• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY139: Farewell Satoshi Gekkouga! Xerosicy's Counterattack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I personally wouldn't call allowing the others to know where Chespie was, in order to rescue it, which took the Mega Evolution energy that Chespie had absorbed away from the Megalith, momentarily stopping it from destroying the whole world pretty much nothing. Even small things can help out in a big way later on and despite Ash losing to Alain, Ash-Greninja helped Ash to reach a placement in a Pokemon League that he's never achieved before.
Maybe, Olympia could have used her own Future Sight to see where Chespie was, or just get Luxary to use it's vision/ Noviern to use it's super-sonic sensing. I think other Pokémon could have done what Greninja did...but hey, at least it was cool to have a Pokémon that awesome.

And suddenly if the form is dropped Greninja becomes even weaker then Pignite based on feats....

I feel like Ash-Greninja even existed was due to Greninja's popularity. With him being the favorite Kalos starter, having a playable appearance in Smash 4, and Ash already using a Froakie, it made sense to promote the frog more. And what better way to do that then give Ash's Greninja this mysterious form change?

Unless they planned this since its capture.
Maybe, Olympia could have used her own Future Sight to see where Chespie was, or just get Luxary to use it's vision/ Noviern to use it's super-sonic sensing. I think other Pokémon could have done what Greninja did...but hey, at least it was cool to have a Pokémon that awesome.

I don't think Olympia can control her psychic visions and maybe Luxray's x-ray vision and/or Noivern's Supersonic powers can't detect exactly where Chepsie is and even so, the Water Shuriken could be the only thing strong enough to pierce through the Megalith and the only move out of all of the other moves that the other characters Pokemon could use that won't disappear after its used.

Also, don't forget, this might not be an actual farewell, since the episode where Misty though her Psyduck evolved into a Golduck had "Goodbye Koduck!" in its title and the episode where Meowth fell in love with a Glameow had "Goodbye Rocket-dan!" in its title. So the form might have more uses.

It's really hard to say either way, as the episodes are planned a year in advance at most, and Ash-Greninja showed itself two years into the series. Weither Ash-Greninja was planned or not is pointless to argue since there is nothing to back up either side of the coin, but I personally think that it was created in response to the success of the character. It got me and others excited, and that's probably what the producers wanted.

I don't think Olympia can control her psychic visions and maybe Luxray's x-ray vision and/or Noivern's Supersonic powers can't detect exactly where Chepsie is and even so, the Water Shuriken could be the only thing strong enough to pierce through the Megalith and the only move out of all of the other moves that the other characters Pokemon could use that won't disappear after its used.

Also, don't forget, this might not be an actual farewell, since the episode where Misty though her Psyduck evolved into a Golduck had "Goodbye Koduck!" in its title and the episode where Meowth fell in love with a Glameow had "Goodbye Rocket-dan!" in its title. So the form might have more uses.
Don't forget goodbye Pikachu from Kanto.

Was it undoubtedly confirmed in anyway that this is Ash-Greninja's final episode? I have to know!

Don't forget goodbye Pikachu from Kanto.
Yeah, but I was thinking of the Japanese titles only. The Japanese title for Pikachu's Goodbye was called "Forest of Pikachu".

Was it undoubtedly confirmed in anyway that this is Ash-Greninja's final episode? I have to know!

No, but the mere implication is enough to send people over the brink. Ash-Greninja is Ash's greatest achievement he has done in Kalos, moreso than any League rank he earned. To take that power away is essentially a slap in the face for everyone invested in Ash-Greninja.

It could be a bait and I hope it is. But right now, I can't handle a implication of losing Ash-Greninja.

If the title was Farewell Satoshi-Gekkouga? Xerosicy's Counterattack!! I might very well be skeptical... as it is right now though, nothing seems to indicate the power will stay

Last edited:
I have to say that I'm a little split on Ash-Greninja likely losing his transformation here. On one hand, it does not look like the Bond Phenomenon will appear in Sun/Moon, which means it does little to advertise the games, so it's not that great at marketing and I was already lukewarm about it so Greninja losing it will be no big deal. On the other hand, though, why introduce it in the first place if this was going to be the final outcome? Why not just have Ash use Mega Evolution instead since that is the Gen 6 thing? He has several Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution, each of who are pretty strong at the very least and they could have been rotated to show off the Megas. Heck, it could have even been an example of rotation done right. One thing that will be interesting after this episode is where Greninja will rank in terms of Ash's Pokémon in power since we really only saw him do anything noteworthy in his Ash-Greninja form.

What are the powers Ash-Greninja hides!?
For the sake of Kalosian peace, Ash Greninja's powers...?

The very first thing that came into my mind when I read this particular line was --

The sacrifice that Lucario made in the Tree of Life in the Mystery of Mew movie

Obviously, I have no idea what is actually going to happen here. But that really was the first thing I thought of when I read that line.

Why not just have Ash use Mega Evolution instead since that is the Gen 6 thing? He has several Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution, each of who are pretty strong at the very least and they could have been rotated to show off the Megas. Heck, it could have even been an example of rotation done right.
Because they wanted to use Greninja due to its growing popularity, and it didn't (and still doesn't) have a Mega Evolution. It would have been difficult to highlight Greninja as a star while giving Ash access to Mega Charizard/Sceptile/whatever.

Well, if I remember, the common theme of the "Goodbye" episodes is that something is at least threatened to leave or whatever. I do not believe Greninja is leaving in any form if you want to believe the form itself is not gone. To be left in Kalos is to be unable to use the form at all since it won't work without Ash. I do not think this is being Oaked because I cannot think of a scenario where he would need to be Oaked before the final ep.

The only thing that comes to mind to threaten the Bond Phenomenon without destroying it is that Xerosic has found out how to counter it. The easiest explanation I have for this is Greninja is affected by the corrupto ray. Greninja is temporarily cut off from Ash as he breaks through the ray's influence through friendship and stuff.

ok we still have time and some sad episodes coming up before this so prepare the ice cream, the paper tissules and that cute pikachu ending to cheer up but also this epiosde dont reference to the "post-game" where you fight xerosinc again ?

Maybe this is why Ash goes to school in Alola to learn how to sync with Greninja again and proceeds to forget about it as fast as we were supposed to forget about the GS Ball lol

Last edited:
I'm really sad about this. Synchro Evolution/ Bond Phenomenon seems way cooler than Z moves.

I really can't get excited about Z Moves, they seem such a step down since having Mega Evolutions and Ash Greninja.

To me, Ash-Greninja and Z-moves are two different things that has nothing to do with each other. Ash-Greninja is a transformation while Z-moves is an all out powerful attack that Pokemon can only use once with no transformation needed.

Some on Gfaqs posted a very interesting theory concerning greninjas transformation....

A new theory about Ash Greninja based on new anime developments - Pokemon Sun Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs

That's actually a really great theory. I've speculated myself many times on "Z" Crystals and "Z" Moves possibly having a link to Zygarde. Due to all the Z imagery. I saw a post on another thread that had screenshots of Ash and Greninja making poses similar to those upcoming for Z moves, and as the thread says if certain Pokemon get their own exclusive moves, some getting their own transformations isn't too big a jump.

Ash Greninja is much more exciting than "Hydro Vortex"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom