• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your status on Platinum

Finished training a shiny Milotic, and now I'm debating whether I should teach it Hidden Power [GRD], and what to get rid of for it. =(

Well, that took longer than it should have. I've been procrastinating lately and I don't know why. Regardless, I'm done training my third (of four) wave of Pokemon. This means that I now have:

-Pikachu (m) lv. 100
-Jigglypuff (f) lv. 100
-Arcanine (m) lv. 100
-Exeggutor (m) lv. 100
-Lucario (m) lv. 100

Now I just have to train the last wave of Pokemon (the last set of starters) and I'll have a whole box full of fully EV trained, positive natured Pokemon in level 100.

The next Pokemon to be trained will be:

-Bulbasaur (f)
-Totodile (m)
-Torchic (f)
-Dialga

After a long hiatus from playing, I decided to train myself a Ninjask. She's all EV trained and everything, I just gotta level her up so she learns the moves I want.

My game finally hit 500 hours!!! While ev training a new team last night. I'm getting some new competitive battling pokés for hg!!

Basically like the trainer journal thread, whats your current progress on Platinum?

Mine is that I caught a ponyta, machop and geodude outside orburgh and beat the first gym very easily with a lv 11-13 budew that knows mega drain, stun spore, growth, water sport.

I caught ponyta to help me in the gardinia gym. This is the first time I have had my starter and other pokemon same levels:

Turtwig lv13
Budew lv13
Starley lv6 (needs leveling)
Magikarp lv7(Needs leveling)
Bidoof lv7 (Needs leveling and knows rock smash)
Shinx lv7 (Needs leveling)

Pokedex: Seen 17, Obtained 11

Hm, seeing as I beat platinum... durr. But atm:

Infernape lv80
Swampert Lv79
Garchomp Lv77
Staraptor Lv77
Manectric Lv76
Gardevoir lv48 (Currently in training)

8/8 Badges, 1/5 Silver Prints, 0/5 Gold Prints
Pokedex:
Seen 364, Obtained 213 (National)
Seen 210, Obtained 122 (Sinnoh)
158 hours

As I noted above, I'm training my gardevoir. Still haven't caught those dang birds. Stupid things. Spamming roost...

On-off playing Platinum, but have been solidly playing it for a couple of weeks now. Hoping to battle the E4 soon, with my Pokemon below.

Torterra (Level 54)
Haunter (Level 54)
Houndoom (Level 54)
Gyarados (Level 54)
Staraptor (Level 54)
Gallade (Level 54)

Got my Pichu today at gamestop and it a has a jolly nature. =D
So i am waiting for more events.

Well, I finished EV training my final wave of Pokemon. All that's left now is to get them to level 100 (in other words, the hard part.) Luckily, these guys are my favorite starters of their types, so I'm having fun training them

My Pokemon:

venusaur.png

Level: 60 Gender: female Nature: Jolly

EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense

-Seed Bomb
-Sleep Powder
-Return
-Earthquake

feraligatr.png

Level: 60 Gender: male Nature: Adamant

EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP

-Agility
-Aqua Tail
-Crunch
-Ice Fang

blaziken.png

Level: 60 Gender: female Nature: Mild

EV's: 84 Attack, 184 Special Attack, 240 Speed

-Blaze Kick (to be replaced with Fire Blast)
-Vaccum Wave
-Sky Uppercut
-Thunderpunch

dialga.png

Level: 80 Gender: N/A Nature: Mild

EV's: 120 HP, 136 Attack, 252 Special Attack

-Dragon Claw (to be replaced with Thunder)
-Roar of Time (to be replaced with Draco Meteor)
-Earth Power
-Brick Break

Last edited:
I finished training my newly acquired WishMkr Jirachi: =D

Jirachi
-Quiet/Alert to sounds.
-Mind Plate (lack of better, atm...)
-325/225/229/300/262/234
-Serene Grace
-Calm Mind, Psychic, Wish, Doom Desire

Last time I played got through 20 battles in the battle tower faced Palmer in the 21st took down his Rypherior with a bit of trouble before his Dragonite came and that was that :(

Have you tried using a Grass type Pokemon? They're magnificent in the first round because 2/3 of his party are weak to Grass.

As for Dragonite, a Pokemon like Gyarados or Milotic (with Ice Fang or Ice Beam respectively) are great checks for it. Gyarados weakens Dragonite's Attack with Intimidate (forcing it to waste a turn Dragon Dancing) and Milotic's defense is strong enough that she won't fall to any of his moves lest he dances (giving you the opportunity to Ice Beam it to hell. She's also not afraid of T-Wave as status actually makes her tougher to take down)

The last Pokemon can be cannon fodder, or a nice pseudo (Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp) as those are always useful

Haven't posted here before...

I'm just chilling in Pt, mainly leveling up a random Pokémon (currently a Lv88 Blastoise) and evolving the numerous foreign Pokémon I have obtained via GTS (currently two Tentacool, one Pineco and one Kabuto).

Just helped one guy get a GTS trade through, and I had got my own offer completed too. I offered something random, can't remember what it was, and obtained a shiny Japanese Mew who came from Hoenn. Dunno about its legitimacy, it looks legit but one can't ever know.

Time 909:07, Dex 493/493, score 60607, cash 955533, 3/5 Trainer Card stars (missing Underground & Battle Tower ones).

I'm trying to breed and EV train a UU team.
It is not going well.

Actually I've had Platinum for about 2 months now...I haven't bred nor EV trained a single Pokemon (correctly)...kinda makes me wonder what the hell was I actually doing.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom