png

Kokoromori
Spr_5b_530.png

Doryuuzu
Spr_5b_637.png

Urugamoth
Spr_5b_560.png

Zuruzukin
547.png

Erufuun

I have a slightly odd taste in Pokemon...

Hihidaruma for me. I loved the flaming dahrma baboon ever since it was first revealed. It was a pleasant surprise that it has some nice base stats, too. They did really well with it's pre-evolution, Darumakka. I just want to use it as a pillow.

Now, if only I could find an animated sprite of it....

Hihidaruma for me. I loved the flaming dahrma baboon ever since it was first revealed. It was a pleasant surprise that it has some nice base stats, too. They did really well with it's pre-evolution, Darumakka. I just want to use it as a pillow.

Now, if only I could find an animated sprite of it....

Ironically, I hated Hihidaruma when he was announced.
I was like
"WHY DO YOU EXIIIIIST"

Now I love him though.

Anyway, I'll give favorites based on preferences.

Favorite Starter: Jalorda
Favorite Water Pokemon: Futachimaru
Favorite Fire Type: Hihidaruma
Favorite Grass type: Yanakkie
Favorite Dragon: Sazandra
Favorite Bird: Kenhorou
Favorite Rock Type: Gigaith
Favorite Fighting type: Zuruggu
Favorite Ice Type: Tsunbear
Favorite Ghost Type: Goruggo
Favorite Electric Type: Shibirudon
Favorite Psychic Type: Ranculus
Favorite Dark Type: Kirikizan
Favorite Ground Type: Waruvial
Favorite Bug Type: Pendra
Favorite Normal type: Murando
Favorite Legendary: Zekrom
Favorite out of nowhere: Kokoromori

Favorite overall: ...Yabukuron

The little trash stole my heart D:

Jaroda, Sazandra and Wargle are my favorite Gen V Pokemon. The list extends to Brijion and Reshiram if I count Legendaries.

These are actually the only Gen V Pokemon I like currently. I just can't seem to get into the rest of them. The zebra and stag are pretty cool I guess, but I don't like them near as much as the top five or near as much as I like most of the Gen I-IV Pokemon.

It's not that Gen V has badly designed Pokemon or that they're running out of ideas or anything, I just can't get into most of them.

Well, my favoritrs are mijumaru's, monozu's and zorua's lines.
Aaken and its evolution are great too, and lately i've been getting to like emonga more and more, i've basically told yyou my team minus one, that i can't get to remember right now, i'm such a bad trainer for forgetting it :p ...

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom