• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your first shiny. How? when? where?

Back in the Gen 2 games, sometimes after gen3 came out but before gen4 I stumbled across a shiny sentret in crystal, was the first pokemon in that playthrough I caught and it stayed on my team until the game's battery died. Was really just luck, I wasn't looking for anything, just happened to cut through the grass and bump into a shiny.
That's excluding the gyarados of course, whom I've caught in every game it appears in, but never used (I don't really like gyarados, shiny or not, so I rarely use them on my team).

Pokemon Black, about a week after beating the game. For some reason I was racing against my brother on his White to see who could get from Nuvema Town, around the whole map and back the fastest. The rules were no biking or flying and you had to beat every wild 'mon who appeared to you. I was almost out of Chargestone Cave when the 25th wild battle started up. I rolled my eyes and prepared to battle it when -holy crap! A shiny Joltik! I screamed and called my brother over (we were sitting at opposite ends of the room with the music off as not to give away our positions) and we abandoned our little challenge.

Later, I evolved it into Galvantula. I was excited to see what the shiny Galvantula looked like, so when it evolved... I stared at the game in disbelief for a few moments before switching it off. You can't even tell it's a shiny unless you look at it closely!

Last edited:
My first one was (excusing the red Gyarados) was a Karrablast I found on Route 6. i was just walking back from Charegstone Cave when BAM. She's now an awsome pink Escavalier. and the day after that i was walking through Viridian forest is SS when i found a shiny Kakuna, who is now and awsome lime green Beedrill in Black.

Ironically enough my very first shiny that I didn't cheat to get was in Emerald. In Route 102 (I think that's the one between Oldale and Petalburg). Level 3 Female Ralts. The exact Pokemon I was looking for too. And if that wasn't enough it was the first Pokemon besides my starter that I caught.

Sadly, in all the years I've been playing Pokémon, I have never encountered/caught a shiny Pokémon (aside from the red Gyarados, of course). It kind of makes me sad. :-(

i got a shiny pikachu in emerald.he is a shiny raichu now.a shiny jigglypuff in sapphire,a shiny tailow in ruby and the red gyarados every one was talking about in crystal.

My first (and only) shiny was a Starly in Pokemon Pearl. Found it at the very beginning of the game. It was a shiny, so I thought "What the heck? Might as well keep it." I don't like Starly, so I never used it besides being a HM Slave, but eh, a shiny is a shiny. *nods*

my first shiny was a Primeape from the GTS in Diamond.
the first i caught myself was a Weepinbell north of the Resort area in Diamond~

I found a shiny Ponyta, near Mt Silver in Soul Silver. :) Has evolved into a Rapidash now, which is a shame because I prefered the blue maned Ponyta to the grey Rapidash!

I never found a shiny until 2 years ago: I play Pokémon since the very beginning and it was kinda frustrating.
When, restarting my Platinum, what... what... WHAT?!? A PINK Buneary! PINK! My favourite colour on one of the cutest Pokémon!!! Amazing.
Recently, while EV training my Ampibom on White... a shiny Basculin! Just a lighter blue stripe but, hey... it's still shiny.
My girlfriend caught a gold-eyed Claydol on Ruby when she was younger but she didn't realize what a shiny was since she met me. And I got it. She also encountered a gold Exeggcute on my Leaf Green Safari Zone, but it went away... :(
Her brother found a Blue-fire Ponyta and gave it to me. :)

My first tradeless/non-gyarados shiny was when I had just caught cobalion, and my repel wore of right before I got out, and a shiny axew apeared. I named it sliceasaur and it's currently one of my main pokemon.

My first shiny that I encountered out of luck was a Vullaby on Victory Road when I was grinding before taking the E4 on for the first time. The only pokeball that I had left was a masterball, so I regretably used it.

My second shiny encounter was a Mienshao on the foggy route (16, I think?) I had it pinned down perfectly; it was asleep, confused, and attracted. Then, just as I was about to catch it, it wakes up, avoids the confusion and the attraction, and uses High Jump Kick. And misses. And dies.

shiny rattata. found it south of goldenrod city. file got deleted. now i have a shiny jynx that i got from crystal

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom