• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY139: Farewell Satoshi Gekkouga! Xerosicy's Counterattack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp I guess if Ash greninja oaks its powers it shows the gamefreak have no intention of making it a game mechanic in gen 7/

Except that's not what it is, if you'd actually pay attention to the meaning behind it.
Do tell, unless your argument boilds down to the marvelous bond between Ash and Greninja that makes it more special than the rest of his Pokemon.

I'm the only one that thought Xerosic wasn't defeated. All he did was fall down a trap in the gym!

I don't want the end of Ash Greninja, I want him a rematch with Alain, where Ash can get a win out of him instead of staying 0-3.

This is probably a reason for them writers to dump Greninja in the lawn at the laboratory. Greninja won't like that!

Xerosic give up, Team Flare is defeated, the Zygarde cores are many miles away now, the lab is demolished, Malva is disbanding Team Flare and Malva is going to turn herself in, and you're going to jail very soon where you'll be executed.

I honestly don't really care that Ash-Greninja loosing it's power because it wasn't really explained well and it doesn't have that huge of a role in the final battle. So I think I might be one of the few people who doesn't really care that much about it.

Do tell, unless your argument boilds down to the marvelous bond between Ash and Greninja that makes it more special than the rest of his Pokemon.

Well, yeah, because that's the simple explanation, minus the thing about its bond with it being stronger than the bond between his other Pokemon then no, they both just have a strong bond and Greninja has a special form. This whole thing has most likely been devised ever since the first episode where Ash first met Froakie. With the logic of the Bond Phenomenon being plot armour, then you might as well call most positive things that happen in Ash and his friends' journey plot armour and that's just stupid.

Anime Exclusive Powerup is Exclusive... Lets be real though, it would have made no sense to see this form translated to the games, it's called Ash-Greninja/Satoshi-Gekkouga for a reason.

With that being said... damn, still an entire arc practically wasted in a heartbeat all because Ash needed something to look tough in the league and make Alain's Charizard look even better

So first, Ash lost the finals. Secondly, the Sun and Moon anime trailer has had everyone unsettled about the plot and the animation...then it's Serena's farewell that could end up with no Amourshipping and now...Ash-Greninja could possibly be over?! They've just destroyed everything that's extremely good about XYZ...

A special form that made for the anime as evidenced by its very appearance, even if it ends up being carried over to the games. Most "positive things" in the anime aren't so blatantly convenient.
That's just because the writers chose to add that in, due to Ash and Greninja's strong bond. If they never had a special bond from the episode that Froakie was captured, then I would agree, but this has probably been planed for a while and original concepts don't mean its a plot armour.

then it's Serena's farewell that could end up with no Amourshipping and now

Despite my dislike for shipping, there has nothing that has stated that there won't be any "Amourshipping" moments.

So first, Ash lost the finals. Secondly, the Sun and Moon anime trailer has had everyone unsettled about the plot and the animation...then it's Serena's farewell that could end up with no Amourshipping and now...Ash-Greninja could possibly be over?! They've just destroyed everything that's extremely good about XYZ...
Welcome to the Pokemon Anime, where dreams never become reality. We hope you enjoy your stay : )

I don't even understand what the point of Ash-Greninja was...if it was an extreme power, it should have won to Charizard. If it was the hope saviour of the Kalos region, then why did it pretty much do nothing to save the Kalos region? Now it's disappearing. Was it just to the way of the Z-Moves/ give fans more hope of a victory? Otherwise, IMO, what a waste.

I don't even understand what the point of Ash-Greninja was...if it was an extreme power, it should have won to Charizard. If it was the hope saviour of the Kalos region, then why did it pretty much do nothing to save the Kalos region? Now it's disappearing. Was it just to the way of the Z-Moves/ give fans more hope of a victory? Otherwise, IMO, what a waste.

What about Ash-Greninja also sensing where Chespie was inside the Megalith and a normal Water Shuriken from a normal Greninja might not have been able to pierce the Megalith, allowing the others to know where Chespie was.

Trust me, I've been here since the start. I wasn't expecting this much of a kick in the balls.
Not the way I panned it out, but it's going about the route I expected it to go... Can't blame people for not liking it though

What about Ash-Greninja also sensing where Chespie was inside the Megalith and a normal Water Shuriken from a normal Greninja might not have been able to pierce the Megalith, allowing the others to know where Chespie was.
That's why I said: "Pretty much nothing." Apart, from that, it was just...there. Maybe defeating Mega-Gyrados? It didn't really do much there apart from one hit.

Hey, at least Ash-Greninja took out two Mega Grass Pokemon, there's a shout out to all the Type Advantages mean nothing group
That's why I said: "Pretty much nothing." Apart, from that, it was just...there. Maybe defeating Mega-Gyrados? It didn't really do much there apart from one hit.
Pikachu was the closer against Lysandre... it took out both of his Pokemon

Well I personally wouldn't call allowing the others to know where Chespie was, in order to rescue it, which took the Mega Evolution energy that Chespie had absorbed away from the Megalith, momentarily stopping it from destroying the whole world pretty much nothing. Even small things can help out in a big way later on and despite Ash losing to Alain, Ash-Greninja helped Ash to reach a placement in a Pokemon League that he's never achieved before.

I agree with you 100%. I greatly enjoyed Ash-Greninja and thought it was developed really well. However, the development turned out to not mean anything in the end. We already saw how Ash and Greninja lost to Alain and Charizard twice before, so you think after perfecting the form, Ash would know Alain's strategy by now while Alain would be caught off guard on how to adapt to the new form. But nope, Charizard still wins when it had nothing to gain doing so, while Greninja winning would have proven that all of that development was worth it in the end. It was also upstepped by Zygarde Complete during the climax of the Team Flare arc, but that's not as bad.

I feel like Ash-Greninja even existed was due to Greninja's popularity. With him being the favorite Kalos starter, having a playable appearance in Smash 4, and Ash already using a Froakie, it made sense to promote the frog more. And what better way to do that then give Ash's Greninja this mysterious form change? It got a lot of people excited, myself included, and made me want to use a Greninja in the games much more than before. But I feel like that's the extent of Ash-Greninja. In my opinion, it was just there to make Grenija more marketable and seem like a very powerful Pokemon, and it worked for the most part. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last we see of the Bond Phenomenon, as it seems like it was designed to be Ash's answer to Mega Evolution. I would like the concept to resurface in the future though, as it would be really cool to see in a main series game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom