• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW050 - Raimon Gym! Magnificent Electric Shock Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW049 + BW050 - Kamiture and the 4th Gym!

It would be kind of fresh if Ash lost more than once to Elesa. Hopefullt this way he can finally train his other Pokemon.

I just want how to explode with insanity over Pikachu. Think about it. An electric using gym leader meeting a rare electric Pokemon. Plus it's cute. Come on?

Fair enough point, and one I hadn't considered until now. I bet Kamitsure is like the others in Isshu that have never seen a Pikachu before, so I can imagine her fangirling over it...

Elesa will definitely use her Zebstrika in the anime. Burgh managed to use a Dwebble in the anime even though Cilan also had one. There won't be as big of a stigma with Elesa using Zebstrika because Kenyan's Zebstrika has only been seen briefly for two episodes. I also believe that Elesa will keep one or both of her Emolga to use in battle. It is important to remember that the writers aren't granting exclusive use of certain pokemon species to only the main characters.

I honestly believe that the writers will keep all of the gym leader's BW teams exactly the same in the anime. It had been the case for seven of the gym leaders in DP.

On another subject, I want to see how Elesa will react to seeing an Electric-type pokemon like Pikachu that cannot be found in the Unova region.

I doubt Elesa will use TWO Emonga, that is just too boring for the anime to do. She'll keep one of course, but they could switch out her other one for anything.

Unless the two emolga have distinct personalities, which when even having one pokemon belonging to a gym leader having personality is rare, I doubt she would have two. Her other pokemon may be in the Electrik line. I do want Pikachu to battle here, because it would be good to see how Elesa reacts to a Pikachu, and because Pikachu needs some winds in Best Wishes.

I think both Emolga will be kept; in the games, one is a boy and one is a girl. Ash could always use Snivy's Attract to stop the male from switching out.

And then Iris' Emolga will fall in love with said male Emolga. Snivy will get jealous and we will have a hilarious love triangle!

That would be an interesting twist, though.

Since every gym leader has debuted a new Pokemon so far I can see Elesa using a Tynamo or an Eelektrik in place of one of the Emolga's, I think Eelektrik would make more sense since it can use Volt Switch and Tynamo can't.

And then Iris' Emolga will fall in love with said male Emolga. Snivy will get jealous and we will have a hilarious love triangle!

That would be an interesting twist, though.
inb4 that Emolga also has Attract and we have a fatal attraction.

Maybe one Emolga will be shiny, like Winona's Swellow was.

I honestly believe that the writers will keep all of the gym leader's BW teams exactly the same in the anime. It had been the case for seven of the gym leaders in DP.

But Lenora had an extra Lillipup, which she doesn't have in the games. And all the DP leaders had an exact team from at least DP or Pt.

I honestly cannot WAIT for Kamiture's appearance ;___;

I want her to act Gaga-esque SO BAD

If Elesa does use two Emolga, then it will be the first time a gym leader uses two of the same Pokemon in a gym battle (obviously not counting evolutionary lines). So I think she'll just use one.

I would like it if they gave her a member of the Eelektross line. That would be pretty cool.

But Lenora had an extra Lillipup, which she doesn't have in the games. And all the DP leaders had an exact team from at least DP or Pt.

True, but the Lillipup evolved into a Herdier before the start of Ash's rematch against the trainer. Either way, Ash did battle the exact same pokemon from Aloe's team that the Gym Leader has in the games. I see no reason why the writers will deviate even further from the game teams in the case of Elesa that they had done with Aloe. Unlike Emolga, Herdier is part of an evolutionary line, and its pre-evolution had yet to made an appearance in the anime at this time. The writers must have felt that it was necessary to also introduce the pre-evolution of this pokemon as well.

I do believe that Elesa will use both of her Emolga in this battle. Of course, I will not object if one of the Emolga either gets replaced by another Electric-type, or is omitted completely from the battle (meaning that this gym battle could very well be a 2-on-2).

I'm curious how they're gonna introduce her! Will she battle Bianca or Trip? will they introduce her through the Pokemon musical? so many questions, and we must wait a month to see it! :(
For me it would be stupid to use 2 Emonga, okay it is a good tactic to switch them with VoSw but if they doesn't have some special move so we can make a difference it's not even interesting it's confusing.

I doubt she'll battle Trip. He'll likely be seen again after the gym..when Adler appears. Seeing Bianca's story with her father come into play in Elesa's introductory episode would be pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom