• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your views on Gay Marriage/Gays in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't say "men should not have sex with other men", it says "men should not have sex with other men as they would with women". That's a HUGE difference.

Well it's obviously kinda hard to have sex with men the same way you do with women ;)
Sooooo what would be the point of putting that in the Bible?

Ummm dude there's only two genders I mean if he's not doing it with him as if he is doing it with a woman then how is he doing it with him...is he pretending he's a horse?

Ummm dude there's only two genders I mean if he's not doing it with him as if he is doing it with a woman then what is he doing it with him...pretend he's a horse?

LOL i laughed at the horse thing, but please say who you are talking to =)
I'm confused lol

They're obviously talking about penetration. Vaginal penetration vs. anal penetration. So anal penetration was forbidden and sinful. It doesn't say anything about other sexual practices, and definitely nothing about loving another person of the same gender.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

I even quoted it in the NIV form....yepp God didn't like gays in the New Testament time either.

They're obviously talking about penetration. Vaginal penetration vs. anal penetration. So anal penetration was forbidden and sinful. It doesn't say anything about other sexual practices, and definitely nothing about loving another person of the same gender.

Yeah but still.. according to you, the bible doesnt put a rule about having sex with men... it just says you can't analy penetrate them cus, yes, it's wrong. You obviously can't penetrate a man vaginally, so the only OBVIOUS option left is oral =P

then if what YOU said is correct, all this should be true.

What I find wrong here is that if the only obvious way to have sex with a man is anything NOT ANAL, then why even mention it? So what i'm saying is that there's no point in writing that in the Bible UNLESS it actually does mean you cant have sex with a man. period.

So what I'm saying is there's no point in writing that in the Bible UNLESS it actually does mean you cant have sex with a man. period.

That is correct. You can jump around the bandwagon all you want but the fact is plain and simple. You can not have sexual relationships with another person of the same gender, period.

...of course they should have the same equal rights as us except gay adoption, I think a child should be brought up with a mum and a dad, not 2 of one none of the other.

How incredibly sexist, shame on you.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

I even quoted it in the NIV form....yepp God didn't like gays in the New Testament time either.

What happened to the thief that Jesus forgave while on the cross? To my knowledge he went to heaven.

Also, was this just Paul saying this of his own accord, or was this directly spoken to him by Jesus or God?

My Hebrew copy of the New Testament, which precedes all the English copies, talks about "men who have sex with other men". Obviously Christianity was a lot more severe about homosexual sex... but, there's still nothing here about love.

Man, I hate reading the New Testament. Christianity sucks more and more every time I read it.

How incredibly sexist, shame on you.

Thats not sexist
Although some ppl wouldnt care if their adoptive parents are the same gender, other ppl in their lives will...and they will make fun of them for it.
Which in some cases can lead to severe traumatic effects in that childs later life.
It's selfish to do things recklessly and just adopt children into a gay family just cus u want to start a family. u gotta put the child first. Unless you want another school shooting because of the pressure their peers put on them for having gay parents? Yeah, thats clearly moral (sarcasm)

If a guy is not going to ever have sex with another guy then technically he's not gay. I mean I have seen guys that have been closer to each other "as friends" than they are to their wives. Am I saying that its never ok to have any bonds with another man? No.

What I am saying is that there are a lot of guy's that are even closer of friends than two homosexual men and they are not gay. The only difference is that they don't lust after each other. I mean is it really love or lust between homosexuals?

Because I mean I will admit that I do love a lot of my friends and they are guys. But would I ever sleep with them? Not in a million years! I mean sex is warped and twisted enough as it is so just please if you can try to take some of this into consideration. I mean if you just want to blow off everything I said that's cool and all.

What happened to the thief that Jesus forgave while on the cross? To my knowledge he went to heaven.

Also, was this just Paul saying this of his own accord, or was this directly spoken to him by Jesus or God?

It doesn't say he went directly to heaven, he couldve gone to purgatory which is.... a place of cleaning and waiting to be purified.

If a guy is not going to ever have sex with another guy then technically he's not gay. I mean I have seen guys that have been closer to each other "as friends" than they are to their wives. Am I saying that its never ok to have any bonds with another man? No.

What I am saying is that there are a lot of guy's that are even closer of friends than two homosexual men and they are not gay. The only difference is that they don't lust after each other. I mean is it really love or lust between homosexuals?

Because I mean I will admit that I do love a lot of my friends and they are guys. But would I ever sleep with them? Not in a million years! I mean sex is warped and twisted enough as it is so just please if you can try to take some of this into consideration. I mean if you just want to blow off everything I said that's cool and all.

If a guy romantically loves another guy, he's gay. Or at least bisexual. And sex? Warped and twisted? It's how we fucking reproduce!

That DOES NOT bar homosexual love AT ALL!

But from what we've seen, homosexual love cares more about being married which is just a title. True love shouldn't care about the opinion of judgmental bastards (society). True love should only care about the other person and THEIR opinions.
Seeing as thats mostly not the case and these gay-lovers go as far as trying to change the law in order to be accepted, it leads me to deduce that what they feel is merely puppy love if anything. I'm not saying thats always the case, but it obviously is such the majority of the time

If a guy is not going to ever have sex with another guy then technically he's not gay.

Bullshit. There are gay people who go through their entire lives without having sex with a men even once, but they're still gay because they're attracted to other men and wants to pursue a relationship with them, whether romantic or sexual. What makes one gay or straight or bisexual is how they feel, not who they're having sex with.

I mean is it really love or lust between homosexuals?

Okay, that just now was really offensive. You might as well ask if what there is between heterosexuals is love or lust to make it even, but you wouldn't do that, now would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom