• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Country as a Pokemon Region

Slovenia as a Pokémon region would actually be quite interesting. Although not a particularly vast one.

The geography would be very diverse and due to that, there would be lots of kinds of Pokémon. The region would be quite hilly and mountainous, particularly on the north (the Alps) and south/southwest (the Dinarides). On the east and northeast, the landscape would be flat (the Pannonian Plain), with a lot of fields and such. The west/southwest would feature a limestone surface (Kras plateau) and a sea shore (the Mediterranean).

A lot of the region would be covered by forests (as Slovenia is one of the most forested countries in Europe) and grasslands.

All this would mean a lot of forest Pokémon, Grass and Ground types in general, cave dwellers, Water Pokémon in the soutwest and in rivers/lakes, Bug, Rock and Steel types and more. The diversity would be amazing.

As for the starters, I think:

- a horse, Grass > Grass/Psychic > Grass/Psychic (based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipizzan)
- a lynx, Fire > Fire/Ground > Fire/Ground, (based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Lynx)
- a lizard of some sort, Water > Water > Water/Dragon (no particular basis, a lizard because of the possible Dragon typing)

The Gyms:

- Maribor, Flying type Gym
- Celje, Grass type Gym
- Velenje, Rock type Gym
- Kranj, Normal type Gym
- Ljubljana, Dragon type Gym
- Koper, Water type Gym
- Novo mesto, Fighting type Gym
- Murska Sobota, Ground type Gym

Yes, I've given this quite a lot of thought. :)

philippines....
tarsier- grass
sea turtle- water/steel
mouse deer- fire
8 major cities and 7000+ islands... its perfect..... except the island part.... thats many......

Luzon, PHILIPPINES
The region would be a large block of earth with trees, forests, a few caves, and water routes. Definitely water routes. As for the starters, I'm seeing a Water type Buffalo, a Grass typed Iguana, and a Fire type Fruit Bat.

Well, a Pokémon game set in New Zealand would most certainly have a lot of the Pokémon designs inspired by our native animals and farming culture, however I don't imagine they would go too far with the stereotypes. Or at least I should hope not. The locations would feature a lot of nature, and there would be several forests. A few cities, but mostly small towns.

Well, a Pokémon game set in New Zealand would most certainly have a lot of the Pokémon designs inspired by our native animals and farming culture, however I don't imagine they would go too far with the stereotypes. Or at least I should hope not. The locations would feature a lot of nature, and there would be several forests. A few cities, but mostly small towns.

You know, Isshu is a lot like new zealand.
A huge city and some small towns.
In fact, other than the desert and the smugleaf line, Ishhu is New Zealand

No, Hiun City is based on a city a lot larger than Auckland.
Also, Battle Subway.
And the several large bridges.

We can relate any Pokémon region to almost any country if we ignore that many things and make such vague comparisons.

No, Hiun City is based on a city a lot larger than Auckland.
Also, Battle Subway.

Yeah, I know.
But in comparison to the rest of the cities and towns in Isshu...
Then hey presto! Auckland!
Although the subway thing......
Boy, public transport sure sucks here in new zealand!

At times.....
I hate.......
How we are so small.....
And how.................
When I ..............
Say something and have to follow it through even though I find a flaw in my argument.

I'm from France. France would be a very beautiful and elegant region. (lol total bias in here.)
If France was a region in pokemon, specifically the Île-de-France region where I am from and Paris is located, it would be a magnificent one. It would be a metropolitan region with not so dense forests. But even though it is a metropolitan region, the cities are beautiful, with classical architectures. Paris alone would be very interesting.
For starters maybe, a grass fox, a fire hedgehog and a water lobster..
Magpies and weasels would be our pidgeys and rattatas.

Eh... Finland? Guess it would be a small region, with cold winters and hot summers. :D Like in B/W there's seasons... Lots of lakes and forests, lots of little towns and a few big cities.

Australia. It would be a large region, but the whole western half would look like Hiun City + Route 4 to a massive scale, though thats not to say there won't be grass routes in the middle. The Eastern side will have some big cities, but be connected by several smaller towns that are more rural. I guess to get to the equivalent of Adelaide, Alice Springs, Darwin or Perth you would go by aeroplane or traverse a large desert/savannah type area. To get to Hobart you would go by sea route.

The starters could be a Grass/Flying Emu, Fire/Fighting Kangaroo and Water/Poison Platypus.

The PHILIPPINES
then we'd have a psychic Tarsier and a normal-type Tamaraw...

Eh... Finland? Guess it would be a small region, with cold winters and hot summers. :D Like in B/W there's seasons... Lots of lakes and forests, lots of little towns and a few big cities.

I agree with you, fellow Finlander. :>

I live in Chicago, so Snorlax. EVERYWHERE!

But seriously, since I live in a suburb, I see a lot of Skunktank, Stantler, and Beedrill. I also also see a few Mothin, a few Pacherisu, and my dog fainted (killed/and or eaten) a Buneary a month ago.

Last edited:
Arizona- INTRESTING!

Starters:
Gilaster: Grass/Ground Pokemon (based off Gila Monster.)
Firant: Fire/Rock Pokemon (based off Fire Ant.)
Cacren: Water/Flying Pokemon (based of Cactus Wren.)

Ground/Fire Pokemon would be pretty popular. Though ground types outnumber fire (any type, actually) types. Towns would be desert towns (maybe some would be western styled, saloons, etc.)

Zabaku would be the Region name.

I live in america, so...

Maybe they could make a region off of New York. There could be this big city called Huin City, and the starters would be a snake, and otter, and a pig. The snake would be grass, the otter water, and the pig fire type. We could call it... Isshu!

I live in america, so...

Maybe they could make a region off of New York. There could be this big city called Huin City, and the starters would be a snake, and otter, and a pig. The snake would be grass, the otter water, and the pig fire type. We could call it... Isshu!

If only...

I'd love to see a region based off of Canada, and hopefully with Isshu being based off of New York, that isn't too far away on the horizon. Or atleast, a guy can dream. Canada for Gen VI, Game Freak. Please?

We'd have a Grass Moose, Fire Beaver and a Water Loon!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom