• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chess Mafia (2023) - ENDGAME - TOWN + INDEPT WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above post confused me a lot, not sure what the assumptions are (there is only 0-1 scum left, not 2), the day/night numbers are flipped, anyway... I am planning to go to bed soon, my brain is fried atm, if ragnarokio is not the vig I have zero idea what is happening and I doubt I am in the mental state to figure it out atm. So yeah, gotta sleep on it, think it over fresh tomorrow, and decide if I wanna use the 1x Beholder as tracker or watcher, and on who...

I'm cleared bitches.
Was lying about only being odd night.
I'm odd/even.
Switch between between roleblocker and vigi.
I shot Dawning.
That's why I asked if Dawning was the universal scum read during night.

I'm cleared bitches.
Was lying about only being odd night.
I'm odd/even.
Switch between between roleblocker and vigi.
I shot Dawning.
That's why I asked if Dawning was the universal scum read during night.
i call ballshit i dont trust minish i think zinn was vigi

Minish ability seems Knight-ish because Vig, but Bishop-ish because alternating nights. I would bet Minish Knight and Zinn Bishop though. ragnarokio ability makes no sense at all for a chess piece, why should prime numbers matter? Also their ability while indeed a liability as Tood claimed, is entirely unproven and for now unprovable, and with them supposedly being nexus tonight (3 is prime), even if I track them, I may be redirected to anybody, so they can claim I was redirected to the scum (whoever it is) if I see them visiting the nightkill target? Even if I wait for the next night they can claim to have used bus driver on my target, whoever that may be? Their bus driver can even interfere with Minish’s Vigi and make the situation worse for us.

I think my best bet is to either guess who the NK could be and Watch them, or wait for next night and not discuss the target and result at all until they claim their bus drive before me.

Although tbh I would just want them lynched just to get the uncertainty factor out, even if we are more paranoid about helperman being harmful and lynch him at final 7 (even he said it is OK to do so, if he is not lying he will be winning), we can lynch ragnarokio at final 5, and if somehow we are still not done (which I really doubt) it is still salvageable at final 3... This looks optimal no matter what, we need the uncertainty factor out for other roles to work better.

I'm nexus on non-prime nights, not on prime nights. I imagine its possible in theory to prove that i can bus, but i don't think it would be particularly indicitive since its a common mafia role anyways. If you want me to target anyone specific tonight for the purpose of solving let me know though.

I feel somewhat confident that the final scum should be in the pool i referred to earlier (zexy, jamie, beryl, potato, mint).

I feel somewhat confident that the final scum should be in the pool i referred to earlier (zexy, jamie, beryl, potato, mint).
How do you think this works flavor wise? If you could please elaborate I might be convinced. As in, guesses for each piece. Mint Elv is kinda role confirmed, Potato is also kinda confirmed by omission... So it might be one of the neighbors if we get super paranoid (else they are just masons), their Bodyguard shots were not proven after all...

Meanwhile I will think of how you could possibly use bus driver tonight in conjunction with my tracker/watcher and Minish's blocker to maybe prove something...

We don't really have a lot to go on in terms of flavour. "evolving watcher/tracker" was the rook and i guess thats because rooks tend to be weak in the early game and strong in the late game? It makes sense but its not an angle i would have guessed without already knowing the answer. I might have guessed an info role would make more sense as knight because they can kind of scout. I'm guessing minish is knight/bishop just because she doesn't appear to be a pawn and the rook already flipped. I don't know why either of those pieces would form a roleblock/vig rotation, though thats the same as any piece. There's an obvious flavour connection for beloved and queen. Not so much cop.

Anybody could be pretty well any piece as far as I'm concerned, with some exceptions, and that means anybody could be a shogi piece. With that said, here's some guesses:

A. Zexy - Rook/Bishop?
2. Potato-6 - King
3. JamieIsBored - Pawn
4. RavenRaziel98 - Pawn?
5. Minish - Knight/Bishop
6. milkshayke (Eri) - Pawn
8. ZinnLav - Queen
Q. Mint Elv - Pawn
K. HumanDawn - Rook

The number of pawns are unknown so any of our pawns could be fakeclaiming and actually be a shogi piece. Your role seems most likely to be a duplicate piece to me, which would make you the most suspicious flavour-wise, but again I think the flavour angle in general is pretty weak here.

Potato is probably actually safe in retrospect though, since king is the one role that could be counterclaimed and it should be impossible for raven or zinn to have been the king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom