• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Obligatory as a pretentious member of the 'intelligentsia': classical and jazz.
Yet, I also have a penchant for certain kinds of rock - one or two punk bands, even - and various kinds of lighter metal, especially Scandinavian symphonic metal, goodness yes.
And anyone who doesn't love Alestorm-style pirate metal will never maximise their potential for awesomeness. How tragic.
Occasionally I like other things, though. Seconding the love for steampunk gimmick bands~

You two better be careful or else you might get shipped :p

It was inevitable; other online friends of mine are at work doing so at this very moment. They ship me with everyone who uses words of four or more syllables though, so this is entirely unremarkable. xD

It was inevitable; other online friends of mine are at work doing so at this very moment. They ship me with everyone who uses words of four or more syllables though, so this is entirely unremarkable. xD

Oh good, so I can start writing that fic now :lol:

I'm a diehard rap fan. The old school stuff though, not today's garbage. Old school was SO much better.

Yeah, I don't think I'll win anything either. I'm honored to have even got nominated though. It doesn't matter, cause if I win, then that'll be awesome and it'll inspire me to write more and update more frequently and put more effort into the chapters and stuff (not that I don't put in effort, but more than usual). But even if I don't win anything, that's ok too, because that'll just inspire me to work harder and do everything I was gonna do anyways even if I won.

It's a win-win situation really. I just wouldn't get the satisfaction of winning an award if I you know, lose :p

I think I may even be able to post a chapter of my fic by this weekend. Stay tuned!! :)

Oh good, so I can start writing that fic now :lol:

You are a terrible person! (I actually chuckled~)

A terrible, horrible, rotten, no-good person. Ayup, that sounds about right :-D

Feliciano, I will write lemons. >:3

Lugion: I desire to attain utmost and peerless quality, like no alternative individual bore remote resemblance to throughout the annals of history. To construe lexemes of legendary substance is my material endeavour, to impart them to peoples of lesser linguistic ability is my raison d'etre.

Unremarkable? I'm nothing special to you? D:

And lemons, @unrepentantAuthor;... lemons? I've written grape, biatches! Not afraid to do so again! And I own no shame, so I might just appear in such a story myself :p

Lugion: I desire to attain utmost and peerless quality, like no alternative individual bore remote resemblance to throughout the annals of history. To construe lexemes of legendary substance is my material endeavour, to impart them to peoples of lesser linguistic ability is my raison d'etre.

lol, you said "annals"... *immature giggling*

I must quickly insert my own opinion before the topic veers too far from music: I LOVE ALL MUSIC. From the Caesars to Armin van Buuren, Led Zeppelin to The Goo Goo Dolls, Two Steps From Hell to Beethoven, Phantogram, Avantasia, Depeche Mode, The Mayan Factor, Porter Robinson, Pendulum, Avicii, Incubus, Madeon, the Gorillaz, and I'm just getting started! I probably listen to any and all electronica more than anything else, since I get so little of it from my friends or the radio (and it's what I make), so if anyone wants to start an argument on whether or not electronic music is boring/repetitive/unimaginative/lame/etc, then come at me. I'm ready to tangle.

@AetherX; Electronica. I approve.

When it comes to music... well, to list some: Florence + the Machine, Apocalyptica, Ally Kerr, Enya, Cat Stevens, ABBA, The Fray, Imogen Heap, Briskeby, Kelly Clarkson, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Kurt Nilsen, Teitur, Moddi, Lily Allen, Maroon 5, Ludovico Einaudi, Muse, Queen (duh), Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Emilie Autumn, Owl City, Pet Shop Boys, REM, Coldplay, Travis, Robbie Williams... and so on. Haven't even mentioned all the classical music I'm keeping, and a ton of Norwegian bands. And some foreign-speaking bands. Have a few Japanese singers and bands in particular I really like listening to!

Here's a personal Top 10 for artists (who aren't instrumental only), if anyone should be curious - with links to a favorite song

- Sissel Kyrkjebø (wonderful, wonderful Norwegian singer. Watch the video, it's gorgeous)
- Simon & Garfunkel (Mrs. Robinson is one of my favorite songs ever)
- Coldplay (the favorite. Ever)
- Teitur (beautiful. Soothing. Enough said)
- Moddi (another pearl from Norway. Listen, enjoy)
- Lia (I've shared this a thousand times, and I will share it a thousand times over. Lia is the best Japan has produced in terms of music... maybe next to Kokia >.<)
- Cat Stevens (god... this nostalgia. It tears me up. Also fantastic music)
- R.E.M (this. Just. Masterpeice)
- Enya (this is just too great, it's impossible to choose one Enya song)
- Imogen Heap (tell me you don't like Imogen and I'll smack you in your cahonies.. or any female equivalent)

When it comes to instrumental artists, check out these:
Zoe Keating (contrabass player who uses loop boxing to create fantastic and rich music - listen!)
Ludovico Einaudi (wonderful piano/string/ambience music.)
Yann Tiersen (his music is incredibly eclectic and evocative. Check out the soundtrack album from the movie "Amelie", which he composed - actually, see the movie, it's wonderful, the music is delightful, just... that feel-good feel)
Mark Deutsch (invented a cross between sitar and contrabass, called a bazantar. The soundscape from that instrument is unlike anything I've ever heard)

Usually I like ranking songs individually, as often there's one song from an artist that's extremely good (such as the marvel that is Praan), without the artist/band being outstanding. But I've linked to enough now... :p

Back
Top Bottom