• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible 3 new titles?

I'm also surprised that Canalave is happening so soon. Wow, I never would've guessed. But anyway, these titles sound exciting! We have a gym battle and Jun is appearing which is quite interesting. Wonder what's going to happen.

My guess as to the jump is what I've posted a few times about, we're 100 episodes into Sinnoh now, AG only went on for 91 eps more for a total of 191 eps. DP will probably last a little longer since the 5th gen is still a bit off, but it would be great if the quest ended so more time can be spent on the leagues and a possible Elite 4 arc after.

Scott85 said:
DP will probably last a little longer since the 5th gen is still a bit off,
That's a gross understatement. The only thing we know about the DS successor is that Nintendo currently has no plans of releasing it before 2011, which has been described by Satoru Iwata as the earliest possible release date. Furthermore, Game Freak has not had experience releasing their games as launch titles; even if Nintendo were to change their minds, it is extremely unlikely that we will see Generation V before 2011.

The reason for the apparent decision to start rushing through the Gyms more likely has to do with a desire to wrap the Sinnoh series (which is to say the DP series up until the Sinnoh League and Grand Festival) by this time next year. That may leave a lot of time (roughly two years) for a detour in other venues until Generation V is finally released, but there is no reason to drag the Sinnoh journey ad nauseam.

Last edited:
Did you maybe consider that every bit of area between Hearthome and Canalave have already been covered? there isn't much that's new between the 5th badge and the 6th.

Did you maybe consider that every bit of area between Hearthome and Canalave have already been covered? there isn't much that's new between the 5th badge and the 6th.
That could also be said of the the trek between Snowpoint City and Sunyshore City.

Wow, we're actually seeing the rival from D/P/Pl in the anime?? Has this been precedented?? This is awesome!!

That's one hell of a jump from Hearthome City to Canalave. So the writers have gone to their old bag of rushing scenes now that they realized that they'll be at a crunch come end of the region? Took them long enough. Although I do see there's no significance with Jubilife City and "Route 218", they could've shown a filler or two. Just for smooth flow.

Still pumped about seeing Barry/Pearl/Jun. I do want to see his character justified in the anime as well.

RIP Nando. 2006-2008.

Last seen leaving Hearthome City. Speculated dead at the hands of a red-haired Coordinator, an angry young man in blue and black, and a hyper blonde. Whereabouts of corpse unknown.

Jun = No. F***ing. WAY.
The Diamond/Pearl series has now become even less predictable! I can't wait to see this guy in action.

RIP Nando. 2006-2008.

Last seen leaving Hearthome City. Speculated dead at the hands of a red-haired Coordinator, an angry young man in blue and black, and a hyper blonde. Whereabouts of corpse unknown.
You my friend, have just earned that quote a spot in my signature. xD
But seriously, I'm excited to see how the writers are gonna handle this one, since Jun is the first game rival to appear next to Gary.

Wow. New titles already? And they all sound great. I've been wanting Ash to battle some trainer before he got to Hearthome so hopefully he does that with this Jun guy. Also, its a big surprise to see they get to Canalave so fast. I was excpecting a couple of fillers.

Jun is a funny character in the games, he really should have been introduced at the start of DP...not 100 episodes into it.

It doesn't seem like Jun is a coordinator, so if anything he'll be a rival to Ash.

I love what they did to "Jun"'s animation in Platinum. I crack up everytime looking at it. I also think he will be a one-time CoTD. Just as a tribute that the writers haven't done this ever.

They are making D/P more leaned to the games than before.

I wonder if Dawn will know him, because he is from Twinleaf Town, right? So who would he really bump into first, Ash or Dawn? I predict Dawn-Ash already had his "bumps" with "Aoi".

Jun...that's the blond rival from D/P...

...O.O; My Lake/Galactic Takedown Theory could be jeopardized! Or maybe not...either way, Jun coming in sounds like total hilarity! Have summaries for these episodes appeared yet?

I love what they did to "Jun"'s animation in Platinum. I crack up everytime looking at it.

You mean the one I have in my signature? :D

It would be cool if Jun becomes a regular though, but I doubt it. At least it would be nice if he shows up in the Sinnoh League, if he's not the person facing Shirona, that is.

Yes! I think theyre making Jun a recurring rival! Ash needed more than Paul...

I must say, Jun showing up is quite the pleasant surprise. It should be interesting to see how they adapt him into the anime, and what his role will be. Especially if he's going to be a recurring character.

Do you think he will be in his Platinum clothes? I dont think so, since it just came out and Dawn hasnt worn hers yet. But they havent reached snow yet, so maybe thats why... I honestly dont get the point of the snow outfit for Dawn, I mean, wearing a skirt/dress thing in the snow would still make her cold, even with long sleeves.

The writers realized we're 100 eps in now, so now they're starting to rush through the second half? Almost reminds me of how Battle Frontier suddenly sped up out of nowhere. :p

Yeah really, I miss a couple of episodes and suddenly Ash has two more symbols ._.

I hope Jun's character is transfered from the game, you know, being one of the few that actually have a distinguishable and interesting personality.

I'm also wondering how they are getting from Hearthome to Canalave in one episode. Somehow I doubt my wish for an episode outside of Ash and friend's adventure will not be fulfilled here.

I love what they did to "Jun"'s animation in Platinum. I crack up everytime looking at it. I also think he will be a one-time CoTD. Just as a tribute that the writers haven't done this ever.

They are making D/P more leaned to the games than before.

I wonder if Dawn will know him, because he is from Twinleaf Town, right? So who would he really bump into first, Ash or Dawn? I predict Dawn-Ash already had his "bumps" with "Aoi".

LOL They have to switch bummping into people? I predict they'll just all run into him together Ash/Brock/Dawn. Though it would be more fun if it was Ash seeing as there attitudes would clash with each other LOL. I'd love it if he was Ash rival in the anime, that'd rule. Ash could have two rivals here for the first time. These episode titles sound wicked.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom