• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Yaoi and Yuri

Which do you prefer?

• Yaoi

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • Yuri

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • Both

Votes: 46 29.3%
  • None

Votes: 35 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer yuri, but have a high tolerance for yaoi too. I don't really enjoy it, but it's always kind of fun just seeing what's out there.

And I so don't use this power for evil by emailing explicit yaoi pics of their favorite anime to my friends under the subject "Did you know you have a fanclub on Facebook". Really, I swear I don't.

Hmm, I don't know who this Yaoi person is, but Yuri from Angel Beats is definitely epi-

Yuri > Yaoi, because...whatever HiPS said.

I prefer yaoi, simply because I'm not keen on how the submissive partners in yuri are often portrayed. The only exception to this is Strawberry Panic!, where I feel it's been done tastefully.

As long as it is well written and/or drawn, I like both of them.

Yuri, mostly just because I'm straight D:

... and also because of Michiru and Haruka from Sailor Moon, that was so sweet I felt my blood sugar shoot way up.

Yuri. Because it's cuter most of the time. I don't mind yaoi though, unless it's like TWO GIANT MUSCLED MEN DOING EACHOTHER.

Yeah...no. Yaoi's kinda cute when it's the smaller boys but once it gets to muscled brutes...-puke- Not my thing.

Both are gross, i dont get how people get straight pleasures from homosexual things. They draw/portra the men to look feminine and woman to look manly on purpose, to give females/males the illusion it is heterosexual.

Last edited:
Both are gross, i dont get how people get straight pleasures from homosexual things. They draw the men to look feminine on purpose, to give females the sense there is a woman.

The same reason someone would get pleasures from anything? Dunno. It doesn't have to be sexual. No written romance has to be explicitly sexual.

Anywho, let's hope this doesn't turn into a discussion about Orientations and why, it's just to say what you like/don't like.

Anywho, let's hope this doesn't turn into a discussion about Orientations and why, it's just to say what you like/don't like.

Yeah, let's keep it on the track that it has been on; that wouldn't be a bad thing, for rules' sake. ^^;

Both are gross, i dont get how people get straight pleasures from homosexual things.

Easy, for men they get two girls, and for girls they get two guys. Double the fun, y'know? :kawaii:

I love yuri. It's just so... sweet. Strawberry Panic = <3

Yaoi is OK. It can be cute too. What I like about yaoi/yuri is that for the most part it IS cute. A lot of other romance animes... aren't cute. They're just funny/stupid for the most part. Know what I mean? That's why I like both yuri and yaoi. (=

MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT YAOI... IS THE NAME.

Yaoi. Yowie. OWWIE. LOLERCAKES.

Though I'm primarily a yuri fan, I voted for both. Because in anime and manga, everyone is pretty.

@ Roronoa Zorua: The bottom of your signature made me sad... I almost forgot that scene until now. I cried at that scene.

I like both yuri and yaoi, though, I prefer shojo-ai and shonen-ai, the actual romance versions. Yuri and yaoi are the smutty versions, like hentai, only with same-sex couples.

hmm. odd that i haven't posted here before :c

i enjoy both yaoi & yuri, however... yaoi is much easier to find (hello, aarinfantasy forums), and as a mostly straight gal i enjoy looking at pretty men just a bit more than pretty ladies ;p
so my vote goes to yaoi~

<3 As long as I like it, it doesn't bother me. Yaoi, Yuri, it's the same to me. YUMMY.
Unless of course the art's bad.

Last edited:
Yaoi is alright, especially Palletshipping is so funny xD

O.O Forget I said anything, I'm a Pokeshipper, Pokeshipper...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom