• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Would you name your kid after a Pokemon?

I would never do that, I wouldn't want to be responsible for a child having to be teased in school for having a weird name. No Pokemon names would sound good at all for a real name. Imagine naming a child... well any Pokemon names. pure embarrassment for life. I would name my child after a Harry Potter character, but I wouldn't make it a weird one like "Draco" or anything, just normal sounding names. Pokemon would be pushing it.

Only Aron and Roselia sounds realistic to me. Others are laughable.
Just spare your child from embarrassment. Eevee sounds kind of okay too.

Oh god. Leave those names to pets. Wouldn't it be cool to have a cat named Gyarados?

I once heard of a cat named "Charmander." See, it's cute for a cat, but please leave the kids out of it.

Can't we all just agree that this is a very bad idea?

Hey, how about we pick any realistic ones?

Aron, Roselia, Kirlia, Phione... anything else? Not that I'm actually going to name my kid that way, but I'm still curious.

Attack Forme Deoxys? lol

You could possibly get away with Cleffa, Illumise, Cresselia or Meloetta for a girl, since they are probably unheard of to someone that doesnt play Pokemon. Thankfully, I havent had my brain surgically removed.

When I was younger I was jealous of my sister cuz she had 2 middle names so I wanted my 2nd middle name to be Pikachu. XD

Umm... I think Roselia, and Meoletta are pretty. Aron obviously is a real name.

Only Aron and Roselia sounds realistic to me. Others are laughable.
Just spare your child from embarrassment. Eevee sounds kind of okay too.
Eevee actually does sound like a legitimate name (or like a legitimate nickname).
Hey, how about we pick any realistic ones?

Aron, Roselia, Kirlia, Phione... anything else? Not that I'm actually going to name my kid that way, but I'm still curious.
Phione actually makes alot of sense, sounding like a shortening of Fiona. I don't know about Kirlia though.
Attack Forme Deoxys? lol

You could possibly get away with Cleffa, Illumise, Cresselia or Meloetta for a girl, since they are probably unheard of to someone that doesnt play Pokemon. Thankfully, I havent had my brain surgically removed.
When I was younger I was jealous of my sister cuz she had 2 middle names so I wanted my 2nd middle name to be Pikachu. XD

Umm... I think Roselia, and Meoletta are pretty. Aron obviously is a real name.
Meloetta might work. I dunno about Illumise or Cresselia though.

YEAH, I'LL NAME MY KID ULGAMOTH. BEST NAME EVAR.

Last edited:
No but I knew this kid who convinced his parents to name his sister Eevee. They didn't know until it was on the birth certificate.

No but I knew this kid who convinced his parents to name his sister Eevee. They didn't know until it was on the birth certificate.

OMG so for real? The girl's name is officially Eevee? What were the parents' response when they knew it was a pokemon name?

OMG you know it I am totally naming my first born daughter Jynx mmmmmhmmmm

okay but seriously no I would not I wouldn't want my Kid to go through the teasing and all that Jazz

OMG so for real? The girl's name is officially Eevee? What were the parents' response when they knew it was a pokemon name?

The girl's name is, in fact, Eevee. They were kind of annoyed I think, but they kept it.

I would, but then classmates and teachers would throw various metallic balls at my offspring, hoping for him/her to somehow get trapped inside TT^TT

Oh course! Who wouldn't want their kid to be named Purugly or Bulbasaur? In fact, I'll name my first child Giratina Origin Forme. It just rolls off the tongue.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom