• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Youtube Embedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This discussion is getting pretty deep.

Anyway, I have to vote DOWN on this one. As convinent as it is, It would just increase the time it would take to load the page. Besides, I don't think it's worth it to spend extra time just so people don't have to click on anything. Actually, they STILL have to click on the video to play it. So, yeah.

The US DMCA Safe Harbor provision says that neither BMG or YouTube can be held responsible for the videos, only the original uploader. That's why sites like The Pirate Bay are still around, but that's off topic.

Unfortunately, not everywhere is the US.

DOWN. I've never seen any context in which embedding youtube videos is even mentioned.

Unfortunately, not everywhere is the US.
Yeah, well the servers are, which is what matters here, don't know why I have to mention this since the post you quoted was addressing that issue.

As convinent as it is, It would just increase the time it would take to load the page. Besides, I don't think it's worth it to spend extra time just so people don't have to click on anything. Actually, they STILL have to click on the video to play it.

Finds it ironic when thinking back to discussions about disambiguation pages on Bulbapedia with the winning argument being "too much clicking"

Versus loading two different pages, waiting for that second page to load the video, closing/switching tabs when you're done with the video, clicking the link and the video player rather than just clicking the video player...

...sometimes people's idea of "time saving" really isn't time saving anyway.

Keep in mind I make these comments with my position that they should be enabled in blogs, for those people who still can't think of a benefit of why it should be enabled there/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom