• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible 3 new titles?

Cybersai

Reaction score
Serebii posted these on his site, I didn't see them posted here:

11/06 DP101: "Rival Trainer Jun Appears!"
11/13 DP102: "Hearthome Gym! VS Fantina!"
11/20 DP103: "Chaotic Melee in Canalave City!"

Are these real? If so, I'm surprised they're bringing the yellow-haired rival from DP into the anime, they never brought in Wally from R/S or the red-haired rival from GSC.

Yes, they're real. They're on Pokeani's front page.

Are these real? If so, I'm surprised they're bringing the yellow-haired rival from DP into the anime, they never brought in Wally from R/S or the red-haired rival from GSC.

Mitsuru is not a rival. His title was never a rival, he never mentioned himself as a player's rival, he popped out only three times. His role in the plot is too small to be called a rival.

Furthermore, Mitsuru just has his name, all other rivals were named by the player.

Mitsuru is NOT a real rival.

In Pokemon R/S there is no distinct rival after all. Mitsuru's role is the closest to what we call a rival, but still, he DOES NOT qualify as one.

Anyway, those titles may not be real. As long as there is no magazine scans, I don't believe it!

I sincerely hope that Barry is established as a previous League Champion who has recently challenged Cynthia but lost. This possibility is highly likely in light of the battle that is purported to be featured in the preceding episode.

It goes without saying that Barry is Lucas' rival; he should provide insight into Lucas' feats as a trainer. I also suspect that much like in the games, Barry has decided to participate in the Battle Frontier after opting to do away with the Elite Four. If that is the case, the episode may disclose the Battle Frontier's anime location.

Maxim Gwanjangnim said:
His title was never a rival, he never mentioned himself as a player's rival,
Both Wally and Barry are referred to in-game as Pokémon Trainers rather than as rivals, unlike Green and Silver.

Wally may have had few appearances in the games, as well as fail to meet certain criteria such as being able to be named and having one of the starter Pokémon, but he clearly considers himself to be May/Brendan's rival.

Last edited:
The writers realized we're 100 eps in now, so now they're starting to rush through the second half? Almost reminds me of how Battle Frontier suddenly sped up out of nowhere. :p

Wow, wondering when he would appear. Lets hope his personality transfers from the game. Guessing he'll crash into Satoshi in their first meeting.

As for Mio City, they must've gave up on filling up the gap since getting the third badge took a while.

Mio = Canavale?

And a chaotic meelee? I wonder if we're going to see Riley?

Yes. Mio = Canalave.

Gen? We'll probably see them someday. They showed Momi and Miru, so why not Gen? Because there was a different character strikingly similar to him in a movie? This is not a reason against him!

But not in this episode, I guess. I think there will be special Iron Island episode. That island is a hard-to-miss place, so I believe it'll be shown.

Anyway, I hope that Sailor Namiki will also appear and ship the character to Iron island. I know that most people don't care about such minor characters but if they decide to make the cast visit Iron Island, then there's a perfect opportunity to show him. Maybe his son who sees Darkrai in dreams will also get an episode?

Anyway, I still don't believe in that news as long as I don't see a magazine scan.

But if it's real, then it's really going to be the news of the month!

Something about that last title doesn't feel right. I can see Dawn not getting her next ribbon until after Ash's sixth badge. But arriving in Canalave City the episode after he gets his fifth badge? Normally, we at least get a filler or two to show the next leg of the journey. I predict quite a detour on Iron Island.

Woah, I'm way out of the loop. I'm watching the Wallace Cup, and all of a sudden they're off to Canalave? @.@

Anyway...I really hope Iron Island shows up. It's a pretty cool place in the games, and I'd like to see how they translate it to the anime. What I don't want to have happen is the writers basically use Roark's story all over again -- he's not at the gym, he's off on Iron Island, so Ash and co. go to find him, something happens, and in the next episode Ash challenges him to a gym battle. They could really do so much more with it...alas, my cynicism is telling me that my fears will come to pass. Sigh.

By the way -- are these episodes dubbed yet, or no?

Pearl+Anime Appearance=Epic Win.

I'll be disappointed if there's no him bumping into people. =(

Also, how in God's name do they get from Hearthome to Canalave in one episode. Considering the distance between the two, it would be impossible. 0_0

I hope it's really the games' rival... and if it's him than maybe he's really the one who challenge Cynthia in the episode before
1-episode-only Gym battle, no Nando, no Contest... completely destroyed my hopes for Hearthome... poor Dawn won't be able to prove she can do double performance until the GF? I want to see Pip/Pachi revenge T_T
One episode after Ash gets a badge - they're already at the next Gym's city?! 0__0 WTF

1-episode-only Gym battle, no Nando, no Contest... completely destroyed my hopes for Hearthome... poor Dawn won't be able to prove she can do double performance until the GF? I want to see Pip/Pachi revenge T_T

What the hell was the whole collection thing for? 0_0

Hikari having a contest in the same place twice never made sense to me.

I've been hoping Jun would be the one to battle Shirona. Looks like that might be true. It's going to be hilarious seeing him in the anime. :)

I'm surprised they're in Mio so fast. I figured we'd at least have a Rotom filler in between. But I bet the writers would rather spend time at Iron Island which means we get to hear about that damn Riolu egg again. Goodie...

Fantina not appearing in a Contest is odd, but she could appear again later on.

After all, Gardenia showed up again well after Ash beat her. If Fantina travels again we might see her battle Dawn in a contest later.

Although I think the reason the writers didn't put Fantina in a contest is because they didn't want Dawn to have another loss so soon.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom