• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Dub Voice Actors

Status
Not open for further replies.
People still aren't over the TPCi voices? o_O

Not to be rude but just because someone prefers the older voices doesn't mean they're "not over" the dub change. No one is entitled to accept every change that goes their way.

There's a difference between preferring old voices and wanting or expecting the old VAs to come back.

Nobody actually expects the old ones to come back, and there's nothing wrong with wanting them back, either.
Just like there's nothing wrong with liking the new voices and wanting them to stay.

Not to be rude but just because someone prefers the older voices doesn't mean they're "not over" the dub change. No one is entitled to accept every change that goes their way.

There's a difference between preferring old voices and wanting or expecting the old VAs to come back.

Nobody actually expects the old ones to come back, and there's nothing wrong with wanting them back, either.
Just like there's nothing wrong with liking the new voices and wanting them to stay.

Whoever said there was anything wrong with it?

I don't care who get's cast I just want the new series to start.

I Have No Idea why but I Thought Eli James would be a Good Professor Sycamore or something but who knows
Nicholas DiMichele NEEDS TO RETURN HERE.

Let me say this; It is completely justified to have wants and expectations. These things are part of what drives progress in human life. I for one do not hesitate that at all nor concern myself with doubtful peers. I'm going to be blunt; I want Veronica Taylor to voice Ash. And let me put it this way; I expect the company to do as any profitable company meaning ultimately attempt to do whatever they feel generates the most viewer interest at the lowest customer turnover. In something with so much diverse potential as Pokemon, I expect virtually nothing to be off the table. It leads nowhere to first consider whether or not Veronica will return before first understanding she may return.

If Veronica Taylor DID come back as Ash, Sarah Natochenny wouldn't have to leave.
She could stay, but voice a different character if she really wanted to stay. I don't find her bad/or hate her,
I just want Veronica to come back, because what happened to her role wasn't right in the first place, that's all.

If Veronica Taylor DID come back as Ash, Sarah Natochenny wouldn't have to leave.
She could stay, but voice a different character if she really wanted to stay. I don't find her bad/or hate her,
I just want Veronica to come back, because what happened to her role wasn't right in the first place, that's all.

But then Sarah would be in Veronica's position (voicing the protagonist for 8 years and then being suddenly replaced). Changing back is just as bad as changing in the first place, and would probably just encourage more changing in the future.

Let me say this; It is completely justified to have wants and expectations. These things are part of what drives progress in human life. I for one do not hesitate that at all nor concern myself with doubtful peers. I'm going to be blunt; I want Veronica Taylor to voice Ash. And let me put it this way; I expect the company to do as any profitable company meaning ultimately attempt to do whatever they feel generates the most viewer interest at the lowest customer turnover. In something with so much diverse potential as Pokemon, I expect virtually nothing to be off the table. It leads nowhere to first consider whether or not Veronica will return before first understanding she may return.

I can say honestly without fear of contradiction that Veronica, Eric and Rachael will not return to do any voice work on Pokemon. You can always argue otherwise going forward, but so far, those arguments have amounted to nothing more than hypothetical theories, every single turn of the season over the past 7+ years, the status quo remains in terms of lead voice overs for for returning main characters. You said it yourself that you expect TPCI to do what is in its best business interest. Clearly that interest includes retaining the voice-over talent they have right now, and not hiring back those whom they consider destructive to the business. I'll explain in a nutshell.

Bottom line is that contrary to what some people believe, the voice over talent pool is not comprised of celebrities. Furthermore, they work behind an animation screen, so not to many people know them by face, and slightly more know them by name (due to credits). The only VA I know of to come even close to celebrity status is Vic Mignogna (whom I personally think should voice Clemont). So companies like TPCI/DuArt can freely cast whom they chose with little consequence from consumers. So on the one hand, you have loyal dedicated people working on the show now and are considered assets to the company while on the other hand you have former VAs under 4Kids who did this and even to this date have shown absolutely no remorse. So yeah, don't expect TPCI/DUArt to hire talent they consider liabilities to do work for them.

But then Sarah would be in Veronica's position (voicing the protagonist for 8 years and then being suddenly replaced). Changing back is just as bad as changing in the first place, and would probably just encourage more changing in the future.

Changing to someone else would be wrong, but not giving the role back to the original actor.

The cast change did not need to happen in the first place, the only reason they did it was to save money, not because it actually improved the quality of the dub.

Changing to someone else would be wrong, but not giving the role back to the original actor.

The cast change did not need to happen in the first place, the only reason they did it was to save money, not because it actually improved the quality of the dub.

Ash belongs to Sarah just as much as Veronica, it's completely unfair and unjustified to just steal the character back.

It shouldn't have happened because voices should be consistent, sure, but we have an equally decent dub right now that doesn't ever need to change.

Joke here but Nicholas DiMichele as Professr Sycamore, Pokedex, or a Rival.

If they recast Ash again, they should just go ahead and give him a male voice already. Last time Veronica was in the role, she deepened his voice considerably, and when Sarah took over it got even deeper. It's time for it to break. All in favor of Johnny Yong Bosch?

On a more serious note, Michele Knotz could make a decent Serena. Assuming Serena's a decent character to begin with.

People can prefer 4 kids, but don't hide from the fact that this thread has turned into a 4 kids appreciation thread

It's been 7 years and we are still getting responses like this

Last edited:
I want Jamie McGonnigal to be Clemont! He can use Trip's chilling voice.

But with a higher pitch? Right? Otherwise I would go for Brian Hovland or Matthew Charles, because they voice Soren and Rocko respectively, and they sound as good as Clemont's.

It's been 7 years and we are still getting responses
like this

It's been 7 years and the dub still isn't up to par. Your point?

..Jamie McGonnigal would be great as Clemont, Tara Strong will never be Bonnie, maybe J Michael Tatum can come back as that mysterious guy with the Mega Blaziken.

like this

Up to par? do you watch re runs of battle frontier all day or something, because it's most certainly up to par.

And btw, i preferred 4 kids dubbed, but calling TPCI's dub not up to par is a direct insult to it's va's and it's flat out false.

like this

Up to par? do you watch re runs of battle frontier all day or something, because it's most certainly up to par.

And btw, i preferred 4 kids dubbed, but calling TPCI's dub not up to par is a direct insult to it's va's and it's flat out false.

I've watched every single TPCi dub episode up to, and including, The Fires of a Red Hot Reunion, and they're still average at best. If needed, I can provide examples.

I should've never mention Veronica Taylor, How the hell did this turn into a 4kids vs TPCi argument?

Can a mod come and lock this thread please?

I should've never mention Veronica Taylor, How the hell did this turn into a 4kids vs TPCi argument?

Can a mod come and lock this thread please?

I wouldn't blame yourself. This was bound to happen regardless of what you said. I would be willing to give this thread another chance, but it has devolved into a 4Kids vs. TPCI argument nd quite frankly, we've had enough of that debate over the years. Since you requested it and I don't see the discussion improving at this point, I'll go ahead and close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom