• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It: Video Game Edition [ENDGAME]

i said in the og post the mafia could easily use that info to frame me
Yeah, but it's all hypotheticals, so I don't think it's nearly as serious as you're making it out to be.

That's why they're hypothetical.

2) Even town wouldn’t come out and admit to roleblocking Lissi. It would put a target on their back and we don’t know if maybe they scumread her. Which is why I’m against it being what town clears Lissi. She’s being town cleared on almost nothing.
Nobody's town clearing Lissi. But we're not going to lynch the player who's claimed to be roleblocked unless we're 2 up on the mafia. And I can kind of see where Lissi is coming from with the whole "destroy the blueprint" thing, even if I disagree with her logic.

Vote: Itsjustmudkipz

Someone had asked earlier why I thought that Stinger's death meant Mudkipz was more likely to be scum. It goes back to the first post of theirs in the thread:
Would everyone be able to use their abilities without a blueprint no matter their alignment?
I wrote it off as a weird gut feeling thing at the time, which is why I didn't scumread mudkipz too hard. But I read this post as saying "would people be able to use non-blueprint abilities regardless of alignment" (which is already a weirdly worded question). Given that I didn't start with any abilities not tied to blueprints, I kinda thought it might be a TMI question if scum did start with abilities not tied to blueprints. Now that we know that Stinger did have an extra ability not tied to a blueprint, I find this TMI to be more likely.

And then Stinger's response immediately after
I'd imagine they would, if they actually had a none-blueprint ability to begin with.
kinda reads in hindsight like they might be trying to cover up for their scumbud.

Someone had asked earlier why I thought that Stinger's death meant Mudkipz was more likely to be scum. It goes back to the first post of theirs in the thread:

Would everyone be able to use their abilities without a blueprint no matter their alignment?
I wrote it off as a weird gut feeling thing at the time, which is why I didn't scumread mudkipz too hard. But I read this post as saying "would people be able to use non-blueprint abilities regardless of alignment" (which is already a weirdly worded question). Given that I didn't start with any abilities not tied to blueprints, I kinda thought it might be a TMI question if scum did start with abilities not tied to blueprints. Now that we know that Stinger did have an extra ability not tied to a blueprint, I find this TMI to be more likely.

And then Stinger's response immediately after
I'd imagine they would, if they actually had a none-blueprint ability to begin with.
kinda reads in hindsight like they might be trying to cover up for their scumbud.

That's a really good point. I hadn't picked up on it before. I do have an alternative theory (I'm not sure whether it's likely or not in this game setup), but I'll keep that to myself until we hear a response from mudkipz.

Nobody's town clearing Lissi. But we're not going to lynch the player who's claimed to be roleblocked unless we're 2 up on the mafia. And I can kind of see where Lissi is coming from with the whole "destroy the blueprint" thing, even if I disagree with her logic.
I’m not saying lynch her. But people are basically townclearing her, and assuming that it’s mafia doing the blocking and not a town member that doesn’t trust her.

Good catch on the slip up.

I’m not saying lynch her. But people are basically townclearing her, and assuming that it’s mafia doing the blocking and not a town member that doesn’t trust her.

Good catch on the slip up.
I think it's unlikely that it would be coming from Town at this stage. For one, the usage doesn't really track with a town blocker - generally the utility there would be to block a kill, and with them not having done so Night 1, there isn't much incentive to block the same person again instead of trying elsewhere. And aside from that, I would expect a townie here to do a bit more to qualify their suspicion, at the risk of outing themselves as a blocker, if they're that confident that it's Lissi, it's a worthwhile trade off.

I think it's unlikely that it would be coming from Town at this stage. For one, the usage doesn't really track with a town blocker - generally the utility there would be to block a kill, and with them not having done so Night 1, there isn't much incentive to block the same person again instead of trying elsewhere. And aside from that, I would expect a townie here to do a bit more to qualify their suspicion, at the risk of outing themselves as a blocker, if they're that confident that it's Lissi, it's a worthwhile trade off.
Blocking nightkills is very uncommon on BMg. So No one would think to use a roleblock on a nightkill.

Current Vote count (1 Hour and 53 Minutes remain edition)
itsjustmudkipz: VIII (Othinus, mastermind lissi, toastghost, Divergent, TheCapsFan, Quasar_Catfish, JamieIsBored, Midorikawa

Back
Top Bottom