• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chess Mafia (2023) - ENDGAME - TOWN + INDEPT WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weird part is that they claim Bus Driver on prime nights (2 3 5 7 11...) and Nexus on non prime (1 4 6 8-10...)
Which is overall weird behaviour for any chess piece.
I was thinking it sounded a little bit like hourse movement but no its not it docent line up with anything but it might line up with shogi

There are also pawns in shogi as well.
Mido claimed the ability to promote on night 5, which is probably unique to chess pawns. Mafia is confirmed to be able to promote but the method is unknown. Every piece in shogi (i think?) can promote, not just pawns, so there's that to keep in mind.

Yeah, I thought so. Hmmm, I thinks odds on Ragnarokio being scum redirector are quite high.
On what basis?

I reiterate that if me and Dawning were the last remaining mafia on N2, then hitting zinn makes no sense, as the most probable path to victory would be to encourage chain-lynches on minish and zinn and then win after that. Hitting zinn makes that impossible, and creates a scenario where we need to convince town to lynch players who are town-locked by most of the game instead, which is obivously much harder. I feel this is much stronger evidence of my innocence than any attempt to flavour solve based on roleclaims.

It could have been if you were not personally pointing it out, now it is just WIFOMable just like every night kill option ever. Truth of the matter is, Zinn was a good PR (most likely Cop) and scum no longer had Jailer, they had to go ASAP.

killing zinn in the hopes that i'll be able to convince people that i'm innocent is not a better strategy. Its a much harder sell to convince people to lynch, say, jamie and beryl than it would be to convince people to lynch minish and zinn. the WIFOM route is obviously a weaker strategy than just trying to sell a lynch on the players in much weaker standing.

I just realized my dumbass forgot to add the countdown
I'll give everyone 15 more minutes to submit their final actions

killing zinn in the hopes that i'll be able to convince people that i'm innocent is not a better strategy. Its a much harder sell to convince people to lynch, say, jamie and beryl than it would be to convince people to lynch minish and zinn. the WIFOM route is obviously a weaker strategy than just trying to sell a lynch on the players in much weaker standing.
Under regular circumstances I would agree with this line of logic, but as the game state currently is, a lone scum alive needs two mislynches/misvigs to win, one is not enough, and basically everyone expect me, Minish and you were kinda proven at the moment the Zinn kill was picked, so even if you could somehow mislynch once it would not be enough and you would have to make an appeal to absurdity WIFOM case on someone in the Emperor + Jabberwocky group of 4 anyway.

End of N3/ Start of D4

===============

The dejected soldiers finally gathered some energy... Another tough night of battles...
Another morning had begun, but it wasn't without any nasty surprises, two even:
@Mint Elv had been killed off during the Night, and @RavenRaziel98 's body had suddenly appeared. Was the enemy sending them a message?

Hello Mint Elv!

In this game you’ll be the Pawn, Town Army! You’re an army of soldiers ready to selflessly dive head-on into battle, ever loyal to defending your kingdom at all costs. Strength in numbers!

1696897900262.png

You are a Mega Voter. Your votepower is equal to the amount of other Pawn characters currently alive in the game. Your vote’s real value does not show up in votecounts and is unknown to you.

Due to being a Pawn, if you're still alive by the start of D5, you can promote. Upon achieving promotion you can become any of the publicly revealed Town Roles so far, as long as their character isn't the King or a Pawn.

You win when all potential threats to Town are eliminated from the game.
Hello RavenRaziel!

In this game you’ll be the Pawn, Town Soldier! You’re a soldier ready to selflessly dive head-on into battle, ever loyal to defending your kingdom at all costs.

1696897828436.png

As the Soldier you are a Venge Roleblocker, but also have a 1x Rolestopper. Please keep in mind that the Venge Roleblocker is mandatory.

Venge is a passive modifier that triggers an action upon getting lynched. In this case, a Roleblock.

Every Day Phase, you must target a person. If you’re successfully lynched during that Day Phase, your target will be unable to use their active actions during the next Night Phase. If you do not select a target, the last person to have voted you will automatically become your target.
During the Night Phase you can target a Player. That player is unaffected by any other Player actions targeting them during that Night, except kills.

Due to being a Pawn, if you're still alive by the start of D5, you can Promote. Upon achieving promotion you can become any of the publicly revealed Town Roles so far, as long as their character isn't the King or a Pawn.

You win when all potential threats to Town are eliminated from the game.

NIGHT 3 HAS ENDED
DAY 4 STARTS NOW

D4 Countdown Here!

People can vote for Extension or Shortening of the Day (±24h)
Hammer Rules are ON

Something is off here... I would rather claim no result of my night action for now.

OK TINFOIL THEORY TIME
Yeah it is this moment Zexy snaps and goes paranoid, sorry but it was kinda waiting to happen...

First of all, the order in which action stuff gets claimed matters a lot here, so I hope we do it correctly. I am absolutely not sure I should claim my result first until at least @Minish and @Potato-6 (our "true" clears) show up. Honestly at this point I would even consider listening to helperman's thoughts on this, but since he could be harmful in his own ways, what only Minish/Potato say goes.

I also unfortunately think that the last scum has already promoted. Come to think of it, promotion seems to be an anti-swing mechanic. Assuming helperman not lying, a perfect town game would go like lynch scum d1 and d2, vig kill scum n2, maybe also gotta get rid of helper d3, that is it. A perfect scum game would be like mislynch non vig d1 (12, 2 scum hopped), kill n1 (11), mislynch non vig/hopped d2 (10, all 3 scum + 1 town hopped), scum and vig kill on non-hopped town n2 (8), then d3 mislynch (7, helper hops all 6 ppl alive and exists as a winner, so 6 left, parity, even if Mega Voter is around, scum has n3 kill too)

So basically all perfectly optimal scenarios for either faction end at d3. The town promotion condition is reaching d5, this means making several errors like 2 mislynches with vig gone early, or no lynches plus vig shooting wrong, or some combo of both). Basically if town survives to d5, they are the underdog faction and are given a major boost, which they kinda need... It lets all Pawns alive to choose among any flipped among several good roles (Beholder, Minish role, whatever Zinn was) to hopefully decisively end the game with actions n5 or d6 at most.

So what could the promotion condition for scum be? Losing two teammates maybe? It is super hard for a lone scum to have a chance of winning against a setup this stacked without major help. As for what that help could be? Maybe their shogi Pawn character (who could fit Janitor in a sense, the lowest ranked in the team under normal circumstances) being able to get back the powers of their teammates (especially the Framer Jailer, I think this is important). Them surviving last would be crucial, maybe crucial enough that in the presence of two scumbuddies not so willing to commit to this game, a major staged bussing (down to the two not claiming) was intended all along.

Aside of that... I still have no idea why Raven's role flipped now (my best guess is some sort of Bleeder-like time limit? To not make a D1 Janitor on a crucial role, especially the Vigi, limit Backup and Promoting Pawns from accessing it forever).

I still think ragnarokio is the scummiest atm under normal play, but some weird role interaction has happened here... I would not put it entirely past the setup for one of the Neighbor Pawns being scum at this moment. You know how in some movies the seemingly innocuous janitor talks with a more major character and this interaction is somehow important later?

ARGH my brain is super fried another night in a row, what is this game Ex ffs

Something is off here... I would rather claim no result of my night action for now.
My action failed too btw, the "no result" was the soft. Also the "my night action" hinted that my action was not really a watch on Potato, it was a track on ragnarokio, I just had to lie because of the WIFOM caused by phase not ending... In fact I tried to confuse ppl in general when saying there was no interaction that could solve this all night, of course tracking ragnarokio and getting two players back as a result would be a clear. But nope, everyone got blocked, and the wording is such that I was not even sure if I got redirected too before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom