• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Champions League [Week 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badal

What the deuce?
Reaction score
BulbagardenChampionsLeaguebannerBadal.png

Rules:

Gen 5 OU [Sim]:
Here is the banlist:

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (e.g. Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (e.g. Horn Drill)

Abilities
Inconsistent
Drizzle + Swift Swim on the same team

Species
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys-A
Deoxys
Dialga
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Lugia
Manaphy
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Zekrom

Clauses:
  • Timer must be enabled.
  • All battles must be on Pokémon Online
  • You are not allowed to use Pokémon classified as "Uber"
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KOing an opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
Gen 4 OU [Sim]
  • All Gen 4 matches must be played on Shoddy Battle or Pokemon Online.
  • You are not allowed to use Pokémon classified as "Uber".
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KOing an opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Timer must be turned on

Gen 4 OU [Wi-Fi]:
  • Battles must be played over Wi-Fi
  • You are not allowed to use Pokémon classified as "Uber".
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Hax Clause: Focus Band, King's Rock, Lucky Punch, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Scope Lens are banned

Gen 4 UU [Wi-Fi]:

• Battles must be played over Wi-Fi
  • You are not allowed to use Pokémon classified as "Uber", "OU" or "BL"
  • Hax Clause: Focus Band, King's Rock, Lucky Punch, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Scope Lens are banned

In the case of a tie, the captains nominate their best players and the players will pick a tier and battle it out in that tier. The winner of that will determine the overall winner.

Match-Ups:

picture.php
vs
Galaxy Tigers (0) vs Beedrills (4)
Gen 5 OU [Sim]: GengarEatBanana vs smartgamer
Gen 4 OU [Sim]: Badal vs Trainer-c
Gen 4 OU [Wi-Fi]: Hadesiro vs Heathcliff Huxtable
Gen 4 UU [Wi-Fi]: Sylver vs Rev

ive805.png
vs
The Brisinger Trainers (2) vs Bulba Bad Asses (2)
Gen 5 OU [Sim]: Troggy vs coolking503
Gen 4 OU [Sim]: pman vs Thundergere
Gen 4 OU [Wi-Fi]: GameCodeTrainer vs Aoki
Gen 4 UU [Wi-Fi]: INjustice Hero vs Angad

The Crew Gets a break this round.

You have EXACTLY a week to get these matches done. POST ABOUT YOUR ACTIVITY HERE. I do NOT want to give out too many coinflips and activities. Have Fun everyone!

Therefore DEADLINE: 31'st March 2011

Feel free to post here if I've missed out on something.

Last edited:
Confirming. 2-0. Quite close. gg
and bs hax. :(

nice job T-c ^_^

ive got a question badal.
does a team win by having more wins than the other teams?
and what happens if the teams tie?

nice job T-c ^_^

ive got a question badal.
does a team win by having more wins than the other teams?
and what happens if the teams tie?

In the case, the captains nominate their best players and the players will pick a tier and battle it out in that tier. The winner of that will determine the overall winner :)

In the case, the captains nominate their best players and the players will pick a tier and battle it out in that tier. The winner of that will determine the overall winner :)

I suppose that would work,
but you should edit this rule into the OP

I'll add the has clause and aoki when i get back from my exam. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, its the illegality of any items that will increase the possibility of there being greater hax

Oh, I see. Maybe you should be a bit more specific and say it relates to items that increase hax e.g. Brightpowder.

It's items like King's Rock and that other thing that boost crits. Serene Grace is usually allowed am I right?

I don't play Wi-Fi so I'm not completely sure, maybe J_T or Troggy or one of you guys could enlighten me.

I'm familiar with the Hax items thing, I just didn't recognize it since it was just being called 'Hax clause'.

So far we have Brightpowder, King's Rock, and Scope Lens qualifying for this ban. There may be 1-2 more but I'd have to check the item list.

BrightPowder
Focus Band
King's Rock
Lucky Punch
Quick Claw
Razor Claw
Razor Fang
Scope Lens
ALL BANNED right?

Last edited:
Uhhh, how about don't ban Stick. If someone is using a Farfetch'd they are going to lose anyway :D

Rest of list is bant though yes. Oh, except Lansat Berry. I don't see why you would ban that when it's a one time use pinch berry. If you want to sacrifice your item for a chance at a crit when you are almost dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom