• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your "FUUUUU" moments :D

OHKO moves in the D/P Battle Tower. After a while I just gave up on it and I haven't attempted battle facilities other than anything where you can use rental Pokemon.

There was also the time I found a shiny Quagsire in the Great Marsh in my Pearl game. Of course it had to run away after refusing to be caught. And more recently, the time a crit killed a shiny Oddish in a replay of Sapphire.

This weekend I caught a shiny Staryu (mind you this is around. 4am after a 12 hour shift at work) I forgot to save the game and forgot to put my DS on the charger , yeah I was extremely pissed, currently trying to reclaim, but in the meanwhile I've snagged my 3rd shiny Clauncher , *sigh*

Restaurant Le Yeah? More like Restaurant Le RageQuit.

Tried out Rotation battle. Took a lot longer than 6 turns. Protect's not the problem, since it only happened on turn 1, and I anticipated it. It's those flinch/paralysis hax!

Should have brought my Pikachu to deal with the first course. But no, I put him in the PC. So yeah, I ragequitted.

Last edited:
I have Pokémon X and wanted to catch a Cryogonal in Frost Cavern. This took literally 40 minutes. According to Bulbapedia, Cryogonal's encounter rate is "very rare." The first two that I encountered I accidentally KO'd because I got a Pokémon-amie critical hit. I had to take out my anger somehow after the second one, so I yelled a bunch of curses for a few minutes and then went back to the game. On the third one, I wasn't taking any chances and used an HM bitch to bring its HP down and catch it. The other students and the RA in my dorm got somewhat concerned after I was yelling, so I had to awkwardly explain it to them afterwards. Not worth it.

Moral of the story: Just wait for Pokémon Bank to come out and get it from Black.

I just accidentally killed mewtwo, have to close the game all over to try again, hope i can catch it.

My nephew came to annoy me while battling online, I got distracted, and my party (in training) was sent to an online battle instead of my Battle Box. Got crushed by an otherwise accesible opponent. I did my best with my Level 34 Metang...

Breeding a pokemon with perfect IVs and nature and then see it has the wrong ability.

Meet my Klutz Golett horde. >_<

I'm in the Battle Chateau and going up against Korrina. I have my No Guard Golurk out to grab some EXP. What happens? Flinch hax from Mega Lucario's Dark Pulse. When you have my Golurk so upset that he's about to cry, it's gonna get ugly fast.

Let my Mega Blaziken murder that sod with extreme prejudice. For once, I didn't give a slag about recoil damage.

When i was hunting the legendary beasts and I had all except entei. One of my attacks hit critical and it made Entei faint. I was mad.

Got a Bunnelby from Wonder Trade. It has three stats marked, so I used him to breed my Furfrou. Didn't realize until a few eggs that the marked stats he had are not perfect. What a total waste of time.

There's a bright side: it had the nature I wanted, so after getting a female, I released that dreaded bunny. The other eggs were hatched then either released or, if it caught Pokérus, Wonder-Traded.

Ran into a horde of Spinda with my lvl 90 Mawile. I always kept a TM move on Mawile so that I could teach it False Swipe on a moments notice to catch pokemon easily.

After Mega-Evolving, they proceeded to spam confuse-inducing moves and actually caused me to KO my Mega-Mawile with "It hurt itself in it's confusion." 6 turns in a row.
T.T

I did not think I would actually KO until it was too late.

Did I mention the 50+ level gap? I had to facepalm.

Ran into a horde of Spinda with my lvl 90 Mawile. I always kept a TM move on Mawile so that I could teach it False Swipe on a moments notice to catch pokemon easily.

After Mega-Evolving, they proceeded to spam confuse-inducing moves and actually caused me to KO my Mega-Mawile with "It hurt itself in it's confusion." 6 turns in a row.
T.T

I did not think I would actually KO until it was too late.

Did I mention the 50+ level gap? I had to facepalm.

Wow. :eek: That's why I usually run away from horde battles. That and because it's annoying when the Pokemon all keep using stat lowering moves, especially the hordes of Scraggy with sand-attack.

During my Pokemon Y playthrough, completely forgetting to soft-reset for Natures on Zygarde, Yveltal, and Mewtwo. At least I can soft-reset on Pokemon X for Mewtwo and Zygarde, but I'm stuck trying to find a good Yveltal. I ended up with terrible natures for all three of them, twice even! :-(

Wow. :eek: That's why I usually run away from horde battles. That and because it's annoying when the Pokemon all keep using stat lowering moves, especially the hordes of Scraggy with sand-attack.

OH, THE HORROR.

Happened to me. Maybe the most humilliating moment in, say, twelve years (since Whitney's Miltank Rollout'd my dreams)

Trying to catch ANY legendary when you have one Ultra Ball left only to have it break free on the third shake.

Talk about asdfghjkl;

"Oh, I see you're farming for herbs through the wild item mechanic. It would be a shame if you need to use Razor Leaf and your opponent has Sap Sipper..."

Sweet, just bred a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Vulp... What? Flash Fire!?

FUUUUUUU...

On the bright side, it's male, so I can breed with it.

My case would be very simple--when attacks miss.

Trying to catch ANY legendary when you have one Ultra Ball left only to have it break free on the third shake.

Talk about asdfghjkl;

That too. Basically you would not want to see any Pokémon break free from an Ultra Ball.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom