• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

True, I've focused on the amounts of posts rather than the total worcount. My bad :bulbaFacepalm:
Eh, the total wordcount isn't hugely important if its all fluff or CWAC (Contributing Without Actually Contributing). (Same thing with post count though.)
Thing with Bigfoot is that he has a low total word count, post count and its pretty much all fluff/CWAC.

Page 3
I thought about it for a couple more minutes and I'm convinced that DawningWinds isn't the arsonist. What's the point in letting the others know about the arsonist if you're the arsonist yourself? You would just make it harder for yourself to achieve your goal. So DawningWinds is either saying the truth or some really mad mastermind with a wicked strategy (still possible though). However, the Firefighter could still be mafia (even though it is more likely that the firefighter is aligned with the town), so should not immediately consider them as harmless.
He did something similar in Xenoblade Mafia where he was an Independent Cultist. He didn't claim to be anti-Cult, but he acted so Town in that game it was the biggest plot twist in the game ala Xenoblade that he was Independent. The Mafia Rolecop even outed him, lol. With DawningWinds, I feel like even if I read him as Town, he could still pull being the actual Arsonist off. That said, with 11 players, if there was an Arsonist, I would feel it would be too difficult for the Town to handle it without ANY counters, so I'm more willing to believe DawningWinds based on numbers and set-up logic alone. Though, if an Independent flips and it's not an Arsonist, that would increase the odds of a mafia!DawningWinds, but even I don't think that's a viable long-term survival-victory strategy with a good enough pay-off for the risk taken, so it's likely DawningWinds is more likely to be Town here than... anything! :)
AMOGUS and go join my game after this

Vote: HumanDawg

catching up

also
Arsonist in a small setup like this is extremely unlikely even if we had one less mafia to compensate it right 11 is a weird number
8-3? 7-1-3? 8-1-2? I guess 8-1-2 or 8-2-2 with one hostile indept could be a thing but I would not expect them to be killing based :notlikeduck:

I saw some people mentioning the possibility of Town arsonist and I think this is extremely unlikely because if that was the case we'd be expected to coordinate with it and not need another entire other role to prevent a mass murder

I think someone also mentioned that the arsonist could claim firefighter and I think it's a possibility since it's an usual role but it's a very ballsy move to start the game claiming it unless they were provided a fake claim lol
Bro, I would love to but I have been so busy lately you wouldn't believe it!! I went for a waxing on Monday, a haircut today as well as an intense training session, and I have a tanning session on Saturday as well as rehearsals for an event on Sunday! Just tomorrow I have to be on the radio and I have a bit of charity to do, all after work! Maybe after Sunday?

Also, I thought I told you to keep the dog stuff in private? :<

I think it could fit - the Arsonist could be a 2x one, or odd or even night usage?
I think that they might not be the arsonist, agreeing with Raven right now, and HumanDawn was very quick to defend them.
Vote: HumanDawn
Could you explain where I was defending DawningWinds from my first two posts, and how that would make you decide to vote me?

Additionally, if you think they might not be the arsonist, how is it any bad if I am "defending" them? Wouldn't we be on the same page if we both think that DawningWinds may not be the actual arsonist...?
Human wasn't really that quick to defend me? His thoughts on the firefighter claim do assume I'm town I guess, but its not like he didn't consider the possibility of me lying?

They don't really feel super fluffy to me? Like she could've done to give an actual thought but she was questioning things in a way that to me feels like she was just trying to decide how she felt? The only thing that felt fluffy was the kinda vaguely directed question of whether an arsonist was likely in a game this size.
Whoops accidentally sent that twice, sorry...

This is mathematically not eleven. Did you mean 7-2-2 or something else?

This is kinda weird; its a blatantly fluffy post, so calling it towny and a good sign in the same post you call Space being fluffy bad feels strange.
Granted, Sushi gets more leeway on fluffy things because they're new, but I don't feel like that defines this post as necessarily towny?

The Exlight vote, Sushi town read and Space arson drama are all jokes. except maybe the Space one, huehuehuehuehuehue They're all outrageous, but maybe strong enough to illicit an emotional response to them to get a read on.
So I think there's some sus being thrown around. Are we going @HumanDawn?
Got it. I won't shoot yet then. If there's anybody looking sus, let me know.

Are we allowed to reveal roles? This is my first Mafia :p

Hmm, if this is Bigfoot's first Mafia, and first scum game, then they're playing "newbie new to the game" pretty naturally...

Day 4
My first thought seeing Dawning's claim I got paranoid of them being the arsonist fake claiming firefighter and being a firefighter wouldn't the arsonist be more likely to target them. I'll believe the claim for now since I liked how he wanted to let us know the existence of there being an arsonist.
ok, cool

If Mido is town I wonder if she will be town reading the scum just like in the last two games I played with her.
awesome, nice

This is an 11 player game and normally in an 11 player game there are 2 mafia and an independent so assuming an arsonist in this game then there shouldn't be another indep.

wow, fascinating

---

Jinjo, your posts are less interesting than even the new players!

also;
My paranoid mind is spinning the weirdest conspiracy theories the longer I think about certain statements and I don't feel like trusting anyone so far (which is normal I guess...?), I feel kinda insecure at the moment. Maybe I'm giving too much thoughts (to the entire game as well as certain posts) but as for now I don't feel "safe" enough to even have someone in mind who I could vote even possibly.
Town.

for now

Page 5
Wow this is interesting. We are in the early phases of D1 and the game has started already, this will be fun.

I'm inclined to believe DawningWinds' claim is true as they have claimed the fire fighter role in their first post and without any pressure, the game had barely started at that time and their claim helped to start the discussion.
I have no reason to think they are lying about their role.
I don't think the Firefighter role could be a mafia role as I can't see the utility it would have for them unless it's in addition to some other role, but the possibility of that seems very low. I mostly believe it to be a town role, or maybe it could be an indep role with a win-con to eliminate the arsonist.

I like how RavenRaziel gave their thoughts and analysis (especially if it's their first game), gives me good vibes for them.

HD and ExLight have shared their thoughts but they are not enough to form a steady read on them yet. I'll be neutral towards them for now.

Others have either not posted or don't have enough substantial posts to form a read on them yet. So null read for them.
This is... an overall "ok" post, but I like it!
Bussing yourself doesn't give you any towncred. Note: it doesn't count as bussing if you don't die. Its either distancing or failing to bus. You should vote your scumbuddies instead.

I'm actually more inclined to agree with the sentiment Raven's put forth that Space might be a 3p Arsonist (still not town but), given she's taken quite literally every angle to try and discredit this concept. Mafia would know I'm not with them and assume I'm telling the truth more likely than not I feel like, and it'd be in their best interest to have me not discredited because me dying is bad for them too as long as the Arsonist is still around. (This is even in the case scenario where Mido's "might be" scenario where I'm a SK or similar is true, as Mafia would generally be expected to assume anyone claiming right away not on their team as telling the truth.) So probably I feel like the people who are likely to be Mafia are gonna be the ones taking my claim at super face value?

Or Bigfoot, because his very "I am going to do whatever the thread does" attitude so far doesn't sit right with me- I know this is a new player thing, but I feel like its more often a new scum thing to blend in? Regardless I'd like to see him come in with some sort of original thoughts. Or just. Any thoughts.
Space as 3P herself - I kinda dig, yo! But it's more because her posts have been so underwhelming and uninteresting in this game I can't help but feel that something is up likely a piano she plans on dropping on me, gulp.
Space has taken the town or mafia Arsonist route in addition to pushing the idea the that I was lying, and yours feels much more of a "Dawning lying should be considered but doesn't need to be pushed right now" scenario to Space's main focus kinda seeming to be trying to find a reason to either say I'm lying or that the Arsonist isn't 3p.

As for me pushing Bigfoot, good idea:
Vote: Bigfoot_the_Pokemon
My heart does not yearn for this death~
But is not against the pressure itself~

Sorry if I haven't posted much, it appears that I'm online and it's true, but I really have my attention elsewhere, bit busy. On top of that I guess it's also a case of stage fright lol, I'm the type of person that prefer to draw conclusions by looking at the way everyone acts, but it's time for me to be more active. From what I've seen, the way Raven acts gives me the feeling that he is trying to dispel attention from himself.

He did something similar in Xenoblade Mafia where he was an Independent Cultist. He didn't claim to be anti-Cult, but he acted so Town in that game it was the biggest plot twist in the game ala Xenoblade that he was Independent. The Mafia Rolecop even outed him, lol. With DawningWinds, I feel like even if I read him as Town, he could still pull being the actual Arsonist off. That said, with 11 players, if there was an Arsonist, I would feel it would be too difficult for the Town to handle it without ANY counters, so I'm more willing to believe DawningWinds based on numbers and set-up logic alone. Though, if an Independent flips and it's not an Arsonist, that would increase the odds of a mafia!DawningWinds, but even I don't think that's a viable long-term survival-victory strategy with a good enough pay-off for the risk taken, so it's likely DawningWinds is more likely to be Town here than... anything! :)
I'm glad you trust me. I look forward to betraying you all again. :p

Now that you point it out... Yeah, Jinjo's posts are a lot less in depth than I'd expect from her. Would definitely like to hear more of her reads and other thoughts.

Sorry if I haven't posted much, it appears that I'm online and it's true, but I really have my attention elsewhere, bit busy. On top of that I guess it's also a case of stage fright lol, I'm the type of person that prefer to draw conclusions by looking at the way everyone acts, but it's time for me to be more active. From what I've seen, the way Raven acts gives me the feeling that he is trying to dispel attention from himself.
Can you go into more detail with why you feel this way?

Page 6
Okay, fellas, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I see the way I got voted on up a couple posts.

Double post

Hrmmm...

Vote: Midorikawa
This is... not a good look :M
Bigfoot- the fact that this is the sole thing you latch onto when called out for thoughts sits even less right with me. I know you've mentioned playing Among Us before; I have a hard time believing that there aren't people who jokeclaim Imposter in that game just for kicks, even if they're whatever-the-town-equivalent-is. Even if this isn't the case and you genuinely have no grounds of preparation to see this as a joke; I would've expected you to respond to something else with sort of thought.
Yeah, I can see how this makes Bigfoot look much worse with him ignoring the reads others have on them.

Page 7
I'm glad you trust me. I look forward to betraying you all again. :p

Now that you point it out... Yeah, Jinjo's posts are a lot less in depth than I'd expect from her. Would definitely like to hear more of her reads and other thoughts.

Well, last time you betrayed me, I still won, so not like it should matter, right? :p oh my god, that sounded so arrogant and cool to say!!

Hmm, if this is Bigfoot's first Mafia, and first scum game, then they're playing "newbie new to the game" pretty naturally...
ignore this, if a person played Among Us before, you must have a bit of experience to pull off the "newbie new to the game" well enough

Day 4

ok, cool

awesome, nice

wow, fascinating

---

Why did you quote my posts saying awesome, nice, fascinating, to then saying my posts are less interesting. My posts being less interesting to you then you shouldn't have been quoting my posts to saying awesome, nice, and fascinating.

These new players like Bigfoot are going to be hard to read since at times new players don't know what they are saying and make these mistakes as both alignments.

Sure, he has been giving an image of feeling pressured, which is totally understandable, it's also my first time; but at the same time it gives me the feeling that it can be something planned. If you think about it, it can be convenient to put yourself in that position if you have something to hide, that attitude can cause other players to overlook you until it's too late. Sure, it's a risky move, but beneficial if executed well, so I can definitely see someone trying it.

HumanDawn's "more-or-less" judgement:

Town

^
l HumanDawn
l DawningWinds
l RavenRaziel98
l Pika_pika42
l (Exlight / Midorikawa)
l EternalPokeFanGirl
l Space
l Sushi The Enby
l Jinjo
l Bigfoot_the_Pokemon
v
Mafia

Vote: Jinjo

Bigfoot already has 3 votes, and because I'm ~edgy~, I don't join bandwagons when I can be threatening the unthreatened!!

Jinjo posted like 4/5 times and provided generic posts with no read of her own. Reading her posts, I glean no new information or line of thought. Even if the newer players have clear struggles in getting used to the game, they make this information clear, and can at least muster up a quip or two against someone. With Jinjo, I don't even have that. It's like she's a spectator who has priveldeges to post to give people reminders of how the game works.

Why did you quote my posts saying awesome, nice, fascinating, to then saying my posts are less interesting. My posts being less interesting to you then you shouldn't have been quoting my posts to saying awesome, nice, and fascinating.
That is called sarcasm, Jinjo. Ever heard of it?

These new players like Bigfoot are going to be hard to read since at times new players don't know what they are saying and make these mistakes as both alignments.
This might be your least interesting post yet.

Sure, he has been giving an image of feeling pressured, which is totally understandable, it's also my first time; but at the same time it gives me the feeling that it can be something planned. If you think about it, it can be convenient to put yourself in that position if you have something to hide, that attitude can cause other players to overlook you until it's too late. Sure, it's a risky move, but beneficial if executed well, so I can definitely see someone trying it.
I do see the vibe you get that he feels like he's under pressure, but it definitely feels like being a new player thing. I remember in my first game feeling a lot more pressure than I would've had I been in the same position with the experience I have now, just because I didn't know what I was doing. I don't get the vibe that he's trying to get people to get people to overlook him now, and he's been actively contributing a lot more than a lot of other people, which, especially from a new player, strikes me as town.

It's cool, but it's not really helpful.
Okay, cool, it's hard, but at the end of the day, through that difficulty, what do you ultimately suspect, what do you think should be done?

Are you just going to let Bigfoot die today, just like that? Or let him be?

That is called sarcasm, Jinjo. Ever heard of it?
It wasn't sarcasm actually, more like I am emotional that there are posts but no conclusions or actions are being taken.
I do see the vibe you get that he feels like he's under pressure, but it definitely feels like being a new player thing. I remember in my first game feeling a lot more pressure than I would've had I been in the same position with the experience I have now, just because I didn't know what I was doing. I don't get the vibe that he's trying to get people to get people to overlook him now, and he's been actively contributing a lot more than a lot of other people, which, especially from a new player, strikes me as town.
yeah this is p much why i tr (town read) them

Back
Top Bottom