• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

I don't like the fact that most pokemon that you receive in wonder trade are mostly eevees, bunnelby's or some random level 1 pokemon you can easily catch in Santalune forest.

I've never encountered one of those Pokemon yet. Odd.

Anyways, I love using it to find IV bred Pokemon. Especially when they have 4+ useful ones. It helps a ton with breeding!

I don't like the fact that most pokemon that you receive in wonder trade are mostly eevees, bunnelby's or some random level 1 pokemon you can easily catch in Santalune forest.

Really? Lately I've been noticing less people sending out Pokemon from Santalune forest. (I don't mind the people who send out Eevees.) From now on, when I get a really common Pokemon, I think I'm going to evolve it and send it out instead of just releasing it. I figure that might at least make someone happy.

A couple of weeks back:
I sent out a baby Ghastly and came back with a Bronzor! Too bad it wasn't with Levitate, but hey, it's got Heatproof! ;)
I also sent out another baby pokemon (forgot what it was) and got myself a baby Zorua, and it's got Illusion. :)

Yesterday:
Sent out a baby Teddiursa, a baby Smoochum, and another baby (again, forgot what it was) and all three returned with 2 Carbinks and a Scatterbug. Seriously?? >:E

A couple of weeks back:
I sent out a baby Ghastly and came back with a Bronzor! Too bad it wasn't with Levitate, but hey, it's got Heatproof! ;)
I also sent out another baby pokemon (forgot what it was) and got myself a baby Zorua, and it's got Illusion. :)

Yesterday:
Sent out a baby Teddiursa, a baby Smoochum, and another baby (again, forgot what it was) and all three returned with 2 Carbinks and a Scatterbug. Seriously?? >:E
If you're lucky that scatterbug is from a different region and you'll get a new form. I just use wonder trade for the miles and lotto ID's.

Last edited:
A couple of weeks back:

Yesterday:

The baby zorua might have been me! XD I was breeding for a shiny zorua at the time.

I've never encountered one of those Pokemon yet. Odd.

Anyways, I love using it to find IV bred Pokemon. Especially when they have 4+ useful ones. It helps a ton with breeding!

Pretty much all of my IV-bred Pokémon have come from some Wonder Traded Pokémon in some fashion. Wonder Trade is amazing!

I am sending all my Friend Safari Dittos without Impostor or 3 or more IV perfect. I hope this help some people with breed, like a Ditto from Wonder Trade help me early in the game.

Traded off a Lv.1 Trace Ralts and got . . . a Lv.1 Synchronize Ralts. Also got two Charmanders, but I don't need them.

I got freaking ZYGARDE on Wonder Trade O___O
I got it on my first round on wonder trade today...It's from Japan. Caught in GreatBall and has a Champion ribbon.

But now I'm abit worried that it could be hacked :/ Has someone been able to hack Pokemon on the 3DS already? Except the dude who hacked the Event-Legendaries?

EDIT: It's legit! :)

Last edited:
I got it on my first round on wonder trade today...It's from Japan. Caught in GreatBall and has a Champion ribbon.

But now I'm abit worried that it could be hacked :/ Has someone been able to hack Pokemon on the 3DS already? Except the dude who hacked the Event-Legendaries?

No, it's almost certainly genuine.
At a guess, it could have been in someone's Wonderlocke challenge or something and it died.

No, it's almost certainly genuine.
At a guess, it could have been in someone's Wonderlocke challenge or something and it died.

Ah, I see. Well what a relief then! Thanks! :)

According to Serebii, anything with the blue hexagon (pentagon? Whatever) before the IV markers/after the shiny star is a legitimate pokemon. That's what the game uses to confirm mons as legit.

According to Serebii, anything with the blue hexagon (pentagon? Whatever) before the IV markers/after the shiny star is a legitimate pokemon. That's what the game uses to confirm mons as legit.

I completely forgot about the hexagon thing -_-'
Checked it and it is indeed a blue hexagon mark there. Which means it legit. Thanks! :) I guess I just got very lucky today then :)

Huh? Seems like a weird feature. I mean...Again, I'm still questioning how the game can tell a non-legit one anyway, outside of the "obvious" parameters (Location, caught level, EVs/IVs, ID/SID/Shininess Combo, etc).

Huh? Seems like a weird feature. I mean...Again, I'm still questioning how the game can tell a non-legit one anyway, outside of the "obvious" parameters (Location, caught level, EVs/IVs, ID/SID/Shininess Combo, etc).

There's probably more to a pokemons data than what the game makes visible to us.

Recently I tried doing the "Your Mom" Wonder Trade challenge (i.e.: Nickname a female fat pokemon "Your Mom" and hold it a Burn Heal, then WT it.), and I sent a Hariyama. Guess what I got in return! Bunnelb-NOPE, JOKES, I got a Gastly. :p

I find that wonder trading is extremely useful for freeing up space in your PC. Don't like the cheap filler Pokemon that you caught? Wonder trade it! You might get something special, you might not. And if you don't, you could always release it. It's always a fun thing to trade-gamble, in a sense, in hopes of getting something at least remotely better than what you have currently.

I agree. Unless some Japanese trolls you with a bunny or a hacker sends you a corrupted egg.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've wondered about that, because it seems to be set for every Pokemon I've seen and traded.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom