• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Pokémon

on this id have to say 1 thing fricken lapras i mean cmon it takes forever to lvl and once it does get good moves its practically useless because your most likely through the pokemon league already and theres really nothing else to do if you dont feel like completing a certain game fully and even in the anime it was worthless it just sucks this would be one of those pokemon i would classify as a "tm user" because if you are going to use it you most likely will invest tm's/hm's into it and it takes too much work to use its horrible even then its bad cause it ridiculously slow

on this id have to say 1 thing fricken lapras i mean cmon it takes forever to lvl and once it does get good moves its practically useless because your most likely through the pokemon league already and theres really nothing else to do if you dont feel like completing a certain game fully and even in the anime it was worthless it just sucks this would be one of those pokemon i would classify as a "tm user" because if you are going to use it you most likely will invest tm's/hm's into it and it takes too much work to use its horrible even then its bad cause it ridiculously slow
lolwut

You can get this thing in Silph. Co in Kanto, and its actually at a fairly decent level, if my memory is correct. Its very bulky, and has decent attack power and an okay movepool. Hell, it even gets Thunderbolt, which is not a very common move for a Water-type.

And you could use periods, you know.

Oh. Still, its not the worst Pokemon by any means. The worst Pokemon in GSC in my opinion would have to be Unown. I mean, seriously.

And in game Smeargle generally cant do anything for the most part. Especially before double battles were introduced.

@torkoal96
How is the fourth gym badge (when you get Surf) so late in the game? At that point, all you have to do is go back to Union Cave. Morty's Pokemon were at their 20's at that time as well, and the Lapras is at level 20. As for the good move? You did just use Surf to get to it. Level up not required to get a good move.

Pretty early for such a good Pokemon and a powerful move.
Wurmple. It can only evolve by the use of rare candies (at level 7, which if you caught it in RSE, you probably wouldn't be able to find a rare candy that early in the game), and not into very worthwhile Pokemon Silcoon/Cascoon, though they do evolve into Beautifly/Dustox. In fact, Wurmple's stats are even lower than a Magikarp's, amazingly enough. Even grass-types don't have too much difficulty defeating a Wurmple.
I do begin to wonder if this is a case of complaining about something you've never used. It's no more difficult than Caterpie.

actually i have used it and it is a big pain to use unless you are going to teach it ice beam and surf

I am now realizing i am dumb now because i said lapras when i should have said dratini and by late in the game how is after the 8th gym

Last edited by a moderator:
Saying Dratini is useless is even worse. That sucker is a pseudo legendary, and it may be a bit hard to train in game, but still. That thing is tough when it evolves.

I hate dratini i have never liked it every time i have used it it has not helped me at all

I do begin to wonder if this is a case of complaining about something you've never used. It's no more difficult than Caterpie.

No, I did have a Wurmple, in RSE. I found it more difficult than Caterpie, as a matter of fact, however, it could possibly boil down to the fact that I was an impatient trainer at the time, and I never really cared for the thing initially, so I never got anywhere with the Pokemon even during training. I played RSE before RBY, so perhaps that could be it.

I also preferred Caterpie's speed, albeit he slightly lacks the offence and defence, to Wurmple's.

Last edited:
People say that Bibarel sucks because they dont like its design. Its honestly better than any other early Normal-type, if you ask me.

MAGIKARP AND SUNKERN ARE ADORABLE. SO IS SHUCKLE. LEAVE THEM ALONE.

No, but seriously, I don't like the Unown populace. Interesting concept, buut they are kind of useless. Not a fan of the Basculin, Alomola, Durant, Heatmor, or Bibarel. With the exception of Bibarel, if the rest got pre-evolutions or evolutions, I might like them more. I'm also not crazy about Chansey or Blissey. They aren't useless though, as they are killers when it comes to HP (and I think defense). But I could never get one cause I really don't like their appearance, although I just ADORE Happiny. <33

actually now that i think deeper into pokemon dont you guys think that electrike kinda is bad

actually now that i think deeper into pokemon dont you guys think that electrike kinda is bad

If it didn't evolve into Manectric it would be bad. It's pretty cool looking and stuff though, so I don't see much wrong with it. What makes you say it's bad?

Manetric is awesome. I dont know what makes half the people on this thread think a certain Pokemon is bad.

I am sayin electrike is bad because it takes forever to get up to manectric which i am a fan of but electrike i hate lvling up because when you can first get them i think at like lvl 12-3 around there they dont have good movesets so what else are you supposed to do other than put the exp share on it i mean yes its evolution is good but lvling to to its evolution is kinda a pain

Burmy. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? it got no shape.

now that i agree with you on what were the designers thinking

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom