• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible 3 new titles?

What the hell was the whole collection thing for? 0_0

What? Do you mean "Hearthome Collection"? That wasn't a Contest
Or if you ask why the writers did it except of a real Contest than... I don't know XD

Hikari having a contest in the same place twice never made sense to me.

Why? If that's a city who the twerps go to two more times after the Contest - it only makes sense they might be there in time for the next Hearthome Contest (it makes no sense to think it's one time in a year each city like the dub invented)
And it's a special Contest that Dawn failed at and it could be nice to see her at least pass the performance this time if not even win

Although I think the reason the writers didn't put Fantina in a contest is because they didn't want Dawn to have another loss so soon.

It's not like Dawn will automatically lose against her... she has a chance
It's another thing I forgot to say before - no Dawn/Fantina battle! if they didn't bother to let Dawn battle her now in Hearthome (in or outside a Contest) than why they made Ash battle her last time? it could be better to see Dawn battle her and than Ash rather than Ash and again Ash...

Why? If that's a city who the twerps go to two more times after the Contest - it only makes sense they might be there in time for the next Hearthome Contest (it makes no sense to think it's one time in a year each city like the dub invented)

Because that's something that I don't think the show has done before, and I don't see why the writers would focus on a place we've been before when Hikari could have her contest at a new place.

Jun appearing is crazy-awesome. :D Wonder what his dub name will be. It'd love it to be Barry, since that's the name I picked for him in-game. Heh. Maybe they'll just stick with Jun, like they did in Diamond and Pearl Adventure?

Iron Island mini-arc before Ash faces Bryon sounds likely... can't wait to see Riley, if they do end up doing that. It'd be awesome to have Ash and Brock mention Sir Aaron, heh.

Hey, I wonder if we're going to see Roark again? Obviously he'll be mentioned, but I'm talking about a full-on appearance.

Because that's something that I don't think the show has done before,

DP did a lot of things that they "didn't do before"
Also, when AG had the twerps return to a city that May previously had a Contest at? (and not only we got return to Hearthome already but now we get ANOTHER return to Hearthome... 2 times again after the Contest)

and I don't see why the writers would focus on a place we've been before when Hikari could have her contest at a new place.

But Hearthome isn't a regular Contest like all the others - it has double performance/battles
And Dawn didn't pass the performance last time... you'd think they'll give her another try and at least pass the perofrmance if not even win (not to mention it'd be great to see all of her Pokémon win her a ribbon together like they did in Wallace)

As for the Fantina thing, I have the feeling she might appear in Sinnoh's Grand Festival, so there's still the possibility of a contest battle between Hikari and her.

They said she's a Top Coordinator so I doubt she'll participate at the GF
Maybe one random Contest for fun or something but than why not Solaceon that was very close to her first appearance or Hearthome where her Gym is?

Well, I wasn't expecting Barry/Jun/Pearl to show up. That's a pleasent surprise.

AHH YAY JUN! :DDDD

He's my favourite Pokémon character sans Hikari! :DDDDD Please I hope this is Iwane . . and a recurring rival?

YES PLZ!

Makes you wonder why Jun isn't in the new opening, if they knew they were introducing him he should have been with the other rivals.

I'm curious if his appearance will only be a one-episode thing.

Jun appearing is crazy-awesome. :D Wonder what his dub name will be. It'd love it to be Barry, since that's the name I picked for him in-game. Heh. Maybe they'll just stick with Jun, like they did in Diamond and Pearl Adventure?

Barry is the name which takes Jun's place in the English version of the game. If they could catch Roman & Kylie, then they should catch this also.

I doubt they would leave him as Jun because of DPA. Viz is dense.

Makes you wonder why Jun isn't in the new opening, if they knew they were introducing him he should have been with the other rivals.

I'm curious if his appearance will only be a one-episode thing.

Maybe they simply see Paul/Zoey/Kenny as the "main" rivals... and other recurring rivals can appear but they won't appear as much as them and also won't be counted as important enough to be in the OP

If Barry is a League Champion, which is a requirement for being able to face Cynthia, then he will not be a rival to Ash. He may make Ash aspire to be his rival and surpass him by defeating the Elite Four, but that's about it.

Probably. Harley didn't appear in Symphonic Medley either, and wasn't considered largely important before Battle Frontier.

If Barry is a League Champion, which is a requirement for being able to face Cynthia, then he will not be a rival to Ash. He may make Ash aspire to be his rival and surpass him by defeating the Elite Four, but that's about it.

Oh right
But there's still a possibility he might be a rival to Dawn... he can take a break now from Gyms/BF and focus on Contests for awhile
...or they simply find a way to make him recurring while not being a rival to anyone (Aoi and Conway appeared again without being rivals to anyone)

Piplup said:
or they simply find a way to make him recurring while not being a rival to anyone (Aoi and Conway appeared again without being rivals to anyone)
If the writers wanted to incorporate him as a recurring character, they could follow the games and use him for the Team Galactic storyline. In which case, it would also be sensible of them to bring Lucas into the picture and have him be the hero.

It is not as if Ash and Dawn have proven themselves to be capable of handling Team Galactic on their own. On the contrary, they have had to rely on Maylene and Cynthia thus far.

Jun(e) and Pearl are girls names so they'll probably go with Barry or a dub exclusive name. I can't wait to see his 'mons =D

That is really weird that they're already at Canalave after the Hearthome Gym episode...but I don't really have any complaints. I wonder what they're rushing now for though? Sinnoh seemed to be going at a slow pace but now they're like blazing through it. o_O

Ah well, they probably have a reason why they're doing this. Anyways, I can't wait to see the in-game rival in the anime. It'd be cool if he was recurring.

It is not as if Ash and Dawn have proven themselves to be capable of handling Team Galactic on their own. On the contrary, they have had to rely on Maylene and Cynthia thus far.

Actually Chimchar was able to deflect Toxicroak's dark pulse. As for "Maylene" that doesn't make sense when Ash tied with her. Plus by now Ash should be superior to Maylene (meaning if they were to fight each other again, Ash would win).

Plus they were dealing with a lot of Golbat, and Ash only used Pikachu.

This is very weird:

11/13 DP102: "Hearthome Gym! VS Fantina!"
11/20 DP103: "Chaotic Melee in Canalave City!"

So, Ash and co. "jump" from Hearthome City to Canalave City in just one episode?. Well, I guess Ash won't make two gym battles so soon. I hope that Iron Island will appear, and so Ash will get the Riolu egg.

dman_dustin said:
Actually Chimchar was able to deflect Toxicroak's dark pulse. As for "Maylene" that doesn't make sense when Ash tied with her. Plus by now Ash should be superior to Maylene (meaning if they were to fight each other again, Ash would win).

Plus they were dealing with a lot of Golbat, and Ash only used Pikachu.
The point is that Ash and Dawn have not been able to face the commanders and grunts by themselves, requiring assistance from Maylene and then Cynthia. The player in the game is entirely independent, outside of one multi battle in which he was aided by his rival against Mars and Jupiter.

If the final Team Galactic showdown in the anime involves battling, it is hard to envision Ash and Dawn going further than one successful battle against one of the commanders. With there being two other commanders, numerous grunts and Cyrus himself, help will surely be needed from an outside source. Barry and Lucas are the ideal candidates.

Of course, this is all assuming that battling will come into play, which may very well not be the case. It could be that the legendary Pokémon will steal the action, as was the case in Team Magma and Team Aqua's resolution.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom