• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

You know what'd be neat thread

HerSilverHammer

running with blood on me
Reaction score
I was gonna post something that I thought would be neat, but since this board seems to thrive on efficiency, and the members go out of their way to tell other members of how wrong they are, I figured making a super-center thread for it would be good.

So this thread for for little things you think would be neat to be in HGSS. Not big things, like "I think it'd be neat if Hoenn was in HGSS", but little things, like "I think it'd be neat if baby Pokemon had individual eggs in HGSS."

Actually, baby pokemon having individual eggs would be pretty neat. Also, it would be pretty neat if they had random Wi-Fi battles in HGSS like they do on PBR.

Except with a filtering system. I don't want to see anymore shiny Arceuses and bidoofs.

It would be cute to see either baby Pokemon get individual eggs or to have Elemental-types get original egg sprites (IE - all Electric Pokemon hatch from one covered in lightning bolts).

I wouldn't be surprised if they just limited the original egg sprites to the Odd Egg pokemon or NEP.

Elemental eggs would be pretty cute.

You know what'd be neat? If when a pokemon uses it's signature move, if it got its own special animation with that move. You know, signature moves that only that pokemon line (and smeargle) can learn. Like Dialga with Roar of Time, and Blissey with Softboiled. Or the starters with their elemental hyper beams.

You know what'd be neat? If there was a city to go along with the Pokemon League. In the anime, there's always a big city with a huge marketplace near the pokemon leagues, while in the games, it's just a lone tower. I think that having some sort of city would be cool, it could have all sorts of things that only hardcore trainers need to buy (seals, stat-boosting items, special TMs, etc.). They could come up with all sorts of things to fill it with.

Be neat if they keep the animated gym leader sprites from Platinum.

I'd love to see Jasmine, Sabrina, Erika, Karen and Whitney with those kind of sprites :). Oh and Blaine for a BADASS CROSSED ARMED BLOWING COAT SPRITE.

You know what'd be neat? If there was a city to go along with the Pokemon League. In the anime, there's always a big city with a huge marketplace near the pokemon leagues, while in the games, it's just a lone tower. I think that having some sort of city would be cool, it could have all sorts of things that only hardcore trainers need to buy (seals, stat-boosting items, special TMs, etc.). They could come up with all sorts of things to fill it with.

this.

I want an underground, as well as a library in Olivine. And that guy in Vermilion to have built his building.

And that guy in Vermilion to have built his building.
This.
I don't remember was in GSC.

Also, the baby Pokemon eggs- EPIC WANT. In fact when the art for baby Pokemon was first revealed each baby had it's own egg.

To make it easy, baby Pokemon get there own egg sprites, and other Pokemon get a "generic" type-egg sprite.

It'd also be nice if you could customize your online trainer sprite.

Better animations, restricted to Kanto/Johto Pokémon to make it easier. Crystal-esque animations plz? :(

Also want the nice additions from Platinum - animated gym leaders, and hopefully trainers this time. Also the pre-battle gym leader/E4 VS. pictures, they were awesome.

Individualized Baby Eggs? DO WANT.

I believe I saw artwork for eggs like that in my game instructions that came with the original Gold and Silver games. One page had a picture of the Togepi Egg along with a yellow one with lightning bolts (I thought Elekid) and a red one (Magby)

It would be great if they could incorporate this. Hell, give starters their own Eggs, while you're at it.

It would definitely be nice to have egg sprites. For one thing, if you're a big breeder, it can be hard to sort through what egg is what. Which can get annoying.

It would be nice to see: 17 new egg sprites - one for each elemental type (with the Flying-type hatching out of Normal/Flying eggs and everyone else related to their primary type) along with another 18 unique ones for every baby Pokemon. It would make breeding a lot easier to manage with cartloads of eggs.

It would definitely be nice to have egg sprites. For one thing, if you're a big breeder, it can be hard to sort through what egg is what. Which can get annoying.

It would be nice to see: 17 new egg sprites - one for each elemental type (with the Flying-type hatching out of Normal/Flying eggs and everyone else related to their primary type) along with another 18 unique ones for every baby Pokemon. It would make breeding a lot easier to manage with cartloads of eggs.

Agreed, and it would be the perfect time to introduce such a concept considering the fact that Gold and Silver were the first games to introduce eggs.

Egg Sprites are something that would actually be quite easy to incorporate into the games. Just a different colour palette for individual types.

I remember being very surprised whilst playing Gold for the first time, because the Togepi Egg Elm's Aide gave me didn't look like the Togepi Egg in the Anime.

If they customize any Egg, Togepi's should be obvious, considering how famous it was.

I like the eggs idea, it'd be much easier than the whole overworld sprties thing too.

I also want to see better gym puzzles too. The only gym that should stay the same should be Whitney's.

Unless they scrap Whitney's Clefairy. I kind of hope they do, simply because JOHTO Gym Leaders need JOHTO Pokemon. She could have a Teddiursa, which she could model her Gym after.

It already looks like a few Gyms are getting remodeled (Morty, Claire) so it looks like you're gonna get your wish, Pho. 8D

Actually, thinking about it, it would be cool if Whitney had a moving block puzzel, and when you completed it it looked like Teddiurse/Clefairy. It was kind of boring before, since it was just a simple maze.

Actually, thinking about it, it would be cool if Whitney had a moving block puzzel, and when you completed it it looked like Teddiurse/Clefairy. It was kind of boring before, since it was just a simple maze.

THIS.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom