• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW050 - Raimon Gym! Magnificent Electric Shock Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW049 + BW050 - Kamiture and the 4th Gym!

Zuru, Gamagaru, Kurumayu, Tsutarja are the only ones I'd care to see here. Tsutarja could do with a gym battle, while the other three just need more battles in general.

I think Zuruggu has a good chance of being used now that he has another move. Granted, it'd raise the chances of there being a cheap fight, but I really couldn't care less.

Scraggy needs to win this Gym.

He's already been identified as a sort of rival for Axew. Yet look at all the progress Axew has been having in this short amount of time while Scraggy's only gotten something in BW043...

Winning this Gym will help Scraggy grow and maybe bring him closer to Axew's level again.

Pikachu will be here obviously, since it's been in every electric gym to date. It be funny if Kamitsure fangirled over it. I hope Snivy is here, she really needs a gym win. Oshawott, and Tepig need to stay the hell away from this from this gym. I don't particualry want Tranquil here either.

Zeburaika can use Nitro Charge and Emonga are Flying types and Denchura is a Bug Type Kurumauyu and Tsutarja I don't think so. Pikachu for sure though, he needs to be the star of this gym. Or maaybe Kamitsure is will have a "Singing Pikachu" for Satoshi to battle. :D Hatooboh and Mijumaru no. Pokabu no. So. Pikachu, Gamagaru, and Dangoro. But, if he uses Dangoro and Gama they should both lose and he should go train and rematch but, then again Volt Change won't work on Ground Types.

You know what I like about this? It has nothing to do with the words "Electric Shock". Praise Zekrom!

You know what I like about this? It has nothing to do with the words "Electric Shock". Praise Zekrom!
You seem preety shocked by this. Doesn't "Electric Shock" get you charged up?

I can already feel the static between Ash the ray of light, Elesa.

Okay, I'll stop now. :3c

I'm feeling Gamagaru, Kurumayu (who I completely forgot he had...), and Pokabu for the gym battle. PLEASE.

Ash promised Oshawott that he would use him in the "next gym battle" after the latter had decided to send himself out in the Castelia Gym Battle. This was the case in both the Japanese and the dubbed version. I do not see the writers failing to keep that promise.

I believe Oshawott will be among the three pokemon used. It makes sense, considering that he has been seen in a lot of episodes lately and had been training to resist Electric-type attacks. If Oshawott is not used here, despite all of this development and despite Ash's explicit promise to use this pokemon in the fourth gym battle in BW023, I will rip my hair out.

I feel that Palpitoad, Snivy, and Pikachu were used in the Don Battle just because the writers do not want Ash to use any of those pokemon in this gym battle. This prediction may feel like a stretch considering that Ash has used Pikachu in every single one of his battles against electric-type gym leaders, but I honestly believe it. I could be wrong, but I hope I am right.

Other than Oshawott, I am hoping that Roggerola, Scraggy, or Swadloon are used. Snivy and Tepig are the last pokemon that I feel Ash should be using in this gym battle.

Last edited:

Yes, Ash promising something. We all know how often those promises get kept...

Isn't that right, Pidgeot and all of the other characters Ash promised to see again!?

I'm seeing Scraggy, Roggenrola, and probably Snivy...

Nice to see that they have finally reached the fourth gym and everything.

Its really odd to me that Snivy has not yet had a Gym battle, but we just had a huge match for it in the Don Battle tournament, so I don't know if it'll be used again.

I definitely see Roggenrola being used her (still doesn't feel like Ash caught it :p) Scraggy might be used but I still feel he is too weak to take on Gym Leader. The third option would probably be Tepig Oshawott but I hope it wont be.

I hope Pikachu sits out but its been in every electric Gym so far, (Lt. Surge, Wattson, Volkner), that I feel its inevitable it'll be used here.

But hey, its BW, ANYTHING can happen...or something.

Ash promised Oshawott that he would use him in the "next gym battle" after the latter had decided to send himself out in the Castelia Gym Battle. This was the case in both the Japanese and the dubbed version. I do not see the writers failing to keep that promise.

I'd agree with that considering how much progress Satoshi has done with Mijumaru both in Kenyan's debut episode, the third Trip battle and in the Gamagaru capture episode, most notably strenghtening him and mastering Aqua Jet. Plus, the writers love to have Satoshi overcome type disadvantage in the overwhelming majority of situations.

I see Pikachu and Dangoro being used, though as I just mentioned, I could see the writers using Hatoboh instead of Dangoro giving how A- They love having Satoshi prove that type advantages aren't everything and that B- Kamiture most likely has one Emonga, which is a flying pokémon, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the writers try to make it an aerial battle.

I hope Pikachu sits out but its been in every electric Gym so far, (Lt. Surge, Wattson, Volkner), that I feel its inevitable it'll be used here.

But hey, its BW, ANYTHING can happen...or something.

Yeah. Like how the upcoming Gym Battle be an actual Lightning Battle. Yeah. I can realllly see that coming. Ugh.

I don't think 27 episodes was that long of a wait giving the ridiculous 52 episode wait between Candice and Volkner. After that, nothing seems long anymore... Long for Best Wishes I suppose. Anyway, I really hope Snivy gets used here. As already mentioned, she has not been in a Gym Battle yet. I don't think the Don Battles will affect it really. That wasn't that big of a battle anyway. I predict that he will use Pikachu because that's what he always does with Electric battles. But it's BW. Scraggy I don't picture being used yet. Oshawott may be the third because of the "promise" but meh.

I don't think 27 episodes was that long of a wait giving the ridiculous 52 episode wait between Candice and Volkner. After that, nothing seems long anymore... Long for Best Wishes I suppose. Anyway, I really hope Snivy gets used here. As already mentioned, she has not been in a Gym Battle yet. I don't think the Don Battles will affect it really. That wasn't that big of a battle anyway. I predict that he will use Pikachu because that's what he always does with Electric battles. But it's BW. Scraggy I don't picture being used yet. Oshawott may be the third because of the "promise" but meh.

1. At that point Sinnoh was stretched out because they knew they weren't doing a Johto filler arc.

2. There was no reason the first 3 Gyms had to be so close if we had to sit through this long gap.

Depending on the way things go, they could do pacing similar to Kanto or Hoenn, or do the long drawn-out Johto and Sinnoh route.

There was a promise? *shots himself*

Pikachu and Mijumaru must not be used here. Please writers, just this one time. ;_;

Lesson learnt. Never compare BW to any other season or make assumptions it will just bite back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom