• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chess Mafia (2023) - ENDGAME - TOWN + INDEPT WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelp in other news fmPOV:
Beryllium: Confirmed
Mido: Confirmed
Minish: Confirmed
Ragnarokio/Vigi: Confirmed
Potato: Confirmed
How is Minish confirmed? If ragnarokio is actually Knight (I think it fits Vigilante more) wouldn't Bishop be Zinn, Cop + Beloved or something?

Can't talk about the other thing ofc, but I am pretty sure helperman is harmful, and I kinda think Minish is not yet cleared.

Why did scum not hide Human though?
Maybe because Janitor is Odd Day Even Night? And also Minish? Zinn may be Beloved Cop Bishop and we are missing a Raven role, maybe the other Bishop (who Minish, if scum Janitor, would know the role of and could use as a fake claim).

The roleblock on Zinn. Although that could be added scum power. I just don’t think it makes sense to have a Roleblocker and a Jailer in the same team.
That could have been toast? I think even Zinn themselves thought they were worth framing. Usually Cops, if Jailed, are told they are just blocked. You are not supposed to find out you got protected and framed.

Alright wild theory here.
Scum is Minish, Dawning and Toast.
Minish sees Toast is Jailer and goes. “Maybe I can use that”. Reads that part of their janitor role is even and odd/ even night and goes “Hmm. Maybe I can use that“. As Zinn should have been voted off, Toast decides to use the framer ability on them. Minish then claims roleblocker and to confuse town, says she roleblocked someone other than Zinn, however that person is yet to step forward. Even with a re-director wouldn’t Zinn have been told twice if they had been roleblocked twice?

I have a wilder one. Just want to see your reaction first Zexy.
I think this one makes perfect sense, Minish has still not told us who she blocked. But I would like to see the wilder one too in case it somehow makes perfecter sense.

It’s not one you would like. I’ll hold onto it for now unless you really want to hear it?
Are you starting to get paranoid on me? I would still like to hear it in order to hopefully debunk it, I mean you have outed all the roles to the last scum whoever it is, what difference will it make?

Actually before I do that theory. What the fuck was Raven? There‘s no flavour holes left, when I brought up this theory, it had him as Knight and the Cop. But I don’t think that’s possible, was Raven a pawn perhaps? Anyway, the theory was Zinn’s role is quite Queeny which would disrupt my theory on Zexy being the Queen, unless the King’s sleeping around that doesn’t make much sense to me. However, I think it‘s highly possible that we have 2 Knight and 2 Bishops and that Zinn was one of the two. I do think the Minish theory is way more likely but it was just something nagging at me.

From my POV, I believe ragnarokio is a Knight which fits Vigilante and could tell Minish is not a Bishop too, she tried to indirectly tell us that Minish may be a horse Jabberwocky.

Which means the Bishop was never Odd/Even Night to begin with, it likely was Zinn, it does make sense for investigative (they have more knowledge than the royals or the armies) and could maybe be Beloved in the sense that when a religious figure dies, there is mourning. It also feels like something Ex would add in his setup to hopefully make it less claim heavy, it would be enough to make a Cop think twice before claiming. Just like Town Universal Backup getting 1-shot abilities of any active town role flipped seems like an anti-swing mechanic.

Raven could be a 4th Pawn or 2nd of any non royal piece for all I know.

I'm not a vigilante and was not responsible for either of the night's kills.

last mafia may as well be a wildcard, both their friends were basically awol all game so they had no real incentive to interact with them meaningfully.

Zexy- UB
Potato- Town Emperor
Jamie- Neighbour Bodyguard
Raven- Janitor/ other mafia role
Minish- Odd Night Roleblocker
Milkshayke- Neighbour Bodyguard
Dawning- Same as Raven.
Zinn- Cop
Helper- Hopper
Toast- Jailer/ Framer
Ragnarokio- Even Night Vigi
Mido- Added Voter
Human- Tracker/ Watcher

That was my thoughts on everyone N2.
Why did you think zinn was a cop?

... Then who the F is the Vigilante? Argh, I think all of our theories are wrong now :(
the kill on zinn feels pretty unusual to me, there are several players who seem like they'd make more obvious hits
Zinn did soft a power role by some point in d2 when they said "I just wanted to not be on the spotlight". Even before that they made a big deal of being willing to claim only to be blocked... But n1 they still had a Jailer and could focus on Human who was the first to push cases on both Dawning and toast. N2 they no longer had Jailer and they also had Janitor, and Zinn was still not claimed, so why not kill them instead of someone whose claim was more heavily hinted?

there are ~5 players town will probably never lynch (you, jamie, beryl, potato, mint). If a 2-player mafia team is outside that pool, they basically have no way of winning unless they kill exclusively inside it.

Zinn, Me, Dawning, Minish comprise players who were very likely to be lynched before the other four. The optimal game for mafia in this condition would have been something like (assuming mafia was say, minish and me)

N2: Kill zexy (brings it to 2v6)
D3: Zinn is lynched (brings it to 2v5)
N4: Kill jamie (brings it to 2v4)
D4: Dawning is lynched (brings it to 2v3)
N5: Scum kills anyone and wins the game.

by NKing zinn (or any other player in that group of 4) it becomes impossible for scum to win under normal circumstances, provided they have two players in that pool of four.

The possibilities are then that scum were not playing logically, or that the remaining mafioso is in the pool of 5, not 4.

There's also some possibility that raven was the third scum and that helperman is actually a SK-variant, and in that case possibly also responsible for the extra kill, though mafia remaining seems more likely to me, particularly since the janitor still hasn't flipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom